Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 10:08:55 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 6/26/2010 9:56:56 AM

Author: baby nurse

klewis, I''m so excited to hear this! I''ve been to his site many times and it will be so nice to look at his stones and actually know what they cost!

Do you have to work with someone like Wink in order to purchase one of his stones?

From my prior conversation with John, you can also order his stones through Richard Wise.

I feel silly asking this, no disrespect intended toward any of the jewelers/gemologists-- would the price posted on John''s website remain the same or does the jeweler selling the stone that you''re interested in make a profit?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the markup will vary per the middle person. When I asked for the price of a particular gemstone, John gave me an approximate price, leading me to think that he "sells" to the jeweller at a certain price and it is up to the jeweller to charge the final price within a certain range. This seems to follow the selling practise of places like Pala.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful spinel BN! Looking forward to seeing more! And of the new lavender one as well-I soo love the purples and lavenders!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 12:09:56 AM
Date: 6/26/2010 12:01:12 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I already did.
3.gif

I currently don''t really have the budget for something like that, but coming up on next month, I might just have it.

I don''t have the budget because I have something colored and fabulous heading my way...
31.gif

Oh! What is it? Are you having your mahenge spinel set in its pendant?
Nope. That one has to wait a little bit. Right now it''s another ering and something else I''m super excited about...

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 10:31:53 AM
I think the markup will vary per the middle person. When I asked for the price of a particular gemstone, John gave me an approximate price, leading me to think that he ''sells'' to the jeweller at a certain price and it is up to the jeweller to charge the final price within a certain range. This seems to follow the selling practise of places like Pala.
Although with the retail prices listed I would think it would tend to standardize prices.

I see Richard Wise is having a sale with 25% off all loose stones! There are a couple of stones on his site I have been eyeing for ages, and this is not a good time for me to be buying more stone. Bad timing!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 6:11:49 PM
Author: klewis

I think the markup will vary per the middle person. When I asked for the price of a particular gemstone, John gave me an approximate price, leading me to think that he ''sells'' to the jeweller at a certain price and it is up to the jeweller to charge the final price within a certain range. This seems to follow the selling practise of places like Pala.
Although with the retail prices listed I would think it would tend to standardize prices.

I see Richard Wise is having a sale with 25% off all loose stones! There are a couple of stones on his site I have been eyeing for ages, and this is not a good time for me to be buying more stone. Bad timing!
I wish jewelers followed practices of stores like Nordstrom or Nieman Marcus that have big sales twice a year + presales! Then we''ll know how to spend our money wisely in anticipation of big sales.
36.gif

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh! It''s a bad time for me to buy more stones also, lol! Now that I''ve said that, I took a look at his site and didn''t see anything about a 25% off sale. Where did you see that, klewis?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 7:05:30 PM

Ugh! It''s a bad time for me to buy more stones also, lol! Now that I''ve said that, I took a look at his site and didn''t see anything about a 25% off sale. Where did you see that, klewis?
I received an email/newsletter which I should have read more thoroughly - It starts this Tuesday until August 1st. It''s Sunday 11.15am here so that must mean get first pick?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 6:49:32 PM
Author: crasru

I wish jewelers followed practices of stores like Nordstrom or Nieman Marcus that have big sales twice a year + presales! Then we''ll know how to spend our money wisely in anticipation of big sales.
36.gif

Good idea but what a lolly-scramble that would be!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 12:53:21 PM
Author: packrat
Beautiful spinel BN! Looking forward to seeing more! And of the new lavender one as well-I soo love the purples and lavenders!

Thank you, packrat! I love lavenders and purples, too. I''ll post more pictures of this stone tomorrow and definitely some of the new lavender once I get it
1.gif

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 7:17:06 PM
Date: 6/26/2010 7:05:30 PM

I received an email/newsletter which I should have read more thoroughly - It starts this Tuesday until August 1st. It''s Sunday 11.15am here so that must mean get first pick?
Ha! Ha! Lucky you
2.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
JKT finished my mahenge and demantoid ring
36.gif

il_430xN_154197791.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, Brandy. I love the combination of mahenge and demantoid-- those colors look lovely together. The piece has such graceful, fluid lines. I''m looking forward to seeing hand pics!

What size in mm are the spinel and demantoids?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yup, lovely, lovely. Mahenge must have been made just to be paired with dementoid. The effect is elegant and lively. Oh yeah, and hand pics!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 11:47:10 PM
Beautiful ring, Brandy. I love the combination of mahenge and demantoid-- those colors look lovely together. The piece has such graceful, fluid lines. I''m looking forward to seeing hand pics!

What size in mm are the spinel and demantoids?
Thank you bn! I know this ring isn''t eveyone''s cup of tea but I''m thrilled with it. I should be getting the ring sent to me early next week and I''ll be sure to post more pics then.

The mahenge is 5.10x6.00mm and the demantoids are 3.5mm.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 11:51:52 PM
Author: VapidLapid
Yup, lovely, lovely. Mahenge must have been made just to be paired with dementoid. The effect is elegant and lively. Oh yeah, and hand pics!
Thanks VL! I promise hand pics late next week.
9.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love this ring. It's beautiful and I adore bezels.

ETA: Oops, I meant I love Brandy's ring.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring brandy!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green and pink, which I love together, and a very pretty and unique design!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

The two stones I''d had my eye on for some time are both gone.

Am I missing something? I can''t seem to find a lot of their inventory. There was a freeform cabachon emerald that I remember distinctly, along with quite a few other emeralds and rubies. Many of his sold gems still appear, so I imagine if they were sold somewhat recently I''d still be able to see them.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love that ring Brandy!

I''m getting CADs today!!!!!!!!!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
this one Indy?:

http://www.rwwise.com/products/id|1549

still there for me, but sold.

and I see that amethyst I was eyeing there is gone now too
8.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/27/2010 11:00:19 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Green and pink, which I love together, and a very pretty and unique design!!

Me too! Lovely combo:)

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I just received this from Sally at Heart of Water. It''s my blue green tourmaline from Gene. The photos I have taken so far haven''t turned out well. I love the ring.

sallyring.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
VERY nice ring BrandyZ! The pink/red and vibrant green go so well with eachother. I also like the two toned aspect of the design, how many demantoids in total? Looking forward to handshots :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 1:01:56 PM
Author: Cind11
I just received this from Sally at Heart of Water. It''s my blue green tourmaline from Gene. The photos I have taken so far haven''t turned out well. I love the ring.
Cindy,
That''s absolutely lovely. Looking forward to you starting a thread on it, please!!??
17.gif

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of your tourmaline, Cind11
30.gif
And the ring design is very pretty. I hope you post some hand shots when you receive it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brandi, thats a beautiful ring!!
30.gif
I really love the overall design.

Cind, wow!! love it!!
36.gif
36.gif
Sally is on my list!

I received one of the spinels...

Color is terrible, looks nothing like the picture
and oh the cert is unverifiable. Address is not traceable, no email, no telephone number and you can''t find them on the web. Asking the seller for any additonal info on the lab has been met with nil.

And the seller ain''t to happy with their neutral (I told them be glad it wasn''t a straight out neg)

3 more yet to come in, we shall see what they look like. I''ll post a picture of this one in a few.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 12:14:23 AM
Here''s another pic of my purple spinel.
Very nice dispersion on that spinel.
1.gif

Arcadian,
Sorry about your spinel.
8.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results