shape
carat
color
clarity

Carat size for a small hand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of diamonds playing across the face..I was on the plane this last weekend and I counted about 100+ rainbow sparkles on the plane wall from my ring, some were huge and some were small. It was the most I'd ever seen from my little baby!

The stewardess was gasping 'Is that your ring?! Oh let me see!'. I was completely entertained (to the relief of the fiance) for almost half the flight playing with the ring and the sun..until an evil cloud came over and stole the sun for the remainder of the flight..boo.
sick.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/5/2003 5:34:21 PM Mara wrote:

I was completely entertained (to the relief of the fiance) for almost half the flight playing with the ring and the sun
----------------

LOL! I sometimes find myself sitting in my office staring at my rings, and I have to pretend I'm doing something else if someone walks in. I just *know* they'd think I was just being obnoxiously vain!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! I sometimes find myself sitting in my office staring at my rings, and I have to pretend I'm doing something else if someone walks in. I just *know* they'd think I was just being obnoxiously vain!

-------

Well, my coworkers already think I'm odd because I keep windex and a baby toothbrush in my desk for 'daily ring cleanings'..I'm sure they wouldn't blink an eye if they caught me lollygagging while drooling on my ring.

Office lights and diamonds sure are fun!

naughty.gif
love.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hey hey you two! is ANY work getting done?
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No! Didn't we make it clear that all we do is stare at our rings all day?
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/5/2003 5:58:15 PM Mara wrote:

No! Didn't we make it clear that all we do is stare at our rings all day?
2.gif

----------------

Now 69gem, you know how your FINANCEE spends her time at work!

I had a bug fly into my ring the other day.....it was weird. It was twilight. He flew to the light.

But then, Hest88, he didn't fly into me....maybe I *should* wear more makeup!
wink2.gif
9.gif

Oh, the perils of middle age. Funny, what time do you young'un's eat dinner. A friend gave me a "scolden' because I didn't want resevations past 7:30. Geez, how many cocktail can you drink before eating dinner?

69gm

Shiny_Rock
you guys are all too funny! LMAO!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

We eat late..at 9pm...because of my kickboxing classes and his hobbies (aka music or bio classes etc). It's a bit late for some...but we're used to it!
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Late addition on this thread.

When I was young,.... Anyway, on to hands. I have long, willowy arms, hands, and fingers. I used to wear a size 4. But time and pregnancies take their toll. I've grown to a ring size 5.5/5.75/6 depending on the width and thickness of the band.

I've been trying out my pendant diamond, a .766 carat at 6 mm diameter, that looks larger than most 1 carat maul cuts, on my hand. I think it looks maaahhhvelous! But, I'm a more sedate and retiring type person. Just ask anyone here!
2.gif

Seriously, tho, if you can't feel out your gal, I would tend to go with the "Look" of diamonds your friends are getting. If they are getting Maul store 1 carats, you can easily go .9 Ideal Cut and look larger. If they are getting decent cut 1.25 carats, then you are in the right place to get a wonderful diamond that is sure to outshine all others! A 1.15 carat might look huge compared to their 1.25 carats.

Shrinkage does occur! It is real!
1.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
PQ,

"But time and pregnancies take their toll"..........

hmmmm........ "Pregnancies"...ok...I understand...
but "time".......hmmm....no.....are you trying to say
that because we are getting older, we are increasing in weight???

so what, I'll be 400lbs in 40 years!!!!

Trichrome.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/6/2003 8:31
6.gif
2 AM trichrome wrote:

PQ,

Trichrome.
----------------

As we get older our metabolism slows down. Fortunately at the same time we do not eat as much. So, our weight is gaining slowly until you reach the age you just eat apple pudding :razz:

Unfortunately in my case, my metabolism has been slow since I was born. I've to do a lot (A LOT) of exercise to loose weight.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
6.gif
2 AM trichrome wrote:

PQ,

....are you trying to say

Trichrome.
----------------

The simple law of gravity.
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
6.gif
2 AM trichrome wrote:

PQ,

Trichrome.
----------------

LOLOL Not what I meant at all!
2.gif

After my son was born, I lost all the weight, but never got back to the same clothes or shoe size. After the twins,.... Well, that was a different story all together. Two full term, healthy 7 pounders at one time was almost more than my poor body could bear. Once your body is spread out the size of the side of a barn, that girlish figure never seems to come back. LOLOL
3.gif

I was able to wear my size 4 rings after son was born. I had to them off at about 3 months into the twins pregnancy and couldn't get them back on after the girls were born. I finally resigned to have them resized to 5.5 about 6-8 months after the girls were born. Never did figure that one out. My hands don't look bigger to me, but I guess they must be.
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results