clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

FrekeChild|1290999042|2781418 said:
Novel|1290998776|2781411 said:
FrekeChild|1290998228|2781400 said:
Yes it did. Although it hasn't hit the mail just yet...

I wish we could list you as a trusted seller in the sticky :D
I'd need a website for that and a lot more suppliers!

Sigh. Technicalities.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Novel|1290999579|2781427 said:
FrekeChild|1290999042|2781418 said:
Novel|1290998776|2781411 said:
FrekeChild|1290998228|2781400 said:
Yes it did. Although it hasn't hit the mail just yet...

I wish we could list you as a trusted seller in the sticky :D
I'd need a website for that and a lot more suppliers!

Sigh. Technicalities.
Lol. Well, if the ol' husband ever gets around to buying that lapidary machine, I'll make him create a website and hopefully get him on that list.

Someday...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks Novel and Minous! Minous, the setting I found at Knox jewelry's website. I can't recall the name of the setting..camille or..something. I think it was in the new or modern section. I found it on there last month and now can't remember exactly where..I can look tho if you want. I like it b/c it's similar to the Sholdt semi bezel I like so much.

Novel, wouldn't that be cool?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Amen to that! I think I've bought 4 stones from Freke, and they're all very nice!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

packrat|1291001773|2781467 said:
Thanks Novel and Minous! Minous, the setting I found at Knox jewelry's website. I can't recall the name of the setting..camille or..something. I think it was in the new or modern section. I found it on there last month and now can't remember exactly where..I can look tho if you want. I like it b/c it's similar to the Sholdt semi bezel I like so much.

Novel, wouldn't that be cool?

It would be great! Tony the Tiger great, even. Can't wait!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I wish they would have a marketplace on PS where you could sell your stones etc. It seems they use to and don't anymore because they don't want members contacting each other off forum. :nono:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I won the .96 Finewater Mahenge spinel!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

herekittykitty|1291084894|2782318 said:
I won the .96 Finewater Mahenge spinel!

Congrats! I love that hot pink color. :))

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

I need to get this off my chest and am way too embarrassed to post it in Kenny's thread: I actually dreamed about his diamonds like night. It only occurred to me now as I revisited the thread that it was a dream. In the dream, some thief was after them and I had to help Kenny protect them.

Um... maybe I need a break from PS. Woah. But don't worry, we saved the diamonds!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Novel|1291221717|2784136 said:
I need to get this off my chest and am way too embarrassed to post it in Kenny's thread: I actually dreamed about his diamonds like night. It only occurred to me now as I revisited the thread that it was a dream. In the dream, some thief was after them and I had to help Kenny protect them.

Um... maybe I need a break from PS. Woah. But don't worry, we saved the diamonds!

Novel I had a similar dream!!!!!! Except I was the thief! :bigsmile:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I dreamed I was one of the diamonds!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

Sarahbear621|1291250430|2784636 said:

Novel I had a similar dream!!!!!! Except I was the thief! :bigsmile:

VapidLapid|1291251494|2784655 said:
I dreamed I was one of the diamonds!

I'm so glad it wasn't just me! Collective colored diamond insanity!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Updated Project list:
Complete:
1- JKT Amethyst Set (earrings and pendant)- complete
4- Bezel set my Peter T asscher 1.5 ct sunstone is pink gold (local jeweler)- Complete!
5- rose gold and diamond Marrakech Ring by Suzanne Somersall - Complete!
6- Pink Tourmaline Briolette Earrings with white gold clover Complete!
8- DBTY bracelet with .40ctw (4 diamonds total)- Complete and in the mail from BGD
2- 1.205 ct Neon Green Tourmaline in JKT Katie Ring- With JKT
3- 4.2 ct pink sapphire (heated) set into JKT pink gold, diamond, and silver ring - With JKT
12- Sent 3 stones to Daniel M to set into stud earrings. A pair of yellow quartz 9mm cushions to be bezeled in yellow gold (present for MIL) and a platinum blue spinel cut by Dana to be set in a basket white gold stud

Pick up on Thursday:
9-Set Dan Stair pink tourmaline in LOGR double halo setting rose gold- at jeweler should pick up 12/6
10- Set Gene's rhodolite garnet cushion 6.6x 6.6 into two tone YG/WG legacy setting- at jeweler should pick up 12/6
11-Set BB's malaya garnet RB 6.0mm into halo setting-at local jeweler should pick up 12/6.

