shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier love ring authentic?

shally

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,i’ll like anyone to kindly please weigh in on the authenticity of this Cartier ring as seller has no proof of authenticity and insists ring is authentic.thank you very much in advance. A6F2BD13-A2AB-4E14-B6A6-8A2D0B3ACA4C.jpeg 596AD815-9838-462F-98DD-A91670C168E0.jpeg CC1BFA18-AC8C-457B-83A6-355B43307A9D.jpeg 0FB3CC1B-3A5F-4A48-8255-D95BB8DBC650.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately Cartier rings are amongst the most “faked” items out there. Unless you are buying from a reputable vendor and have the appropriate paperwork, you need to be very wary.
Cartire doesn’t offer an authentication service so you can’t check with them.
One way to tell if it is at least genuine 18ct gold is that the weight for a size 54 Cartier Love ring is 7.1 grams. If it is that weight it’s more likely Cartier and if not it’s at least real 18ct gold.

shally

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately Cartier rings are amongst the most “faked” items out there. Unless you are buying from a reputable vendor and have the appropriate paperwork, you need to be very wary.
Cartire doesn’t offer an authentication service so you can’t check with them.
One way to tell if it is at least genuine 18ct gold is that the weight for a size 54 Cartier Love ring is 7.1 grams. If it is that weight it’s more likely Cartier and if not it’s at least real 18ct gold.

Awww,thank you so much!was literally praying for a response.the seller keeps pressuring me to pay but she doesn’t have any paperwork so I was thinking I could use the engravings to find out the authenticity.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
It makes sense for a you to want time to think / attempt to verify authenticity before purchase.

Be wary of fake Cartier and be even warier of a seller who is pressuring you to pay before you are comfortable.

shally

Rough_Rock
It makes sense for a you to want time to think / attempt to verify authenticity before purchase.

Be wary of fake Cartier and be even warier of a seller who is pressuring you to pay before you are comfortable.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: Kya

shally

Rough_Rock
I’ll still appreciate if anyone could help authenticating with the informant in provided,thank you. 3BBD07CD-4ACF-443B-A446-9E1F5ECEF3B1.jpeg

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
I’ll still appreciate if anyone could help authenticating with the informant in provided,thank you. 3BBD07CD-4ACF-443B-A446-9E1F5ECEF3B1.jpeg

The markings look very good.

shally

Rough_Rock
@m51galaxy I really appreciate your response,infact I’m glad however will you advice I go ahead with the purchase?thank you.

shally

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure where you are purchasing the ring from - but does the seller have a long history with positive feedback? Does the seller accept

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@shally have you asked the seller to send you a pic on a scale showing it's 7.1 grams weight like Bron suggested?

shally

Rough_Rock
@Mrs_Strizzle i have but she says she doesn’t live close to a jeweler that can do that.thank you.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Some things to contemplate:

-If the price is anywhere near the retail at Cartier - buy from Cartier. You will then know it is an authentic piece and you will have all paperwork in case you decide to sell the ring in the future

-Buying used from a site such as Anns Fabulous Finds / Fashionphile - where you may get original paperwork or at a minimum the item is authenticated as original

shally

Rough_Rock
I understan
Some things to contemplate:

-If the price is anywhere near the retail at Cartier - buy from Cartier. You will then know it is an authentic piece and you will have all paperwork in case you decide to sell the ring in the future

-Buying used from a site such as Anns Fabulous Finds / Fashionphile - where you may get original paperwork or at a minimum the item is authenticated as original

I understand but I was just hoping guys here could help authenticate,thanks.

shally

Rough_Rock
@m51galaxy I really appreciate your response,infact I’m glad however will you advice I go ahead with the purchase?thank you.

Hi there!thanks for your response,it was sold by the time I had made up my mind to purchase it but the person who purchased authenticated and found it was real,thanks again:),I guess I’ll try again soon.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Who told you the person who purchased it had it authenticated and it was real? Authenticated from where?

shally

Rough_Rock
Who told you the person who purchased it had it authenticated and it was real? Authenticated from where?

She had it cleaned at the Cartier store:)

shally

Rough_Rock
Okay.

Reactions: Kya

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there!thanks for your response,it was sold by the time I had made up my mind to purchase it but the person who purchased authenticated and found it was real,thanks again:),I guess I’ll try again soon.

hello Shelly

i have never seen any Cartier pieces for real that i am awear of but i have seen a lot of threads just like yours in the realitivly short time ive been on PS

I would say saving even half price off a new one is not worth the stress and anxity not to mention the potenional finacial hit
There just seem to be so many really good fakes out there, literly tens of thousands of fakes, and maybe people selling them dont even know they have fakes

please be careful out there

please excuse all my typos, i cant find my glasses

Kya

Shiny_Rock
She had it cleaned at the Cartier store:)

That does not mean it is authentic, that means the SA who was there cleaned the ring.
Cartier does not officially authenticate items prior to cleaning.

Also, who followed up with this information? I would find it interesting for a seller to follow up with a prospective buyer to inform that the person who ended up buying had the item authenticated... Generally once a sale is completed, the seller moves on. Having been scammed once myself, This is making my scam radar beep pretty loudly

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of those "If you have to ask..."

If it's a good price, I would assume that it's fake.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs well…I was assuming that is why this forum was created.thanks anyway.

I don't know what this means. This forum isnt an authentication site. The ring is likely fake.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
It might be, might not be. Pay whatever you think a knock-off is worth, because that's most likely what it is

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results