shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl I remember you were so kind to suggest the HW candies design. This is what she drew, based on your suggestion. It is sweet and nice, too. I chose the one I shared above because it is more whimsical and dynamic (just like me :lol:) C310474C-57EB-4CFB-BE36-A7113F678CDA.jpeg

I love both!!!!!

Hehe maybe you need to get another stone in another colour and execute the other design too =P

Yours is definitely more whimsical and more unique! Actually the other design is unique too, I really love the two diamonds (?) separating each CS but the one you went with is has that something special!!!!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @mellowyellowgirl! Yes, two little diamonds between each spinel. This designer understands me well.
@icy_jade, I am back from Jewluxe where I had a fab time! I met one of my fav jewellers Alexander Laut. He was very kind and asked his team to let me try on anything I fancied. He shared with me about his experience and work, and showed me his special loupe. Here are some pics from Alexander Laut.

CDF88411-9DC3-4060-83DC-47F69F49BF8C.jpeg DABBDC11-3357-4492-A2D7-61A7F711FA8A.jpeg 908E1F30-9DC1-4E6F-BEBD-0E6A98806AA2.jpeg G 908E1F30-9DC1-4E6F-BEBD-0E6A98806AA2.jpeg FC0855D2-E3AD-4CDF-9055-F16F1E1E042A.jpeg EE1813A3-4644-4869-87A3-EE89331495F8.jpeg 611AA1D5-8B39-479B-BECE-829D5BF881C3.jpeg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! That's gorgeous!! Like seriously my jaw hit the floor gorgeous!!! You may have said earlier, but what size are your stones?

It's a 6.87 ct sapphire and the side oecs are 1.14 and 1.17! On finger size 4.5... I was worried there wouldn't be enough space lol

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
It's a 6.87 ct sapphire and the side oecs are 1.14 and 1.17! On finger size 4.5... I was worried there wouldn't be enough space lol

Super cool! Please share some more pics when you get your ring. I love sapphires, really would love to do a solitaire bezel or three stone some day. Yours will go in my inspiration folder for sure!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super cool! Please share some more pics when you get your ring. I love sapphires, really would love to do a solitaire bezel or three stone some day. Yours will go in my inspiration folder for sure!!

I also love sapphires... I have 4? Blue sapphire rings? My engagement ring, this ring, one random ring I bought on a whim because I'd always loved the sapphire on PS and it came up for sale, and one light blue sapphire ring. Oh my god and also a Montana sapphire, can't forget that one. And two sapphire bands, one light and one dark. I MEANT to set this sapphire in a yellow gold bezel but then what happened was I got it and set it next to the diamonds and am a sucker for 3-stones so a 3-stone happened.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Haven’t gone yet. i shall go today!
Meantime, here is the design I have chosen for my cuprian pink tourmaline and accompanying spinels and sapphires. It reminds me of Rutherfordo’s atomic model.:read:o_O
1DC3C1E1-DF3E-40A8-8A04-8A9ED936FA06.jpeg

1666558583902.png
@Crimson ,

Lovely! Just a thought. If you don't like a lot of metal, something like the diamonds linking your jadeite pieces in your very beautiful jadeite ring above. Just diamond the everything out of it. :kiss2:

Faint. Very very very lovely regardless of your choice.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
1666558583902.png
@Crimson ,

Lovely! Just a thought. If you don't like a lot of metal, something like the diamonds linking your jadeite pieces in your very beautiful jadeite ring above. Just diamond the everything out of it. :kiss2:

Faint. Very very very lovely regardless of your choice.

Such a fab idea, @ChaiK. I shall discuss with the designer again. I might keep the metal because I want the allusion to Rutherford’s atomic model, I love science. Thank you for mentioning the metal, because I haven’t thought about whether it should be rose, white or yellow, or all three, or even something different like black rhodium (although I think it wouldn’t work here).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but I am in the process of inquiring about an Alexander Laut ring thar they don’t have at the exhibition. It is in the US, and I want it! :kiss2:

Omg keep us updated!!!! How exciting!

Dead broke here! So just going around and egging people on!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock

Haha, egg on. My friends are often more enthusiastic than I.
@Avondale has made an accurate diagnosis, I believe your tree will look smashing.:appl:
, me too. Absolutely no more until next year April at the earliest. Weep.
But I have things on the way.......
Ah , such consolation! Next year is just two months away, and there’s always room for Christmas presents from others. :twirl:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Autumn in New England any chance you have a pic of the danburite?

I don't think I've ever even heard of it!

The yellow diamond ring is my "yellow" for now! The whole sunflower design makes it not snot like.

Ideally I'd like a blue zircon but the whole "is the color stable" thing makes me balk. Then you don't know if it's nuked or not and if the color is stable does it mean it's been nuked??? Love the color though. But you know, cost of stone plus setting costs (setting costs are the death of me and I get mine for decent prices imo) makes it all seem too hard!

@Autumn in New England any chance you have a pic of the danburite?

I don't think I've ever even heard of it!

The yellow diamond ring is my "yellow" for now! The whole sunflower design makes it not snot like.

