shape
carat
color
clarity

Cash bars question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 7:18:39 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 11/3/2008 6:33:26 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Date: 11/3/2008 6:26:35 PM
Author: oobiecoo

Date: 11/3/2008 6:10:42 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
thanks sparklz, that makes me feel a LOT better :)

honestly people in the midwest are really just laidback and not quite as picky about tradition as people in places like new york or whatever (jmo) i think it will be fine to do just the beer and wine and then have the cash bar on the side, yeh i think that''s what i''ll do. and honestly if people don''t want to bring us a present or whatever so they can have money for the bar, that''s fine. it will obviously say on the invitations so people will know in advance.

I''m not sure that ''cash bar'' should be on the actual invitation.... anyone else wanna weigh in on this?
I kind of put it in line with asking for cash as a gift...

If you''re dead set on a cash bar...then let it be spread with word of mouth...

however, I stand by compromising on other things to have an open bar...

I agree with Oobie and Italia--I would NOT make mention of the cash bar on the invite. PLEASE don''t. If your family and social circle typically has cash bars at weddings, as you said, then it''s probably not necessary. At the very most, word of mouth should be enough.

I agree with others that you should not spend more than you have just to offer a full open bar. It really sounds like your social circle is accepting of things like cash bars, so I''m not sure why you''re so worried about it. What does it matter if many of us find them tacky if that''s what is norm in your social circle?

(As for the whole regional thing, the longer I''m around PS the more I think it''s less about region and more about particular social circles.)
Yep, I''ve gotta say I''m 100% in agreement with Haven on this whole issue.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 7:18:39 PM
Author: Haven
Date: 11/3/2008 6:33:26 PM

Author: Italiahaircolor

Date: 11/3/2008 6:26:35 PM

Author: oobiecoo

Date: 11/3/2008 6:10:42 PM

Author: Smurfysmiles

thanks sparklz, that makes me feel a LOT better :)

honestly people in the midwest are really just laidback and not quite as picky about tradition as people in places like new york or whatever (jmo) i think it will be fine to do just the beer and wine and then have the cash bar on the side, yeh i think that''s what i''ll do. and honestly if people don''t want to bring us a present or whatever so they can have money for the bar, that''s fine. it will obviously say on the invitations so people will know in advance.

I''m not sure that ''cash bar'' should be on the actual invitation.... anyone else wanna weigh in on this?
I kind of put it in line with asking for cash as a gift...

If you''re dead set on a cash bar...then let it be spread with word of mouth...

however, I stand by compromising on other things to have an open bar...

I agree with Oobie and Italia--I would NOT make mention of the cash bar on the invite. PLEASE don''t. If your family and social circle typically has cash bars at weddings, as you said, then it''s probably not necessary. At the very most, word of mouth should be enough.

I agree with others that you should not spend more than you have just to offer a full open bar. It really sounds like your social circle is accepting of things like cash bars, so I''m not sure why you''re so worried about it. What does it matter if many of us find them tacky if that''s what is norm in your social circle?

(As for the whole regional thing, the longer I''m around PS the more I think it''s less about region and more about particular social circles.)

Agreed Haven. There are a few posters in this thread who are from MA, where I am from, and who said cash bars are the norm in NE. I have only once been to a wedding with a cash bar in New England! So it just goes to show that it probably is more about what''s the norm with friends and relatives than the region necessarily...

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I think you are right that this issue may be a regional thing. I am from the NE and every wedding I go to it is expected that there will be an open-bar. I don''t know how it is in other areas. You just need to go with your gut and what you think will please your guests. I think the idea of having wine, beer and a signature drink is a great one, if it keeps your budget down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results