shape
carat
color
clarity

CBI engagement ring is here!

tisfort

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I wanted to leave a note of gratitude and appreciation for the knowledge my DF and I gained from all the generous Pricescope members. When I first started researching I thought I wanted colorless, near flawless and did not know to care about the cut. DF and I had gone to the San Francisco diamond mart to look at stones and while they were beautiful, they didn't blow me away. After extensively reading through the posts on PS and learning about cut and proportions, I wanted a super ideal diamond. I contacted a few super ideal vendors and we decided on HPD because they had stones in the specs and price range we wanted. DF and I were able to see 4 CBIs in person and I was instantly mesmerized. The sparkle, fire, and scintillation were unreal! Thank you so much to Wink, Layla, and Melissa for their help in creating such a beautiful ring!

Layla had asked DF to post a review after the ring was delivered so you can read about his POV here. (DF did not include any pictures bc he knew I'm a lurker and didn't want me to see it before he proposed.)

I'm going to include whole bunch of photos and videos mostly bc I don't have anyone else IRL who would appreciate them lol I'll also share some information that we were personally seeking on our journey in creating the engagement ring. Maybe it will help someone else in the future.

Timeline
11/20/19: finalized setting, paid
1/10/20: ring completed
7/24/20: proposal (I didn't find out until afterwards that the ring was in our home for SIX months! The pandemic threw a wrench in DF's proposal plans.)

Diamond
2.08 G SI1
- I could see the tint in the H so we went w G.
- When I first saw the ring, I was like OMG it's huge! I actually started looking for a smaller diamond. I had seen the stone before purchasing but the prongs make it look bigger. Now that I've worn it for a few days, I'm more comfortable with the size. Who knows, DSS may even set in...

Setting
- 18K unplated WG shank, 6 prong platinum head, hidden halo w pink sapphires, our birthstones embedded in the inside of the shank
- Size 4 (ring is actually sized a bit bigger to accommodate for swelling and wt gain. Got these for tighter fit, don't even notice that they are there.)
- 2mm shank. Initially wanted thinner but Layla persuaded me that 2mm is plenty thin and more durable- she was right! Thanks, Layla!
- cathedral setting. was hesitant of this vs peg but I do feel more secure knowing the head/diamond is better supported
- When I tried on 18k WG settings at the SF diamond mart, it was a nice muted yellow. HPD's WG is really white and compared my ring to my sister's HPD platinum ring they look basically the same color. The WG is a great metal color, just not what I was going for. I'll wear it for a few weeks and see how I feel about it then. Doubtful I will be able to switch the whole shank to YG at this point though.

Okay enough talking, let's get to the good stuff- pics and videos!

First, 2 **non-CBI** diamonds I saw at the SF diamond mart. (For reference, the 2.31 G Si1 was about the same price as the CBI 2.08 G Si1)

When I fell in love w the CBI diamonds:

Certificate and stats:

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 2.52.36 PM.png

CAD:

image005.jpg

RING!

IMG_9706-1.jpeg

IMG_0064.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_8955.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That is truly stunning! Your DF done good! Congratulations!

H

Horsegirl76

Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! Happy engagement!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, it’s a real beauty :kiss2:!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that video is amazing! :love: :love: :love: And I love the pink hidden halo. Congratulations!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes are loving that the band isn't super dainty (yet still appears delicate), and the entire ring is spectacular. Congratulations!

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring. Best wishes to you and DF.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
I’m in love! It’s beautiful! And great size!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love: Congrats! :clap:

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations. Your ring is beautiful.

tisfort

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone!!

Wow, that video is amazing! :love: :love: :love: And I love the pink hidden halo. Congratulations!

Right?! When I first saw the CBIs in real life I was stunned at how exquisite diamonds can be

My eyes are loving that the band isn't super dainty (yet still appears delicate), and the entire ring is spectacular. Congratulations!

Thank you! From the CAD I was afraid the band would be too chunky but it turned out great! Solid & sturdy but doesn’t look or feel heavy. Lots of thanks to Layla for her input

congrats!! it's huge on your tiny finger!

At first I was seriously looking up smaller CBIs- trade in for smaller e-ring and a pair of earrings lol

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

Loved reading the review. It's amazing the difference between the diamonds you show - like, your watch the video from the mart and think ok, not too shabby, but then the video with the CBIs just blows them out the water. You must be delighted.

Please don't worry, you'll definitely get used to the size. I also have a 2 carat and I was initially embarrassed about the size. Now I find myself thinking 2.5 carats would be totally reasonable....

I hope you find peace with the colour of the shank, it's beautiful. Will it discolour over time? You were wanting more of a two-toned look?

I love how vibrant the halo is. Normally pink diamonds are more baby pink but these really pop!

Feel free to post more pictures!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congrats!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's absolutely stunning!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Simply beautiful and I love the hidden pinks. Congrats.

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone! So eye catching!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Its very pretty!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG it’s gorgeous and I love the Hidden halo!!!:kiss2:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a rock! You can't go wrong with a CBI. I've always felt that a classic solitaire is the ideal setting for a CBI because it allows the stone to shine and pop! :kiss2: PS -- love the hidden pink halo!! Congratulations and enjoy!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your stone and ring are gorgeous, I love the pink sapphires! Such a unique accent.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful CBI!!! The ring looks lovely on your hand. Wishing you and your DF the best!

tisfort

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

Loved reading the review. It's amazing the difference between the diamonds you show - like, your watch the video from the mart and think ok, not too shabby, but then the video with the CBIs just blows them out the water. You must be delighted.

Please don't worry, you'll definitely get used to the size. I also have a 2 carat and I was initially embarrassed about the size. Now I find myself thinking 2.5 carats would be totally reasonable....

I hope you find peace with the colour of the shank, it's beautiful. Will it discolour over time? You were wanting more of a two-toned look?

I love how vibrant the halo is. Normally pink diamonds are more baby pink but these really pop!

Feel free to post more pictures!

Thanks, Lykame! I've been stressed and second guessing my decisions since November so very happy it turned out well- better than well! And it is shocking how fast I got over the size thing :lol:

I think I wanted the WG bc it would look better against my skin. Not sure it will discolor since it's unplated? But I'm hoping it will! Actually, can I get it plated gold??

They are pink sapphires. Pink diamonds would not have been saturated enough in the itty bitty melee size.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Lykame! I've been stressed and second guessing my decisions since November so very happy it turned out well- better than well! And it is shocking how fast I got over the size thing :lol:

I think I wanted the WG bc it would look better against my skin. Not sure it will discolor since it's unplated? But I'm hoping it will! Actually, can I get it plated gold??

They are pink sapphires. Pink diamonds would not have been saturated enough in the itty bitty melee size.

He he he glad you got over the sizing thing! Doesn't take long, huh?

Maybe it's something you can talk to HPD about, the properties of the white gold they use? I also don't see why it couldn't be plated although how they avoid the head I don't know, and it involves upkeep. I personally think it looks lovely against your skin tone but you have to love it, really. Might be worth having a think about the band you want to wear with it - you could either wear a band with the same metal or you could go purposefully mismatched and get a gold band. I've seen that work really nicely.

Ah, that explains why I have never seen that colour diamond halo, ha ha. I was thinking it was extremely vibrant. To be honest I'm surprised sapphires can even manage that in that size, it's very impressive.

Congratulations again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results