shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier SA loved my stone from JA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally get it...I have friends in retail who worked hard to make a living and had customers who took their time repeatedly and never purchased, or purchased and returned all of the time. The clients in question definitely got a reputation, and then, nice as the SA''s wanted to be, they simply could not deal with this type of client over and over. I was in Saks the other day, and this woman was monopolizing an SA''s time over some little item. I wanted to pay for my stuff and leave, the store was crowded due to a gift card with purchase event and my SA has people who were waiting for her specifically. FInally this woman left, and my SA confided to me that she is known for taking up tons of time, not buying, or buying and returning things, wanting to credit different charge cards than she used to buy the item (not allowed by the credit card companies) and just generally is not fair to people working on a commission basis. We are all human, I would be nice to all, but certainly if someone came in constantly and did that stuff, I am not sure I would be jumping up and down to assist them...it is a two way street! But it is nice to hear that certain stores, ones that might be perceived as tending toward elitist behavior, are not truly that way.

alamb

Rough_Rock
Diamondfan - Yeah, I can see what you mean when you put it that way. That would be annoying!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez, decodelighted, and diamondfan I totally agree. I used to work in retail in china, crystal, housewares, and I can''t tell you how many people came in seemingly just to tell me about their ''stuff'' while browsing, like ''oh this Waterford is nice, I have a full set of blahblahblah at home where I also have blahblahblah.'' I quickly learned that this type of shopper super rarely bought anything and generally wasted hours of my time. Salespeople are human too and sometimes get in a bad mood - its really tough being all nice and friendly to ever last person who walks in when 1) you might have had a real stinker just leave and 2) you probably can pick out your core customer - like if you''re in the shoe department at Saks and a woman walks in already wearing Manolo Blahniks its not a stretch to assume she''s may buy more. I''m sure in jewelry people check to see what you''re already wearing. I''m not saying you shouldn''t be treated well regardless but these jobs generally have a big commission component and even if the store is dead someone else might wander in.

I didn''t read decodelighted''s post directed towards anyone in particular - I think she was commenting on what some people do.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I completely agree with the point that SAs need to allocate their time efficiently, and always tell them if I''m just browsing.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Winter, that is why it takes a patient type to do well in retail. Look, sometimes I want to browse, I am getting my ducks in a row and want to do my homework on something, or I have some free time, and I might be in a chattier mood and like that the SA is also. But, I would not do that on a hugely busy Saturday during a sale or whatnot, when it is clearly not the time. I try to have respect that way, and know that people can have a bad day, both customers and employees, you never really know what is going on in someone''s life. I would prefer professionalism, and hope that the SA can behave appropriately, but again, sometimes someone is just having a bad day. I would never make it in retail. Though MOST of the time I am very friendly and outgoing and like to chat with people...(the best way to embarass a teenager is to strike up a conversation with a random stranger!!!)... I can be a bit too sensitive and not all that patient sometimes. Having to deal with rude customers who think they are entitled to anything they want (and I have seen these people up front and personal, thankfully not often but still...) well, I do not think I would always be perfect in my actions and attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results