shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Arc, my plan is to fashion prongs using micro hammers to raise them up from the extra mass at one side of the band. Thats why there is so much extra material in both width and depth in the band at the top.

maylayaAg.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VapidLapid|1301793424|2886322 said:
Arc, my plan is to fashion prongs using micro hammers to raise them up from the extra mass at one side of the band. Thats why there is so much extra material in both width and depth in the band at the top.

Oooo Nice! :appl: I can't wait to see how that turns out! I love it when you detail the process you use when you make settings.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BTW, received news about my spess ring :bigsmile:

-A

spessring.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Arcadian ~

Okay, that is just a complete tease!!! :lol: Thank you for sharing though. I am not only eager to see your ring completed but also looking forward to what you think of working with mastergoldcraft.

~ faegrace

PS
I love your chart in the other thread! Fantastic idea.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

faegrace|1301798794|2886372 said:
Arcadian ~

Okay, that is just a complete tease!!! :lol: Thank you for sharing though. I am not only eager to see your ring completed but also looking forward to what you think of working with mastergoldcraft.

~ faegrace

PS
I love your chart in the other thread! Fantastic idea.

Thanks :bigsmile: I decided to go quite simple on this setting so the stone could be the star. He's quite busy but really lovely to work with, so I can't wait to see it up close! :appl:

That form has gotten me out of love with plenty of stones...lol.

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My goodies from Sally came today and OMG ::swoooon:: I love love love my star sapphire in it's new home. I'm pretty busy today though, so probably no pics till tomorrow.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

MTG ~

How can you post that and NOT show us a little something?!? :cheeky: Or are you afraid we'll be greedy and just ask for more pics? LOL

Cannot wait to see your new treasures....

~ faegrace

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

teehee...

1.05 purple sapphire.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Umm, Forte? Anything you want to tell us?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

it's being shipped out tomorrow. 1.0..1.05? purple sapphire. unheated. from Gene!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ForteKitty|1302067676|2889002 said:
it's being shipped out tomorrow. 1.0..1.05? purple sapphire. unheated. from Gene!

He doesn't know for sure it was unheated, he was just told that it was unheated (see his listing description). You may want to send it off for verification if you want to determine if it was treated or not.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Nah, it's okay. i wanted a purple stone in that exact shade for a particular project, and I dont mind heat. To determine if there was irradiation would bring the report up to over $100, right?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ForteKitty|1302103030|2889196 said:
Nah, it's okay. i wanted a purple stone in that exact shade for a particular project, and I dont mind heat. To determine if there was irradiation would bring the report up to over $100, right?

Sapphires are not irradiated (to my knowledge), but some, not all, heated sapphires are also diffused with color, and that's the one treatment that is more expensive to detect. Not all gem labs have the equipment to detect it either, so I think it's much more economical (in the long run) to stick with unheated sapphires, because at least you know what you're getting.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I got my ring in.

I'm pretty darn happy with it.

I'm a bit pissed about my camera. I'm going to recalibrate it so that it stops taking freaking brown pictures :angryfire:

The setting is basic but he did a great job on it. diamonds are 1.8mm VS F/G very bright and sparkles a lot. The setting has some heft to it. He did a good job on the prongs. Not as pointy as I would have wanted but they'll do, they're not super bulky either. They also look even. They don't in the picture for whatever reason though.

-A

P1040956.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's very pretty Arcadian. PS makes spesssartites look brown when they upload too, makes me :angryfire:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL|1302123847|2889520 said:
That's very pretty Arcadian. PS makes spesssartites look brown when they upload too, makes me :angryfire:

it is unfortunately browner looking on PS... bad enough I'm fighting with my camera!

I would absolutely work with mastergoldcraft again. He's not into hand holding the client though, So I think for some folks he's not the person to work with. His communication style will not suit everyone. So for those that are pretty easy going and hands off, they'd work fine with him. I will say that any time I had a question he answered pretty quickly. He was very honest about what he could and couldn't do.

The prices I thought were quite good. The setting construction is what I would consider a step above LOGR but price-wise, about the same. I'm going to recalibrate my camera and take some pics later today.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1302124819|2889543 said:
TL|1302123847|2889520 said:

it is unfortunately browner looking on PS... bad enough I'm fighting with my camera!

I would absolutely work with mastergoldcraft again. He's not into hand holding the client though, So I think for some folks he's not the person to work with. His communication style will not suit everyone. So for those that are pretty easy going and hands off, they'd work fine with him. I will say that any time I had a question he answered pretty quickly. He was very honest about what he could and couldn't do.

The prices I thought were quite good. The setting construction is what I would consider a step above LOGR but price-wise, about the same. I'm going to recalibrate my camera and take some pics later today.

-A

I never heard of mastergoldcraft. Does he have a website with examples of his work? Sounds like he has excellent pricing.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

TL ~

Mastergoldcraft is on Etsy. :)

~ faegrace

Arcadian ~

Thank you for sharing your new treasure! (I cannot photo my spess either. Grrr.) The ring looks lovely and I am glad you had a good experience with mastergoldcraft. :appl: I saved a phenomenal colored gemstone grading explanation from him via an Etsy convo almost a year ago. I was even greener then. LOL He was helpful and not patronizing at all.

Enjoy your spess now that it has a shiny new home!

~ faegrace

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

thanks faegrace.

Hes about as non patronizing as a person could get...lol. I left him feedback on my thoughts of the setting. I think mainly, its something a pricescoper would be able to appreciate...lol.

The setting is 18K and he does up to 22K which I like. I'm going to go that route one day for some earrings :bigsmile: There's a stone I may well have him do in green gold in the future too.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's awesome, thanks for the link!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I tried to buy the purple spinel supernova from Barry...but someone got there first.

But I did get this beauty! I'm glad that it's not a round, it'll break up my slew of rounds lately!

bgtourm.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nice buy MTG. as soon as I saw it I knew it got snagged...lol

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a photo of the rough that Barry cut my tourm from.

6A FB.jpg

bgtourm.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

These earrings from Sally at HeartofWater are on their way. They have a few spinels from Tan, a moonstone and an emerald from Sally. The pears were windowed enough for a cruiser to sail through, but Sally said they look good now with the bezel. :bigsmile:

The ring is also heading my way at this moment. I'm so excited, it has been a while since I was able to concentrate on projects. This one is inspired by Crasru's great ring. It has a 0.98 carat 7x5mm Morogoro pink spinel from Gemrite, that used to be in a bracelet and two old mine cut diamonds about 3mm. I wanted to see more of the stone than I did while it was in the bracelet, so I sent it for a reset. It has the most delicious orange fire sometimes, so I can't wait to wear it. :naughty:

Edited to change the order of the pics.

spinelringjanish11.jpg

danlyearringssally.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You have exquisite taste MariedTiger.. I love them both!! :love:

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1302273739|2891042 said:
You have exquisite taste MariedTiger.. I love them both!! :love:

-A

I agree, and MT, I miss you around here!! Start a new thread on these, and we need more pics!! :naughty:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oo MT that spinel ring is a stunner!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Those earrings are delish MT and I :love: your spinel ring!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks guys, I promise I will start a thread on these as soon as they get here, with lots of photos! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results