Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Lovely additions mtsapphirelovingannie and eos512! :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got impatient while waiting for Yvonne to finish my paraiba ring, so I ended up getting a moonstone ring from Sally, too... a rose cut moonstone ring has been on my list for a while, and I love the geometric pattern and strong blue adularescence of moonstone. This one is in silver so not too pricey, but I see my diamond upgrade being pushed back to next year at this rate (I also caved in and bought some pearls during the Mother's Day sales..) :doh: :lol:

2016-04-25_13_0.jpg 2016-04-25_13_1.jpg 2016-04-25_13_2.jpg 2016-04-25_13_3.jpg 2016-04-25_13.jpg 2016-04-25_13_4.jpg

nojs

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous ring, I love it!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just purchased 1.31-Carat Pastel Pyrope Color-Change Garnet from Jeff at Earths Treasury...Just got it today and having it set...the stone took my breath away! Love the color and the cut.

_37028.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beautiful ring and stone Mochiko. Beautiful faceted moonstone :love:

Zestfullybling: congrats with your beautiful Pyrope garnet!! Any ideas on how you will set it?

luxroman

Rough_Rock

What a beautiful piece Mochiko! I can't wait (but I'll have to!) to get one like that. It's so beautiful, enjoy it :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1461607071|4023414 said:
Zestfullybling: congrats with your beautiful Pyrope garnet!! Any ideas on how you will set it?

Thanks Anicom!!! Just had it set it in white gold halo with thin shank. I just picked it up from the jewelry and the entire staff went googly eyed over it. They hadn't seen a garnet of this color before.

_37030.jpg

_37032.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a stunning ring ZestfullyBling!!! Your jeweller did such an amazing job. Love the color of your center stone as well as the whole package.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love both of your rings Mochiko and Zestfullybling!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko - I am mesmerized by the combination of the rose cut and moonstone. I have to add it to my list of wants (along with much of your collection, lol).

zestfullybling - so glad to see another pastel pyrope garnet here...one of my favorite stones...love how they go hot pink and purple.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks lilmosun, ilovegemstones, Acinom, luxroman, and nojs!! I love how it picks up all sorts of colors and reflections. It's super bright, and almost seems to glow in low lighting for some reason. :)

Here are a couple more pics. I got 2 rings in one week. :naughty:
13102349_987482847994588_249507405_n.jpg paraiba_moonstone.jpg

Zestfully Bling, that's a beautiful garnet! I love the color and cut. It looks so pretty in the halo setting, too. :love:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hahaha so not fair mochiko :naughty:

LOVE that rose cut moonstone.... so romantic :love:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko42- pretty ring and stone (that faceting!) - love the profile too!
ZestfullyBling - pretty colors of the stone, and ring you chose suits it well.

Congratulations ladies! Unique and beautiful on your hand.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

My Green Zircon and sleeping beauty cabs came. I am not so sure about the color combo now. Any real talk?
greeen_zircon_with_sb.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much ilovegemstones, lilmosun, mochiko42, & Rfisher!!!! :D

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1461746636|4024090 said:
Thanks lilmosun, ilovegemstones, Acinom, luxroman, and nojs!! I love how it picks up all sorts of colors and reflections. It's super bright, and almost seems to glow in low lighting for some reason. :)

Here are a couple more pics. I got 2 rings in one week. :naughty:
13102349_987482847994588_249507405_n.jpg paraiba_moonstone.jpg

Zestfully Bling, that's a beautiful garnet! I love the color and cut. It looks so pretty in the halo setting, too. :love:

Mochiko your Paraiba halo ring is out of this world!!! The color and the setting!!! Very unique and stunning design :love: :love:

austinj

Shiny_Rock

I was playing with my camera and got a few group shots :)

_3309.jpeg

_3310.jpeg

_3311.jpeg

_3312.jpeg

austinj

Shiny_Rock

By the way LOVE everyone's rings! Especially that moonstone and purple garnet!! :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely photos, Austinj :))

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

ZestfullyBling and mochiko42... love your new rings! I didn't know that moonstones come in rose cut until now... very good to know and definitely glowy in your pics. That color change garnet is amazing!!! Love that aqua pendant too, mtsapphirelovingannie. Beautiful group shot, austinj!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

So I finally purchased a flashlight that has both longwave and shortwave UV so I can fully enjoy the special aspects of some of my colored stones, but especially the tenebrescent scapolite that I got from Jeff White. This stone does have clear inclusions that can be seen in the pic.

img_20160427_220941.jpg

img_20160427_220522.jpg

img_20160427_220708.jpg

img_20160427_220755.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dont know how I missed this awesome scapolite! Awesome, Lovesvintage!