Ideally I'd like a blue zircon but the whole "is the color stable" thing makes me balk. Then you don't know if it's nuked or not and if the color is stable does it mean it's been nuked??? Love the color though. But you know, cost of stone plus setting costs (setting costs are the death of me and I get mine for decent prices imo) makes it all seem too hard!

I actually have your yellow diamond ring saved in my inspo folder (and I don't add many). lol Anyway, yes, see below! Way more saturated than your average (certainly some are beautiful) untreated yellow sapphire. I think you'd be very pleased all around... just something to think about when you fancy another yellow!

JTV-DAV014-1-zoom.jpg

@Autumn in New England what's the deal with JTV?

I'm enjoying a good ol browse and can't quite work them out! Are they the TV jewelry people where you ring up and get deals or is that something else???

It's sort of a hybrid... they do have a TV station (ick, I know). And they certainly sell a lot of commercial quality jewelry pieces. But then they also offer a "vault" of fine loose gems and a concierge service (which I've used and loved). :)

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It's sort of a hybrid... they do have a TV station (ick, I know). And they certainly sell a lot of commercial quality jewelry pieces. But then they also offer a "vault" of fine loose gems and a concierge service (which I've used and loved). :)

good to know about JTV! I bought a Presidium tester from there because it was the lowest price and coupon codes/cashback clicks and all that. Then after that I received a coupon code for $20 store credit so I found a simple pair of akoya studs that hopefully I won't lose. I'll have to peruse through their loose stones sometime.

good to know about JTV! I bought a Presidium tester from there because it was the lowest price and coupon codes/cashback clicks and all that. Then after that I received a coupon code for $20 store credit so I found a simple pair of akoya studs that hopefully I won't lose. I'll have to peruse through their loose stones sometime.

They have a huge catalogue of gems in all varieties, shapes, sizes, colors, and price points! They'll often run deep discount specials as well. Have fun browsing!

Do they discount on the "better" stuff as well?

I'm fascinated as they have not come up over the years I've been on this forum!

Oh yes... I bought a spinel through the JTV concierge service that was once part of the "Somewhere in the Rainbow" private collection, which I later learned is apparently quite prestigious. JTV's original asking price a couple of years back was just over $20k. They had a holiday special, which took everything down 20% ($16k). I then had a 10% coupon they'd emailed me, which my sales rep allowed me to use... no tax (because they put the sale through their TN store) and free shipping. So I ended up paying $14,400. I remember my sales rep telling me that their senior gem buyer was none to happy about that (asking who approved the discount), and I got the feeling it wasn't just hyperbole. The moral of the story is, sometimes there are deals to be had with big box stores too. BTW, Alice Rotar is the woman who helped me... so very lovely. When she goes to major gem shows, she sometimes hunts specific stones for me (if I have the cash!). Sometimes she can offer me great deals, and sometimes their mark up is too high (and I can find a better price elsewhere). But it's nice to have options! I have Alice's info if you're ever interested.

One of the reasons I think they are not too popular with collectors is because we tend to shy away from these types of retailers. PSers are sleuths and avoid paying full retail whenever possible (rightly so). We like our boutique vendors! I also don't think folks realize they offer high-end gems, as opposed to just the abundance of commercial grade gems they also sell.

Thanks for the explanation @Autumn in New England!

Always good to have options is my motto!

Now I want to see your spinel! What color is it?

Are you sitting on a trove of stones?????

No, no... a modest collection by PS standards. :D I don't have a lot of gems, but what I do have, I try to buy the best I can.

Sure, it's a 3.45ct. Mahenge. The pink is as vivid in person, which really impressed me. That's one thing about JTV... their gems are often better than their photos portray (in my experience).

JTV-XTP1695-1-zoom.jpg

JTV-XTP1695-2-zoom.jpg

JTV-XTP1695-3-zoom.jpg

JTV-XTP1695-4-medium.jpg

M

maru8888777

No, no... a modest collection by PS standards. :D I don't have a lot of gems, but what I do have, I try to buy the best I can.

Sure, it's a 3.45ct. Mahenge. The pink is as vivid in person, which really impressed me. That's one thing about JTV... their gems are often better than their photos portray (in my experience).

JTV-XTP1695-1-zoom.jpg

JTV-XTP1695-2-zoom.jpg

JTV-XTP1695-3-zoom.jpg

JTV-XTP1695-4-medium.jpg

wow! how will you set it?

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock

So complicated. The ring I want is at a US retailer and they have to recall it and then sell it to me. I could get my sister (who lives in the US) to buy it but in the meantime … I went back to Jeweluxe after work, and tried on more stuff! 6B1ADCB2-638A-4CEB-9295-D9644794857F.jpeg C95903C4-E056-4C8B-BD8F-5DDE3CF11179.jpeg

So complicated. The ring I want is at a US retailer and they have to recall it and then sell it to me. I could get my sister (who lives in the US) to buy it but in the meantime … I went back to Jeweluxe after work, and tried on more stuff! 6B1ADCB2-638A-4CEB-9295-D9644794857F.jpeg C95903C4-E056-4C8B-BD8F-5DDE3CF11179.jpeg

Thank you for sharing all of this eye candy with us... wish I were there browsing with you! :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results