shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Trinity ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I really love the way the Cartier Trinity ring looks in pictures, but the nearest Cartier store is an hour-and-a-half drive away. Could someone please tell me approximate prices for the ring with no diamonds (just 3 narrow tri-color gold rings) or the ring with the scattered diamonds (not the pave)? I''ve never tried on a rolling ring -- are they comfortable?

I really love the look of rose gold and would love to get a tri-color piece of jewelery. I think my ideal Trinity ring would be one they do not show on the website: 2 plain golds bands and 1 (either white or pink gold) with scattered diamonds, instead of scattered diamonds on all 3 bands. I wonder if Cartier allows special requests like that, or if a PS vendor could make a decent copy with my modifications.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
keep an eye on signed pieces- I have seen the Cartier rolling rings on their site.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto watching signed pieces for the rolling rings. i have seen the plain and pave'' ones available from there. you can also google ''rolling ring'' and ''trinity ring'' there are many sites that sell their own version.
let us know what you find!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
let us know what you decide. I am intrigued by the rolling rings, too. I posted a thread on here for people to post pics of their rolling rings but no one responded! I guess they aren''t as popular here on ps. I would like one with 2 yellow bands as well, but with pave diamonds on the third in white.
I have no idea if they are comfortable or if you even order your usual ring size?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 10:40:50 AM
Author: diamondsrock

I have no idea if they are comfortable or if you even order your usual ring size?
i was wondering that too. i think the one on signedpieces is(was) a size 6. i almost ordered it just to see how it fit. it seems like with the nature of the design, you would need to order a little bigger than your normal size.
curious...

Iris

Rough_Rock
My husband purchased the Cartier Trinity ring for me last month while we were in Paris. It was a wonderful experience, and I adore the ring. It''s the original design without any stones. No photos, unfortunately, but you can look in the Celebrity Ring file and catch a couple there. Photos, and the Cartier website don''t do the ring justice. It''s all about the glow and play of color and how lush it looks and feels -- not to mention how fun it is to play with, always different each time you glance at it. I enjoy the slight clicking of the bands rolling, also.

The price in the US is $775, and the ring is extremely comfortable. I was told by a local Cartier boutique that the sizes run slightly large, so I kept that in mind. The Cartier Trinity ring sizes run slightly different from American sizes. For instance, there is not a 4& 3/4, but rather a 4 &5/8. There is not a 5, but a 5&1/8. I wear a 4&3/4 and the 4&5/8 is perfect. In France, that''s a 49. You can check ring size conversions on various websites.

On occasion I have checked ebay on vintage Cartier Trinity rings. Very often I have noticed that the ring size given does not match up with the sellers description, so buyers beware.

Hope this helps!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Believe me, I have been watching Signed Pieces and Ebay religiously, but have yet to see a size 4 1/2. I wondered if I needed to order larger or smaller than my normal size, and almost ordered a size 5 from ebay, but was afraid it would not fit. Thanks for the info that they run large, Iris.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Iris -- DH and I are going to Paris in April, and I have been thinking that the Cartier Trinity would be the perfect trip souvenir. I wondered whether the price would be better or worse in Paris. I know sometimes things are less expensive in the country of origin, but with the high Euro, the European taxes (which I understand are difficult to get fully refunded), and the US import fees at customs, I was not sure how it would break down. If you don''t mind me asking, did you end up spending more or less (in total) than the $775 US price?

Iris

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 2:41:19 PM
Author: Kay
Iris -- DH and I are going to Paris in April, and I have been thinking that the Cartier Trinity would be the perfect trip souvenir. I wondered whether the price would be better or worse in Paris. I know sometimes things are less expensive in the country of origin, but with the high Euro, the European taxes (which I understand are difficult to get fully refunded), and the US import fees at customs, I was not sure how it would break down. If you don''t mind me asking, did you end up spending more or less (in total) than the $775 US price?
Kay,

Oh, it is the perfect souvenir. In terms of price, once we backed out the taxes, etc. we paid $30 over US amount. However, it was worth it for the experience. We had to wait for my size to arrive from another boutique since they didn''t have a 49 in stock, and so we sat in the Cartier library drinking espresso. This was in the Champs Elysees boutique, and when we left it was evening. The boulevard was lit up brilliantly, and it was pure magic. Worth every penny.