Dan Stair finished my spessartite garnet recut (it was very very deep originally). He told me that it's now almost 1 ct smaller, but the face up weight is nearly identical--that tells you how deep it was to begin with haha.

First is Dan's pic, which scared me because it looked *so* orange, and he warned me that the photo made the pavilion look off center even though it isn't in real life.
293Spessartite.jpg

But when it arrived I was blown away by how gorgeous it is! It's so bright, and almost glows in low light. It's still rainy and grey here, but even in the worst lighting this stone has tons of sparkle and life. I'm very excited to set this one!!! BTW Dan's prices are amazing--he basically made this stone possible to set for less than $60!

1462675518031.jpg 1462675475279.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous new additions everyone!

That stone is so special lovesvintage. I saw it on his FB and was amazed! Will you use the stone for a ring or pendant?

lovedogs: what a droolworthy result. Glad it's easier to set now because of the lower depth. The color and shape are stunning! I already admired this in the eyecandy thread. How will you set it and who will set it for you?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1462691442|4028904 said:
Gorgeous new additions everyone!

That stone is so special lovesvintage. I saw it on his FB and was amazed! Will you use the stone for a ring or pendant?

lovedogs: what a droolworthy result. Glad it's easier to set now because of the lower depth. The color and shape are stunning! I already admired this in the eyecandy thread. How will you set it and who will set it for you?

Acinom, I have an idea, but it's a little unusual so I'm reaching out to the vendor to see about feasibility before sharing my weird plan here. haha but I promise to keep you all posted!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_lovesvintage_|1461816810|4024475 said:
So I finally purchased a flashlight that has both longwave and shortwave UV so I can fully enjoy the special aspects of some of my colored stones, but especially the tenebrescent scapolite that I got from Jeff White. This stone does have clear inclusions that can be seen in the pic.

lovesvintage- I had no idea that a scapolite could for better term "retain" a color after being exposed to UV. I need to learn more.

Lovesdogs- I admired your spessy before and now again with it new and improved. Gorgeous!

I don't know (too lazy and tired to search) if I told Vesper how great your Zircon and sleeping beauty color combo is. I really love it.

Eos512- Gorgeous gems. I honestly had to look twice regarding your peridot. Fantastic glow. My only peridot does not glow like that.

Austin- Great gems. So many shades of blue. Love the golden tan stone as well- very nice and unique cut on that one.

This is my favorite thread on PS. So many beautiful gems to ogle while learning new things about gemstones.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Posted a bunch of rings for sale to clear room for new projects!

These are going to sally to set. Leuco garnet and a tsav and black welo opal to set into one ring I think..

fullsizerender__2_14.jpg

img_11745.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1461764236|4024142 said:
My Green Zircon and sleeping beauty cabs came. I am not so sure about the color combo now. Any real talk?
greeen_zircon_with_sb.jpg

The green is very dark. I have a green zircon (most of us do right? :lol: ) I just don't think it totally suits the turquoise. I see that turquoise with something minty actually if that makes sense. Or even with something totally opposing like, Fire Opal.

S

SparkliesLuver

austinj said:
I was playing with my camera and got a few group shots :)

I'd LOVE to know about the small vivid blue you have, austinj! It's super pretty. Sapphire? Spinel? It's pretty much exactly what's on my list so I'm super curious to know more (if you don't mind).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austinj: how did I miss that group shot?! Lovely colors!! And I agree with Sparklies that we must know more about that vivid blue :naughty:

eos512

Shiny_Rock

recent aquisition- a 5.8ct rubellite

_3588.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results