shape
carat
color
clarity

Catherine Cardellini pearls for Gailey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Gailey, the pearls look fabulous on you! and you have such long elegant neck!
30.gif
My favorite is the one with the flameball centrepiece.

Is metallic sheen the way to go now with pearls? PP is offering them now, D&T just got some and now you!! I am lacking behind, now I have to go take a closer look at PP!!
3.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 1:57:44 PM
Author: cellentani
Gailey, those are just magnificent! Can you tell me more about the solid strand? What size are they, and what kind of overtones do they have? I''m just loving the metallic glow!! Oh, one other weird question, can you tell what color silk they used for knotting? And you have a gorgeous, elegant neck.
Cellentani

I will fire off an e-mail to Catherine and ask her if she can answer your questions. Alll the details of my order are on my laptop which is now in pieces on my kitchen table (life is over as I know it until it''s fixed!).

And thank you Ma''am for the compliment. I don''t think it''s as long as that normally because I am doing my best to keep my chin out of the picture.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 2:13:09 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 11/4/2009 1:39:58 PM
Author: Gailey
and another ....
they look gorgeous on you!! I love them!!! they have this metallic super glow to them and I''m just sooo in love with them!
Thanks D&T

When I started looking at pearls and reading other info sites I came across Kojima Pearl and was immediately in love with the Kasumi pearls. I loved all the texture on them, but also because they were still round. I looked at every website that was mentioned and came across Catherine''s site. Now while my pearls are not as textured as the Kasumis, they certainly have more character than most of the pearls on PP and TPO. Whole different market I guess.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 2:40:04 PM
Author: megeve
Gailey, the pearls look fabulous on you! and you have such long elegant neck!
30.gif
My favorite is the one with the flameball centrepiece.

Is metallic sheen the way to go now with pearls? PP is offering them now, D&T just got some and now you!! I am lacking behind, now I have to go take a closer look at PP!!
3.gif
You know that''s an interesting question Megeve. When I chose these pearls any metallic effect was secondary if a consideration at all. In fact, if you skip to the begining of my thread and look at Catherine''s pictures, I don''t think you immediately think "metallic". I think my pearls look more metallic under electric lights than they do in day light.

Now they certainly are very reflective and shiny when you look at them, I guess this is the metallic effect that everyone is raving about right now. It''s odd, but I didn''t give Jeremy''s exotics a second glance, peachy looking pearls just aren''t my thing. Also, looking at the 4 strands that ChunkyCushionLover posted, I like the soft glow of the top strand more than the harder reflective sheen of the other 3. Now that I know that the top strand were Freshadamas, I am even more convinced that they are the ones I want more than the akoyas. Maybe I will feel differently when I see the new akoya studs in person. Trouble is, I keep seeing more unique looking pearls so they get pushed further down the list.

Baroque pearls were always my first love. When I was 16 and working in a high end jewellers, one lady that worked alongside me, Doris - wonderful woman, always wore 2 opera length strands of baroque pearls, one white, one tahitian on Fridays and Saturdays. Just now and again she would let me try them on.

And thank you for the compliment. I guess hanging from the top of the door frame by my teeth each morning for 10 minutes is paying off!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. I think you should be wearing all three at a time. I love that look!!!
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 3:45:33 PM

Date: 11/4/2009 1:57:44 PM
Author: cellentani
Gailey, those are just magnificent! Can you tell me more about the solid strand? What size are they, and what kind of overtones do they have? I''m just loving the metallic glow!! Oh, one other weird question, can you tell what color silk they used for knotting? And you have a gorgeous, elegant neck.
Cellentani

I will fire off an e-mail to Catherine and ask her if she can answer your questions. Alll the details of my order are on my laptop which is now in pieces on my kitchen table (life is over as I know it until it''s fixed!).