Waiting on:
7- Matching rose gold Marrakech necklace by Suzanne Somersall- Should receive the first week of December
14-Blue Topaz 72.17ct from Dana will be sent to Sally at HOW for a multi strand pearl bracelet- In the mail on the way to Sally

So glad most of my projects are pretty much over. I told my DH I would take a break for awhile but I already contacting BB about a tourmaline and I am itching to email Gene about a new asscher. Oh this is killing me!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow Sarabear, you're quite a busy lady!!

I hated every single trillion setting I saw, so I commisioned lanbo to do a version of one of his curved split shank micro pave settings with two tone gold for my trillion. This setting was originally made for a 5x7 pear, but he did it for a trillion. Here it is. I guess he decided to list this style now. I don't blame him. I love it. I'm still waiting to receive it. Will post more pics when I get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trillion-7-5mm-...th_Accents&hash=item2a0c6a1570#ht_2328wt_1139

There are no photos of the underside in his listing, so here is one he sent me. This will be for my pinkish red trillion Mahenge. Can't wait to get it!!

TLtrillionsetting.JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Hot Dangggggg TL! That is gorgeous! i love the underside and how the diamonds thread through...can't wait to see the finished product!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Sarahbear,
Here's a photo of the stone going into that setting. 1.77 carats.

TLmahengetrillionred.JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock

TL- I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else on PS but somtimes I see something on PS and literally my mouth drops open and i have this urge to sing in my opera voice the most crazy songs!!! Yup it just happend- i saw your setting and then the stone and all the suddent....THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SONG OF MUSIC...(where is my opera smiley icon?!) Ok seriously you are so lucky i'm at work right now...or perhaps my co-workers are...regardless ekkkkkk that is going to be such an amazing ring!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahbear621|1291685924|2789411 said:
TL- I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else on PS but somtimes I see something on PS and literally my mouth drops open and i have this urge to sing in my opera voice the most crazy songs!!! Yup it just happend- i saw your setting and then the stone and all the suddent....THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SONG OF MUSIC...(where is my opera smiley icon?!) Ok seriously you are so lucky i'm at work right now...or perhaps my co-workers are...regardless ekkkkkk that is going to be such an amazing ring!

Thanks Sarahbear. You made me chuckle!! You haven't seen anything yet. My husband just decided to set all my fancy colored diamonds for me, all at once (around 8 carats worth). :naughty:

My photos stink next to Kenny's (well, most photographer's photos stink next to Kenny's), but here they are in their full glory. It's going to be a thick band chock full of diamonds. I'm planning on doing rose gold for the ring. It will make the pinks, greens, and yellows stand out more I think. The largest one is the second from the left, and is around 1 carat, just to give you a size of these stones.

TLcoloreddiamondcollection.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I ordered a couple of inexpensive 3-strand sterling clasps for my "Diana" bracelet. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-version-of-the-princess-diana-bracelet.151511/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-version-of-the-princess-diana-bracelet.151511/[/URL]

The vendor is A Grain of Sand, and they have a lot of sterling clasps to pick from. http://www.agrainofsand.com/

I took them by the jeweler's today, and looked at them with the aquamarine that I had dropped off earlier. The all-metal clasp looked far better with the aquamarine, so I left it and the jeweler can now begin to work on a setting for the aqua. He immediately suggested milgrain to coordinate with the clasp. Three strands of white pearls will then be added to make a bracelet.

TwoSterlingClasps_1457.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1291686172|2789414 said:
Sarahbear621|1291685924|2789411 said:

Thanks Sarahbear. You made me chuckle!! You haven't seen anything yet. My husband just decided to set all my fancy colored diamonds for me, all at once (around 8 carats worth). :naughty:

My photos stink next to Kenny's (well, most photographer's photos stink next to Kenny's), but here they are in their full glory. It's going to be a thick band chock full of diamonds. I'm planning on doing rose gold for the ring. It will make the pinks, greens, and yellows stand out more I think. The largest one is the second from the left, and is around 1 carat, just to give you a size of these stones.

DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA!!! THE TRUTH IS I NEVER LEFT YOU....O-M-G! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :o How can you hold out on us like that!!! Let me get this straight. You are going to set all of those diamonds in 1 (one) rose gold ring- a whole 8 cts worth? I literally think my heart just stopped..

