shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier trinity ring......?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is each ring piece 2.9mm wide or is the entire ring 2.9mm wide?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
WillyDiamond|1365939225|3426608 said:
Is each ring piece 2.9mm wide or is the entire ring 2.9mm wide?

Each ring. The entire ring ends up being about twice that based on how they overlap.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thank you

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another trinity lover here. I have had mine (XS, about 1.5mm wide) for several months now and it's certainly not as pristine as the day I first put it on, but it doesn't bother me that much. It's a beautiful band, and I too have PS to curse/thank for introducing me to the trinity!

image-2389728597.jpg

image-1464562385.jpg

This is so gorgeous and I just had to bump this thread back up to comment! :kiss2:

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There’s a trinity thread in the SMTB forum. I’m sure these pics would be a beautiful addition.

BlueBunny

Rough_Rock
unnamed3.jpg Another XS trinity! The picture was taken years ago and I decided on a different ring at the time. I have since found it second-hand at a screaming price ($385 + tax) and decided to get it for Valentine's Day. I can't wait to wear it with the solitaire.

Fun fact: My dad dabbled in jewelry-making and actually made a tri-color ring for my mom over 30 years ago. I would happily wear hers but she won't let it go. :)

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one second-hand online from Japan. Couldn't swear that it's genuine but a reputable jeweler thought it was when he inspected it. I wear it a lot in colder weather as it's a tad snug but I love to play with it!:dance: I DO think new ones are overpriced but I would recommend a second-hand piece as it's a stunning classic piece that goes with any metal colour worn.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one second-hand online from Japan. Couldn't swear that it's genuine but a reputable jeweler thought it was when he inspected it. I wear it a lot in colder weather as it's a tad snug but I love to play with it!:dance: I DO think new ones are overpriced but I would recommend a second-hand piece as it's a stunning classic piece that goes with any metal colour worn.
My experience is that if it comes from Japan, it is more likely to be authentic than not. It’s a cultural thing, they HATE “copies / fakes” intensely. And they are very fashion forward, they don’t hesitate to “out with the old, in with the new”. A good source of pre loved LV bags btw.

BlueBunny

Rough_Rock
My experience is that if it comes from Japan, it is more likely to be authentic than not. It’s a cultural thing, they HATE “copies / fakes” intensely. And they are very fashion forward, they don’t hesitate to “out with the old, in with the new”. A good source of pre loved LV bags btw.

Selling fakes is also highly illegal in Japan.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a classic Cartier trinity ring some years ago and I have to say that it's one of the best jewelry purchases I've ever made. This ring looks beautiful when worn and it's extremely comfortable. Sometimes I forget that it's there! I've received a lot of compliments on it and it always makes a great impression! I enjoy wearing it alone or stacking it with my solitaire ER.
Here are some photos.... (for those who are wondering about the hair, Yes, I dyed it dark brown!!! Still trying to get used to it!!!) 20180213_180008.jpg 20180213_175938.jpg 20180213_175931.jpg

BlueBunny

Rough_Rock
It looks stunning on you! What a gorgeous pairing...and I love your hair!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a classic Cartier trinity ring some years ago and I have to say that it's one of the best jewelry purchases I've ever made. This ring looks beautiful when worn and it's extremely comfortable. Sometimes I forget that it's there! I've received a lot of compliments on it and it always makes a great impression! I enjoy wearing it alone or stacking it with my solitaire ER.
Here are some photos.... (for those who are wondering about the hair, Yes, I dyed it dark brown!!! Still trying to get used to it!!!) 20180213_180008.jpg 20180213_175938.jpg 20180213_175931.jpg

You’re the triple-take sort of gorgeous with any colour Naty!! It looks great - you’ve got so much volume!

The ring’s pretty nice an’ all too, y’know ::)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bumped quite a few trinity threads up back in January. I had saved up enough for a trinity, but then I decided at the last second to use the $1200 toward a trade up for diamond studs (went from .60 ctw to 1.01ctw). I made the right decision, for sure, as I wear my studs everyday and they are a big visual increase on my lobes!

Buuuuut... I have begun to save again for a trinity! I love the look. I am trying to be good and not have another setback. :mrgreen2: My local shop is resizing a ring for me. When I was in, I browsed the counters. In the clearance section (50% off), there were pink tourmaline/diamond halo leverback earrings. I have been wanting a pair of short drops/leverbacks. With the discount, they’re just $250. :whistle: I resisted the urge to run back in today to try them on, but I think I’ll have to try them out next week if they’re still there when I pick up my ring.

But but but I shouldn’t get distracted from my goal! Even for a good deal on diamond halo drops. Tourmaline isn’t even on my radar. There. I’ve done it, I’ve talked some sense into myself. :lol:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re the triple-take sort of gorgeous with any colour Naty!! It looks great - you’ve got so much volume!

