shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Watch preloved

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know which style (s) you want? ive found that through eBay there are quite a few Japanese sellers. It’s quite a thing in Japan to wear something for a short while and then need the next latest design. No problems with fakes as it’s actually a criminal offense in Japan to sell / deal in counterfeit goods. You just have to watch the sizing, mostly more the more petite. I’m happy to search for you.
Does it have to be Cartier or might you consider something else? For $2,000 in Cartier you’ll only get Stainless style with maybe gold accents (sometimes only gold plated). You can get a lot more for your money if you go “vintage” including solid gold and maybe even diamonds! I’m a watch collector btw.

@Bron357 now I have decided on the medium Panthere perhaps you might be able to suggest Japanese sellers that are safe? I have seen a couple of potential options on Chrono24 and a couple on 1st Dibs (not sure how safe 1st dibs is)

I thought the size small Panthere was lovely when I saw it in person, very fluid and bracelet-like. I think it depends on the look you are going for- I think either the small or medium would work for most body frames. The mini was too mini IMO. Definitely choose based on what you like not just on cost… it’s worth it to wait for what you want if you aren’t 100% happy with the small.
Yes could not do the mini. Considering the small as there are a lot more options pre-loved which is the way I have to go. I didn't mind it on me but everyone I showed the images to in my family said they prefer the larger size

I love the panthere - and bought one for my 40th for that reason! I love the look of the larger one on you.

Yes I think it is preferable to the small it may mean waiting to find one

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I am still waiting on it to arrive.

I do have the serial number and I thought Cartier might be able to advise if it is authentic but this was the email I got back

Thank you for expressing an interest in Cartier.

In response to your enquiry, we kindly inform you that Cartier does not offer an Authentication Service.
Cartier has chosen to sell its creations exclusively through its Boutiques, official E-boutique online and international network of authorised retailers (for watches and accessories).

Therefore to ensure that you are not disappointed, a list of all Cartier Boutiques and Cartier authorised retailers is available at https://www.en.cartier.com in the "Find a Boutique" If you purchased your creation from another source, regrettably we are unable to comment on your purchase or to provide you with any further information.

You can be assured of authenticity of Cartier creations, as all creations are accompanied by some form of certificate notifying the legitimate purchase.

Yours sincerely,

I do get they want people purchasing in stores but there are so many vintage pieces I felt they would be prepared to advise especially as I wanted to take it in and have it serviced with them once I get it.

Has anyone had any luck gettingCartier authenticated

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I am still waiting on it to arrive.

I do have the serial number and I thought Cartier might be able to advise if it is authentic but this was the email I got back

Thank you for expressing an interest in Cartier.

In response to your enquiry, we kindly inform you that Cartier does not offer an Authentication Service.
Cartier has chosen to sell its creations exclusively through its Boutiques, official E-boutique online and international network of authorised retailers (for watches and accessories).

Therefore to ensure that you are not disappointed, a list of all Cartier Boutiques and Cartier authorised retailers is available at https://www.en.cartier.com in the "Find a Boutique" If you purchased your creation from another source, regrettably we are unable to comment on your purchase or to provide you with any further information.

You can be assured of authenticity of Cartier creations, as all creations are accompanied by some form of certificate notifying the legitimate purchase.

Yours sincerely,

I do get they want people purchasing in stores but there are so many vintage pieces I felt they would be prepared to advise especially as I wanted to take it in and have it serviced with them once I get it.

Has anyone had any luck gettingCartier authenticated

I have not gotten mine authenticated but I was able to register the serial code at Cartier Care under my account. I also took it in to have it sized and had no issues.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Based on the picture of the watch back I can see the 6 digits and 2 letters but the site seems to be asking for a 4 digit number and then a 5-6 digit number and 2 letter code

**** EDIT I could see 4 small digits down the bottom corner of the pic of the back so I put them first and it showed up OMG I love you right now I feel like a huge weight has lifted. It doesn't appear to have been registered before I imagine that would come up if it was? Not sure

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 11.21.14 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 11.21.14 am.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Based on the picture of the watch back I can see the 6 digits and 2 letters but the site seems to be asking for a 4 digit number and then a 5-6 digit number and 2 letter code

**** EDIT I could see 4 small digits down the bottom corner of the pic of the back so I put them first and it showed up OMG I love you right now I feel like a huge weight has lifted. It doesn't appear to have been registered before I imagine that would come up if it was? Not sure
I would think every serial number could only be registered once? When I linked mine the details like date of purchase matched the certificate that came in the packaging. It seemed legit enough for me but I agree buying any branded items preloved is a little nerve wracking.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I would think every serial number could only be registered once? When I linked mine the details like date of purchase matched the certificate that came in the packaging. It seemed legit enough for me but I agree buying any branded items preloved is a little nerve wracking.

Mine doesn’t have a warranty card so no idea on date of original purchase. It says I can select the extended warranty but don’t think I can do that without the card

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick update. The watch arrived and was in much better condition than I expected.

I have taken it to a luxury watchmaker to be serviced and polished. They looked it over when there and seemed happy with it but will see if there are any red flags when they examine it more closely.

If all is well I will be extremely happy with this purchase

Cartier pre polish.JPG Cartier pre polish.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results