Our SA suggested that I wear the ring while in Paris so that if it wasn''t a perfect fit, I could exchange it there. I took her advice, which gave me comfort, and it worked out great. You might think about making your purchase early into your trip for that reason. By the way, you probably wear a 48, but play around with sizes.

Another boutique worth going to is the "mothership" Cartier on the Rue de la Paix. It has recently been renovated and it is stunning. It''s wonderful that you''re going to Paris! Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Iris,

I would certainly think it was worth the extra $30 to have my Cartier be from Paris. My husband, on the other hand, would probably rather pay extra for me to buy it here rather than spend vacation time sitting in a jewelry store. I know I won''t get him into more than one store, so which Cartier did you think was more spectacular to visit: Champs Elysees or the mothership?

I would love to see hand pics of your ring.

Iris

Rough_Rock
Kay,

Go to the Cartier website and click on The Maison Cartier which will lead you to Boutiques/Cartier Universe. I believe this is the Champs Elysees location and you can get a real feeling for what it''s like through its virtual tour. Just below the main page you will find another way to locate boutiques, and this will get you to Cartier''s 3 flagship locations (Paris/London/New York). The Paris location is quite different and you will see this right away. Champs Elysees is sleek and modern; the other very old world -- both exquisite in their own way. You can decide which you prefer.

In order to save time, I would suggest calling both locations to see if they have your probable size(s) in stock, and then ask for an appointment (although I''m not certain you will get one.) If both boutiques have your size(s), then it might be best to attach your jewelry mission to the location nearest your day''s plan. These boutiques are very well suited for touring. And, of course there are other Cartiers as well...

Unfortunately, no hand pix. I often read the forum, but don''t participate because I have no skill in the photo thing. (I think my husband would rather sit with a book in a jewelry store, than teach me. I''m not complaining, though)! Celebrity Rings, page 66, has a decent photo of Rebecca Gayheart''s Trinity ring. What it doesn''t capture is the space between the rings when they separate through movement. That''s the best.

I hope you decide to purchase the ring, but regardless, you''re going to Paris! Again, please feel free to ask me any questions. Having just returned from "the City of Light", I''m only too happy to help.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was in Cartier and saw the trinity with paved diamonds, pink diamonds on the rose gold, yellow diamonds on the yellow gold and white diamonds on the white gold. STUNNING and only 58,000.00 retail...

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this ring. I also liked how it fit but my mother didn''t - she felt it was more uncomfortable, while I felt it was more comfortable.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 10:24:25 PM
Author: diamondfan
I was in Cartier and saw the trinity with paved diamonds, pink diamonds on the rose gold, yellow diamonds on the yellow gold and white diamonds on the white gold. STUNNING and only 58,000.00 retail...
I think that is the one Cameron Diaz wears. Fortunately for my pocket book, I am not a big fan of pave -- I like the metal to show. I do like the one a PS'er owns that is white pave on the white gold band only, so you can still see the pink and yellow gold. Since this is just a whim purchase for me, I can't really justify the added expense of lots of diamonds.

Signed Pieces had one right now that has 5 tiny diamonds scattered on each band, and I love the way it looks, but it is a size 7. I wonder if Cartier would make one with 5 scattered diamonds on just 1 of the bands?

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE my rolling ring!! Its not Cartier but I could care less its such a beautiful look. The way the bands flow around one another and how fluid it all seems is just perfect. The band I have right now is just three white gold ones but I am trying to get this all diamond one for valentines day :) http://www.sunjewelry.com/ab1505.html Have a great trip to Paris I would definetly get one if I was going over there :)

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
officers girl that ring you posted a link to is amazing!
30.gif

quick question, do the rings roll around during the day when you''re wearing them? Do they stay in the same spot? I''ve been thinking of a two tone (two yellow, one white) ring and was wondering. I wouldn''t be getting an actual Cartier but was curious how they feel on.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Does it have to be from Cartier''s? Goldspeed.com sells a tri-color ring for $278 in 14K: http://www.goldspeed.com/14k/tricolor/gold/wedding/bands/default/StandardCatalog.C_011700.RT25783.cpd