The ring’s pretty nice an’ all too, y’know ::)

Ohhh, Yssie, thank you so much for the kind words... 8)
Back on the trinity ring, for anybody who's contemplating buying one: Do buy this ring. It is such an amazing piece. I just can't explain what a great presence it has and how beutiful it looks, both asa stand alone piece and stacked with another ring, preferably a solitaire. I also tried to stack it with my 5mm white gold wedding band and i thought it looked wonderful! I will post a pic a little later!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naty
Beautiful pair of rings!..:love:. Is hiring a dark brown hair attorney less expensive?..:bigsmile:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180318_165733.jpg

IMG_20180318_165018.jpg IMG_20180318_165718.jpg IMG_20180318_165733.jpg IMG_20180318_165752.jpg
My Cartier trinity band, stacked with my 5mm white gold wedding band. I love this look.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0AA0C3B9-8AD3-42B1-9355-713DA935F725.jpeg DE41F5CF-9DE3-4B3F-B50F-844B5D026BD2.jpeg E7C38C1D-D452-4BFC-9549-30798234B297.jpeg Uhm total impulse buy, got it today while walked by their brand new SF store and LOVE it with my wedding band! Originally thinking I will get the smallest band, but it kinda got lost on my size 53 finger... love it on its own too!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0AA0C3B9-8AD3-42B1-9355-713DA935F725.jpeg DE41F5CF-9DE3-4B3F-B50F-844B5D026BD2.jpeg E7C38C1D-D452-4BFC-9549-30798234B297.jpeg Uhm total impulse buy, got it today while walked by their brand new SF store and LOVE it with my wedding band! Originally thinking I will get the smallest band, but it kinda got lost on my size 53 finger... love it on its own too!

Wow, that really is a perfect fit! Do you have pics of the XS size? I’m thinking of both sizes and I’m leaning toward your size (small?) because I’m worried that the XS will get lost on my size 56 finger.

Post more pictures!! :kiss2:

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love all your rings. I want to get one but am hoping to find one pre-owned. I think I want the xs to wear with my solitare but not sure what size. I have read get your regular size and also to size down 2 sizes. Any suggestions?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love all your rings. I want to get one but am hoping to find one pre-owned. I think I want the xs to wear with my solitare but not sure what size. I have read get your regular size and also to size down 2 sizes. Any suggestions?

I have a trinity ring in size 51, which is at about 5.25. Usually I wear 5 in a solitaire or in an eternity, but with wider rings or with rings I want to stack I need 5.25. So I think you should rather size up, but surely not size down.
I hope, it helps!

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have to say I was surprised also

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech sorry I didn’t take any pictures of the smallest band. It was pretty apparent that I needed the wider one. And I needed to get out of the city before trapped traffic! And @mdmc I normally wear size six, the 53 is a 6.25

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I love everyone’s trinity rings!! :love: I pretty much always wear my xs nowadays but keep scouring ebay in hopes of finding a 3mm set that will fit.

F1B23F38-B69B-4B74-94BD-80A91F56C288.jpeg
1BAACF72-CD5B-40A5-BDDB-97720BEACCAE.jpeg
Stonewell that is a beautiful set! I really like your solitaire with the xsmall trinity! Humm... now you got me thinking about that...so is your solitaire rose gold? How were you able to match the gold with your trinity? Because it really matches well!
-C4C

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stonewell that is a beautiful set! I really like your solitaire with the xsmall trinity! Humm... now you got me thinking about that...so is your solitaire rose gold? How were you able to match the gold with your trinity? Because it really matches well!
-C4C
Thanks @Crazie4Cuts, I’m pretty thrilled with my set currently. :kiss2: I have several bands to stack, but often feel like it ends up looking too thick or overwhelms the solitaire. So, the trinity gives me the sense of stacking without adding a lot of width.

Yes, the solitaire is entirely rose gold and set in JAs modern tulip setting. And tbh, I hadn’t planned how the shades of rose gold would work out - I just got really lucky!

Last edited:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that really is a perfect fit! Do you have pics of the XS size? I’m thinking of both sizes and I’m leaning toward your size (small?) because I’m worried that the XS will get lost on my size 56 finger.

Post more pictures!! :kiss2:

I have a skinny (xs) in a size 56 that I wear on my middle finger. I can take a pic if that would help for size. I have the small for my ring finger too. I’m a Trinity lover. Lol

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a trinity ring in size 51, which is at about 5.25. Usually I wear 5 in a solitaire or in an eternity, but with wider rings or with rings I want to stack I need 5.25. So I think you should rather size up, but surely not size down.
I hope, it helps!

Isn’t the 51 a size 5.75? I use to own a 51 but sold it. So I can’t double check the size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results