And thank you Ma''am for the compliment. I don''t think it''s as long as that normally because I am doing my best to keep my chin out of the picture.
Cellentani,

Here are the details from Catherine''s web site about the solid strand:

Character Parfait Lights Freshwater Pearl Necklace (Sold)
Description: These are the most glorious round to baroque freshwater pearls. Yes, they have blemishes but the lustre and colour are so good I think the blemishes just have to be accepted as part of their charm Surfaces on these have intense metallic lustre. All shimmery and beautiful.
Superb colour and lustre! They change with the light from pale gold to rich lavender shades.
Strung on ecru silk and knotted.
This particular strand is just as it came to me. I haven''t picked out the best pearls.. not culled.
Matching bracelet in bracelets section.
Grade: A
Pearl Size: 9.4mm to 10.8mm.
Length: 17.75 inches (approx. 44.375cm) including clasp.
Clasp: Handmade rolled gold hook and eye.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ooh la la! I love them all, although I think the flameball has to be my favorite, and I really really liked when you layered just two of the necklaces together- GORGEOUS!!!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look FABULOUS on you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gailey, those pearls look absolutely fabulous and so elegant on you!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info Gailey. I spent awhile looking on her site - I hate that it''s so cumbersome (60+ pages of necklaces, but only 3 per page?!) and not organized very well, but she''s got some very lovely things. At least she''s got the "wishlist" function, otherwise, I''d never remember where anything was! I''m loving her more simple, round pearl necklaces with the metallic luster! I wonder how they''d compare to pearllunar''s metallic pearls, ''cause her prices are pretty good, I think.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Gailey, I keep coming back to look at these amazing pearls! WOW!

If you like the baroque and unusual, have you looked at the Ehret Design Gallery (aka Druzy Design) on eBay? They are very highly recommended on another pearl forum. The pearls she offers can get spendy but it is due to the fact that they are so rare.

The colors and the shapes are unlike anything you will see on the more standard seller sites and I think they would be a good fit for you.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
they all look gorgeous on you! I love the metallic luster to them!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow Gailey those are so glamorous looking! Love them!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
They are absolutely beautiful!!!

Gailey, I love how all three of them look on you so I guess you should be keeping all three!
16.gif

I feel like a nerd! I thought I commented on this already
5.gif
I just wanted to say the flameball one is my favorite- but it''s hard to pick just one. They look fabulous on you. Maybe keep all 3???
11.gif
11.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. Normally I would reply to each of you individually, but today I just don't have the heart for PS. Life threw me a tough curve ball a couple of days ago and my enthusiasm for pearls and gems has been over-shadowed.

I just didn't want to ignore everyone's kind comments.

Cellentani, I can't speak for PP's exotics but my most immediate thoughts would be that their metallics will be smoother, rounder, more uniform in colour. These pearls have bumps, divets, blemishes and are not trying to imitate perfection. It is a completely different look, but they are very lusterous and reflective in addition to showing wonderful colours. But I have a feeling if you have your heart set on Jeremy's exotics, these will not be the pearls for you.

Jmtomaui, thank you for the Druzy suggestion. I look at her site most days and have long hankered after the SOC pearls. Got my eye on a mabe pendant right now!

Hugs all

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 12:02:48 PM
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. Normally I would reply to each of you individually, but today I just don''t have the heart for PS. Life threw me a tough curve ball a couple of days ago and my enthusiasm for pearls and gems has been over-shadowed.
Gailey, I''m sorry to hear that life is rather hard right now. Please know I''m thinking special thoughts for you...

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Gailey, I hope things get better for you soon!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 6:02:08 PM
Author: glitterata
Gailey, I hope things get better for you soon!

Ditto. I hope everything gets better for you soon, Gailey!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Gailey, sorry to hear that! Am sending PS dust and love
1899431ti7ecm1sxg.gif
your way!!! Hope things pick up soon!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gailey, thanks for your input on the metallic pearls - I really appreciate it. Hope things improve for you soon *hugs!*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results