carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 6:40:00 AM
Author: virgoruby
I''ve just had my tsavorite (1.3ct, 6.8mm) ) custom set in 18k unplated white gold.
I''ll post more pics when/if PS2.0 is up and running.
2.gif
wow, I''m so jealous of everyone''s tsavs! and virgo, 6.8mm is a decent size!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2010 7:16:36 AM
Author: virgoruby
TL, I love the colour of your tsavorite too!
36.gif

Will you be getting an AIGS/ any other lab memo? if so, will there be a long wait until you get the stone & post pics..? (sigh..)
Thank you Vigor!
I think AIGS is probably fine for garnets, spinels, and other commonly untreated gems. I would hope they can check for synthetics properly. I will post photos as soon as I get the stone whether PS2.0 is up or not. I Just might post a couple of shots here, or in the eye candy thread though. I'm hoping it will be as minty as it is in the photo. To me, it's more of a merelani mint garnet color, than a traditional chrome colored tsavorite.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Much brighter and cheerfuler a color than my dark brooding tsav. I can hardly wait to see it IVRL!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I got tired of waiting for PS2

I figure I''ll just repost a few photos of new shinies in the Eye Candy thread when it goes up.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 9:19:34 AM
Author: cellentani
Date: 6/1/2010 2:37:21 AM

Author: redfaerythinker

I''m waiting until 2.0 (if it ever happens) to post a proper thread on this ring. But I thought I would share a truly awful quality teaser.
11.gif
rft - is that your yummy 8mm asscher peridot?? I cannot wait to see more pics - it looks gorgeous!!

It is my 8mm peridot! And I think it''s gorgeous... but I''m biased!
27.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought these from Tan! chrysoberyl What do you think?? I want to do a colette bezel w/one of them..not sure what I''ll do w/the other one..fondle it profusely I guess.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2010 10:24:43 PM
Author: packrat
I just bought these from Tan! chrysoberyl What do you think?? I want to do a colette bezel w/one of them..not sure what I''ll do w/the other one..fondle it profusely I guess.

I almost bought those!!! Congrats, take lots of photos. I was thinking they would make nice side stones for my new minty grossular when I get it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 4:22:00 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 6/3/2010 10:24:43 PM

I almost bought those!!! Congrats, take lots of photos. I was thinking they would make nice side stones for my new minty grossular when I get it.

Whew! I''m glad you like them TL!
36.gif
I emailed Uppy about Tan and his auctions and she said she really respects him, and if they''re stones that *you* almost bought then I think I''m good all around! I''ll definitely take lots of pics! They shipped already, so..a couple weeks before they get here?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why thank you for the kind words Packrat!

Yes, it takes about two weeks to get to the States, if that''s where you live.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo I''m excited! Did you see my plan for one of them? Would it be ok to bezel?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2010 6:26:27 PM
Yes, those are the kinds of stones that would look great in a bezel.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 7:34:46 PM
Date: 6/4/2010 6:26:27 PM

Yes, those are the kinds of stones that would look great in a bezel.

Yay! That''s perfect! This is a dumb question, but can they be found really small? Like 2-3mm?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question, I would think so, but don''t quote me on it.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a teaser pic of my prasiolite ring, which JKT has finished work on and will send out on Monday. I''m so excited about it! 18k green gold bezel and accents on an argentium silver band. She said her lighting makes everything look more yellowish than it really is.

prasring2.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I finally figured out how to take good fluor pictures and the only stones I have that really fluor are my kunzites. I wish they were this color all the time lol
9.gif
I still haven''t seen the tenebrescence effect that I''ve been reading about in Kunzite though. Is it something that I can do with my dinky black light?

kunzitefluorescence.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my minty 1.82 carat mint grossular (see prior page for vendor photo). It really is minty!! To me, it's more of a merelani mint color. Here is a shot on an overcast cloudy day outside. Tan calls it a tsavorite, but I beg to differ, it's more of a minty grossular.

TLmintgrossular.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a far away shot so you can gage the tone, saturation and hue next to my more chrome green tsavorite (2.15 carats).

TLgrossularandspinel.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more when the sun peeked out just a little.

TLmintygrossular2.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a minty Afghanistan Tourmaline and a Vanadium Chrysoberyl had a baby.
Congratulations!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2010 3:24:19 PM
I just got my minty 1.82 carat mint grossular (see prior page for vendor photo). It really is minty!! To me, it''s more of a merelani mint color. Here is a shot on an overcast cloudy day outside. Tan calls it a tsavorite, but I beg to differ, it''s more of a minty grossular.
TL what''s the difference? Is grossular a more encompassing term and tsavorite is specific to color and origin?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Nice minty eye-candy, TL!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Love your new garnet TL!!
30.gif

Here''s my Barry contra luz opal. It''s a very cool stone. Almost like it''s possessed or has a life of it''s own.
19.gif
I find it very interesting.

2010-03-21_037.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
with a white peruvian daffodil to show body color, kind of peachy

2010-03-21_040.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
my daughter wanted to help
36.gif

2010-03-21_049.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

the_glass_necklace.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2010 4:16:42 PM
Author: davi_el_mejor
Date: 6/5/2010 3:24:19 PM

I just got my minty 1.82 carat mint grossular (see prior page for vendor photo). It really is minty!! To me, it's more of a merelani mint color. Here is a shot on an overcast cloudy day outside. Tan calls it a tsavorite, but I beg to differ, it's more of a minty grossular.
TL what's the difference? Is grossular a more encompassing term and tsavorite is specific to color and origin?

Thanks everyone. To answer your question Davi, all tsavorites are grossular garnets, but not all grossulars are tsavorites. Tsavorites are the darker chrome greens. It's a marketing name really.

Ha, funny drawing Vapid, but you forgot the $$ markup at each time the stone changes hands.
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2010 11:50:07 AM
Author: davi_el_mejor
I finally figured out how to take good fluor pictures and the only stones I have that really fluor are my kunzites. I wish they were this color all the time lol
9.gif
I still haven''t seen the tenebrescence effect that I''ve been reading about in Kunzite though. Is it something that I can do with my dinky black light?

Davi,
That doesn''t look like fluorescence but the stone shifting color in certain lighting. If the stones appear to glow in the dark when you flash a UV light on them, then that''s fluor.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jstar, your ring is reminicent of Mochi''s green gold chrysoberyl Whiteflash design. Very nice!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2010 12:10:40 AM
Jstar, your ring is reminicent of Mochi''s green gold chrysoberyl Whiteflash design. Very nice!!

Thanks! I looked at that as an inspiration and ultimately decided I wanted something more like Lauren''s yellow grossular ring with the split shank. It should be arriving Tuesday, and I can''t wait to see it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Intergem was in town this past weekend. I picked up a handful of sterling chains for DD, and these oval blue zircon for myself. The stones were not matched by the vendor as a pair, but I think they will work for me as earrings. One is 2.09ct and 7.7 x 6.3 mm, and the other is 1.93 ct and 7.8 x 6.2 mm. The plumper one is the tiniest bit bluer. The photos were taken outside on a sunny day, left photo in the shade and right photo in the sun. The green reflections are probably the grass and trees, because it is finally almost summer here. The vendor is Bill Vance of VanceGems. Great fun playing with his stones. Pictures are great, but in person is better.
1.gif

VanceTopazPair992022.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results