shape
carat
color
clarity

Carre Diamond Eternity Band Question

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
That’s gorgeous, @RayRay! I really like the marquis band. I was browsing Leslie’s posts last night and she has them in sapphire, ruby and emerald too. I’m sorely tempted but trying to stick to finding a carre band first. How wide is your marquis band and it’s a full hoop?

@Fabfashion - yes full eternity and 3mm wide. As you can see I love marquise bands! I can take a pic in the sunlight if you’d like, they appear a little darker here. 1FA15133-2608-440C-85E1-4B3AE312C3AB.jpeg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Fabfashion Thank you! I took some pics with a round band to help show size perspective. The round is 2mm wide and 1.63mm high. The carre is 2.37mm wide and 1.88mm high. I was surprised the size difference was so small. To me, the carre seems to have more presence. Maybe because it is a wall of diamonds and the round has airspace?

Sorry I was confusing about suggesting you search for asscher and square emerald. I wasn’t suggesting you actually look at those cuts. During my search for PL bands it seemed like multiple vendors weren’t familiar with the term carre and listed them as asscher or square emerald. It’s kind of a pain to look thru everything that pops up searching that way, but you may find a carre band that isn’t listed as carre.

68DAC078-C9E3-4E59-BA35-B9E545A97686.jpeg

Attachments

• CE9D8CD8-A781-4B74-BFC6-0673C109E299.jpeg
    CE9D8CD8-A781-4B74-BFC6-0673C109E299.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 18
  • FC37DCF7-D3E6-4355-88A7-32E2010EA002.jpeg
    FC37DCF7-D3E6-4355-88A7-32E2010EA002.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 18

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabfashion Thank you! I took some pics with a round band to help show size perspective. The round is 2mm wide and 1.63mm high. The carre is 2.37mm wide and 1.88mm high. I was surprised the size difference was so small. To me, the carre seems to have more presence. Maybe because it is a wall of diamonds and the round has airspace?

Sorry I was confusing about suggesting you search for asscher and square emerald. I wasn’t suggesting you actually look at those cuts. During my search for PL bands it seemed like multiple vendors weren’t familiar with the term carre and listed them as asscher or square emerald. It’s kind of a pain to look thru everything that pops up searching that way, but you may find a carre band that isn’t listed as carre.

68DAC078-C9E3-4E59-BA35-B9E545A97686.jpeg

Thanks for the pics! You’re right about the carre, it does have more presence and the round looks more delicate. I wonder how the stack would look if one ring sits higher than the others—I guess I should check that they’re not too far off in terms of height. Thank you on the clarification on the asscher/step cut. I know what you meant as I‘ve noticed that some vendors have no clue or may be they just want to use a more generic term for consumers who may not be aware of carre cut (like me until a few months ago when I saw all these lovely pics on this forum :)). I sometimes just search for diamond eternity and look through all of them. I think I’m going to need stronger glasses soon.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabfashion - yes full eternity and 3mm wide. As you can see I love marquise bands! I can take a pic in the sunlight if you’d like, they appear a little darker here. 1FA15133-2608-440C-85E1-4B3AE312C3AB.jpeg

Oh wow! These are gorgeous! :love: I like them stacked together. I’d love to see how they look in sunlight, please and thank you. On Leslie’s post her ruby band looks pink. Are they red in person?

I’m thinking that for my stack, I’d like (1) a carre band, (2) a marquis in ruby or emerald and (3) a band of alternating carre diamond and light blue Ceylon sapphire. I’m not sure if an emerald band will go well with a Ceylon sapphire band or may be a ruby marquis band will be better. Leslie also has a marquis diamond alternating with carre/french cut? GS band (4 below) that I’m considering instead of all marquis. Thoughts? She has too many yummy bands!

6E7F3D4B-F6D0-4FA8-AAD5-802705BEFF5D.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to take a vote to see what you think I should get:

1. Full eternity carre band, 3 mm, about 4 pointer per stone
2. Half eternity carre band, 4 mm, about 10 pointer per stone (similar to the carre band in the middle of the image in my previous post)

These may be available in the next couple of months. I couldn’t decide. Help please!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to take a vote to see what you think I should get:

1. Full eternity carre band, 3 mm, about 4 pointer per stone
2. Half eternity carre band, 4 mm, about 10 pointer per stone (similar to the carre band in the middle of the image in my previous post)

These may be available in the next couple of months. I couldn’t decide. Help please!

I think if you love the look of a full eternity you might be disappointed w a half. But I loooove the look of a half eternity w engraving on the metal in the back (like the middle one you posted last)

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you love the look of a full eternity you might be disappointed w a half. But I loooove the look of a half eternity w engraving on the metal in the back (like the middle one you posted last)

@lovedogs, I love the look of the half eternity with the engraving too, it’s so pretty. If it has a plain band, I wouldn’t be so interested. That’s what makes this so hard. I’m also not used to stacking so am kinda drawn to a wider band. I have a 4 mm princess cut band that I wear on its own so I like the size but I don’t stack it with anything else. I know 1 mm may not be a huge difference but I don’t have a lot of real estate on my finger if I want to stack 3 bands.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, I love the look of the half eternity with the engraving too, it’s so pretty. If it has a plain band, I wouldn’t be so interested. That’s what makes this so hard. I’m also not used to stacking so am kinda drawn to a wider band. I have a 4 mm princess cut band that I wear on its own so I like the size but I don’t stack it with anything else. I know 1 mm may not be a huge difference but I don’t have a lot of real estate on my finger if I want to stack 3 bands.

If you want to stack I'd go 3mm.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock

Agree, 3mm for stacking. I think you’ll need to decide how you want to wear it, stacking or alone, before you decide the width.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

Agree, 3mm for stacking. I think you’ll need to decide how you want to wear it, stacking or alone, before you decide the width.

@lovedogs and @RayRay, I agree with you both. When I tried on my 4mm princess band, I could add another 2 bands but only thinner ones or the stack got too close to my knuckle. My finger looked like a stuffed sausage. Lol.

My only concern is that the 3 mm has 0.4 ct carre—can you see the step cut clearly? @RayRay, yours looks very clear.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs and @RayRay, I agree with you both. When I tried on my 4mm princess band, I could add another 2 bands but only thinner ones or the stack got too close to my knuckle. My finger looked like a stuffed sausage. Lol.

My only concern is that the 3 mm has 0.4 ct carre—can you see the step cut clearly? @RayRay, yours looks very clear.

I would just be careful to ask the vendor for pics that arent crazy close up so you can see how clear the faceting is

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I would just be careful to ask the vendor for pics that arent crazy close up so you can see how clear the faceting is

Great idea! Makes total sense. Thanks, @lovedogs. Most pics are so zoomed in, everything looks beautiful and huge.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea! Makes total sense. Thanks, @lovedogs. Most pics are so zoomed in, everything looks beautiful and huge.

Exactly. So make sure to ask for pics that are both zoomed in (to see faceting) and further away to make sure it doesn't just look shiny wihout any definition. I'm excited for you :) :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results