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a rolling ring (non-Cartier) in Rome about 10 years ago and it''s probably the most comfortable ring that I own. I got my normal size and it ended up a tiny bit too big but I like that it does roll around a little between my knuckles. Also, when it''s hot out and I still want to wear a ring this is perfect becuse it''s easy to get off, you can just roll it off your finger, unlike some of my other rings that get stuck when my fingers swell up a bit in the summer or if I''m doing a lot of walking with my hands down.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 3:21:19 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I bought a rolling ring (non-Cartier) in Rome about 10 years ago and it''s probably the most comfortable ring that I own. I got my normal size and it ended up a tiny bit too big but I like that it does roll around a little between my knuckles. Also, when it''s hot out and I still want to wear a ring this is perfect becuse it''s easy to get off, you can just roll it off your finger, unlike some of my other rings that get stuck when my fingers swell up a bit in the summer or if I''m doing a lot of walking with my hands down.
Same here my rolling ring is the only ring comfy enough for me to sleep in. Mine doesnt really roll around much, the only time it moves on its own is times like when im holding something that pushes one of the bands or something like that. I really love my ring and oh wow a cartier one would be awesome!!!
30.gif
lol im still working on that one from sun jewelery for my bday though
18.gif

Iris

Rough_Rock
Just want to mention that I very recently saw and tried on Memoire rolling rings. Although I am perfectly happy with my Cartier, I surely was impressed with Memoire''s. They have weight and are beautifully finished. If I''m not mistaken, I think I''ve read that they used to be the manufacturer''s of Cartier''s trinity rings. Regardless, for those who like this style, you can check them out on the Memoire sight.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:09:25 AM
Author: Iris
Just want to mention that I very recently saw and tried on Memoire rolling rings. Although I am perfectly happy with my Cartier, I surely was impressed with Memoire''s. They have weight and are beautifully finished. If I''m not mistaken, I think I''ve read that they used to be the manufacturer''s of Cartier''s trinity rings. Regardless, for those who like this style, you can check them out on the Memoire sight.

Do you recall the prices?

Iris

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 12:40:31 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 1/31/2007 7:09:25 AM
Author: Iris

Do you recall the prices?
Sorry. I didn''t check the prices, just the quality. Memoire should be able to answer your questions, and/or direct you where you can see their rings.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the memoire bands on their website and they do look like super high quality.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i checked out the memoire site and love their rolling rings. infortunately the site could not store locate for me as it would not recognize my zip code. where is a good source for online memoire? thanks!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
found answer in hangout. i had a plain rolling ring and it was loose and it apparently just slipped off of my finger a few years ago. this thread has gotten me interested in a platinum and diamond one. i guess that means you all pay since you started the yearning.
1.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to share that I just this week got a new job and rewarded myself by buying that Cartier rolling ring (with the little diamonds) that was on Signed Pieces when it went on sale for their Valentine''s sale. I was going to get it for my middle finger, which is a size 7, but they called me and said that they had mis-typed the size and it was in fact a size 6...which fits me right hand ring finger, so that''s okay. I do wish it fit my middle finger, but I love it so much, I''m going to keep it anyway. It is heavy and rolls so smoothly...I''m hooked! I definitely recommend this ring for those of you who are considering it...it is very comfortable. I''m going to take pics soon, but I haven''t had a chance yet.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations, how exciting a new job and a new ring.

Post pics, I would love to see this on!!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
so happy for you facetfire! please do post pics. thanks.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love the 3-tone trinity rings. I was fossicking around on Ebay and found this site: www.rollingring.com , not sure on the quality but it has great examples of many of the diamond-set styles available.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 10:27:47 PM
Author: FacetFire
I just wanted to share that I just this week got a new job and rewarded myself by buying that Cartier rolling ring (with the little diamonds) that was on Signed Pieces when it went on sale for their Valentine''s sale. I was going to get it for my middle finger, which is a size 7, but they called me and said that they had mis-typed the size and it was in fact a size 6...which fits me right hand ring finger, so that''s okay. I do wish it fit my middle finger, but I love it so much, I''m going to keep it anyway. It is heavy and rolls so smoothly...I''m hooked! I definitely recommend this ring for those of you who are considering it...it is very comfortable. I''m going to take pics soon, but I haven''t had a chance yet.
Congratulations FF on the new job and for snagging that gorgeous ring off of Signed Pieces!!! Can''t wait to see hand pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results