shape
carat
color
clarity

Cathedral Pave Solitaire

lepetitematin

Rough_Rock
Anyone have pictures of an e-ring that is a solitaire (bonus points for cushion cut), on a pave band (bonus points for cut down/V-cut), and that has a cathedral setting?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

lepetitematin

Rough_Rock
Thanks Haven. I did that but couldn't find specifically what I am looking for, unfortunately.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

lepetitematin

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I've been scoping out LM for awhile now, and really love the ring R4212, though I would want it to be more of a cathedral setting where the shank softly slopes up to the top of the basket (similar to his R1278). Here is a side view of R4212.

http://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=1&product_id=1386&Itemid=1

I can't decide if I want pave on the donut, the prongs, and the top piece of metal that surrounds the diamond -- might be too much for me, and I don't know if you'd even be able to notice these when looking at it most of the time (in other words, might not be worth the expense). However, from the profile view, I do kinda love diamonds at least on the top piece of the basket (not sure what this is called, but the the top, horizontal line of metal that comes closest to the top part of the diamond ). It's just hard to know since I haven't spent so much time with rings like these. If the shank does not have 3 sided pave, but only cutdown on the top side, and does not have pave on the prongs or donut beneath the culet, would it look weird to have pave on the top part of the basket?? Has anyone ever seen a ring like this?

4212lm.jpeg

lepetitematin

Rough_Rock

slg47

Ideal_Rock
someone posted about getting a custom design made like this...I can try to find it and post.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My ring is halo-ed. but it is pave, with cathedral, and an OMC center stone. Here are the CADS: cad5454541.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ritani has some solitaires exactly like you describe. I will see if I can find them for you.

lepetitematin

Rough_Rock
Thanks Dreamer D! Why are they a different beast than LM? I've heard a ton about LM, but don't know the deets on Ritani.

lepetitematin

Rough_Rock
slg47, i would love it if you could send along that custom design. thanks!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results