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl|1291686584|2789422 said:
I ordered a couple of inexpensive 3-strand sterling clasps for my "Diana" bracelet. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-version-of-the-princess-diana-bracelet.151511/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-version-of-the-princess-diana-bracelet.151511/[/URL]

The vendor is A Grain of Sand, and they have a lot of sterling clasps to pick from. http://www.agrainofsand.com/

I took them by the jeweler's today, and looked at them with the aquamarine that I had dropped off earlier. The all-metal clasp looked far better with the aquamarine, so I left it and the jeweler can now begin to work on a setting for the aqua. He immediately suggested milgrain to coordinate with the clasp. Three strands of white pearls will then be added to make a bracelet.

Oh FlyGirl I was just wondering how your bracelet would turn out the other day- I just shipped my clasp (attached below) and pearls off to Sally over the weekend. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Attachments

• clasp.bmp
    223.8 KB · Views: 324

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You're not the only one that dreams about PS. I dreamt I ordered a Burma ruby from a vendor that posts on PS, and when I got it in the mail, it was a lima bean. I ate too many lima beans for supper that night I guess. :sick: If I was going to dream about Kenny's diamonds, I would be alone with them. :naughty:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Just got these today from Berry. They really are a nice robin egg blue. I know I want to set the pear into a simple pendant with a black silk cord. I am not sure what to do with the other two stones. Of course earrings, but what kind?

BBturquoise.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourmaline_lover|1291684876|2789390 said:

I hated every single trillion setting I saw, so I commisioned lanbo to do a version of one of his curved split shank micro pave settings with two tone gold for my trillion. This setting was originally made for a 5x7 pear, but he did it for a trillion. Here it is. I guess he decided to list this style now. I don't blame him. I love it. I'm still waiting to receive it. Will post more pics when I get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trillion-7-5mm-...th_Accents&hash=item2a0c6a1570#ht_2328wt_1139

There are no photos of the underside in his listing, so here is one he sent me. This will be for my pinkish red trillion Mahenge. Can't wait to get it!!

TL, this is a BEAUTIFUL setting! It's the first trillion setting that I genuinely love.

I clicked on the link and it said leejewelry... is this the same as lanbo.4?

Is this the first setting that you've commissioned (or had customized) them to do?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse|1291692915|2789547 said:

TL, this is a BEAUTIFUL setting! It's the first trillion setting that I genuinely love.

Is this the first setting that you've commissioned (or had customized) them to do?

Thanks Babynurse, such a great compliment, and yes, leejewelry is one of lanbo's stores. It's the third setting I own from them.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

LtlFirecracker|1291691626|2789518 said:
Just got these today from Berry. They really are a nice robin egg blue. I know I want to set the pear into a simple pendant with a black silk cord. I am not sure what to do with the other two stones. Of course earrings, but what kind?

LTF- So you are the person who scored that set! I wanted them but they were already sold. I was going to have Daniel M make them into a version of these Tiffany earrings.

Tiffany.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourmaline_lover|1291694082|2789563 said:

Thanks Babynurse, such a great compliment, and yes, leejewelry is one of lanbo's stores. It's the third setting I own from them.

Sorry to beat a dead horse... so you've customized settings with lanbo.4 and they got it right?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse|1291696900|2789602 said:
tourmaline_lover|1291694082|2789563 said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse... so you've customized settings with lanbo.4 and they got it right?

The first one was a two tone halo, with a rose gold head and white gold body, they got it right, and sized it too.

The second was a rose gold ring that I just had sized, and they got the sizing right.

This trillion was customized, and it appears they got it right, but we'll see when I get it.

I guess two out of the three were more heavily customized, if you don't consider sizing a customization. ????

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL,that's good. I wondered if maybe before this trillion setting you had previously just bought semi-mounts that lanbo.4 had and then just had them sized to your finger size, or whether you had them customized for a different sized stone, different metal etc. It seems that in the past, the customization part of their service wasn't so great.

I bought from Prettyjewelry2u and had a great experience, and I recently ordered a customized setting from LOGR. He said it would be 2 weeks for the LOGR one so I'm hoping it works out. It would be nice to be able to buy from lanbo.4, as well.

Your trillion spinel is gorgeous and will be a dream in that setting :love: !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results