shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''''t wait to have this set...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

burnban35

Rough_Rock
I go next Friday to have my SQH&A from GOG set into my Facets shared prong set. I have been quietly admiring all of the beautiful rings on this forum and I am so excited to have taken a couple of somewhat decent pictures to share with everyone. The information found on this site was extremely helpful in making my decision on the vendors to use. I couldn''t be happier.

formerly Burnban35

SQH&A1.JPG

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Another...

SQH&A2.JPG

burnban35

Rough_Rock
last one of the SQH&A...

SQH&A3.JPG

burnban35

Rough_Rock
The shared prong trio...

burnban35

Rough_Rock
ooops...

mmssptrio.JPG

burnban35

Rough_Rock
last one...

mmssptrio2.JPG

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, WOW....How exciting!!
36.gif
It''s going to be stunning!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous diamond! What are the specs? It is going to look phenomenal in that scrumptious setting! Can''t wait to see it all put together.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is going to look amazing!! Please post hand shots when it''s ready!
30.gif
30.gif

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Thank you Marvel and Sundial...Here are the specs (I had included the Sarin #s and GIA #s in an earlier post. The difference is very little.) I''ve also included the link to the diamond w/ all the info to include brilliance scope.

SQH&A purchased from GOG.

.93ct H VS1
5.41mm X 5.41mm X 3.99mm (GIA says 5.42 X 5.40 X 3.98)
Depth = 73.8% (GIA says 73.7%)
Pavillion Depth = 45.1%
Pavillion Angle = 41.0
Crown Height = 14.2%
Crown Angle = 34.1
Table = 56.7% (GIA says 58%)
Girdle = 1.6%
No Culet
No FL
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very Good
Thin to Extremely Thick Faceted

http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_93ct_hvs1_sqha.htm

Signed Pieces/Facets Shared Prong Trio

Two Bands - 3/4 Eternity in Platinum (950)
Size 6
Round Brilliant
#of Diamonds 19
Cut - Ideal to Premium
Color - F to G
Clarity - VVS to VS
.81 Carat wt.

E Ring - 3/4 Eternity in Platinum (950)
Size 6
Round Brilliant
#of Diamonds 18
Cut - Ideal to Premium
Color - F to G
Clarity - VVS to VS
.75 Carat wt.

The depth and girdle on the diamond are quite normal for the SQH&A. I was not worried about the spread on this. I know it faces up smaller than many other shapes would at this ctwt. I wanted a square that performed well and that''s exactly what Charlie helped me choose.

However, I''m debating on sandwiching the e-ring with the bands. I will most likely wear them at the bottom like in the photo or wear one on my right hand. I initially only wanted one band but for the price I couldn''t resist adding another. I bought it with the idea that I can be extremely flexible in how I choose to wear them. (And honestly the husband said go ahead - how could I not? He started this whole process at Zales in the Mall...boy was he in trouble when I found GOG and Pricescope.) My diamond may get lost between these two bands...Husband wasn''t keen on the idea to upgrading the center stone already...
11.gif

Thanks for looking everyone...M.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
I would not be able to wait either!!!! It is just beautiful and I looooove the square H & A!!!

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2005 10:38:02 AM
Author: curlygirl
Oh wow, that is going to look amazing!! Please post hand shots when it''s ready!
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks curylgirl. I will. Next Friday I take it to finish the appraisal (on the set) and have him set the diamond. He''ll do this while we wait. Well...while we catch lunch and a movie. I was lucky to find a Master Gemologist an hour away.

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2005 10:53:02 AM
Author: tat2db
I would not be able to wait either!!!! It is just beautiful and I looooove the square H & A!!!
Thanks. I absolutely fell in love with it when I saw it. I can''t stop pulling it out to look at it. From what I gather, that''s normal...right?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That is a going to be a stunning set! Congrats you lucky girl!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a beautfiul stone and I love the setting from Facets!!!!! It will be positively stunning!!!! Can''t wait to see the hand pics!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s going to be absolutely stunning. I love the Facets setting. Everytime i see a setting like like, it makes me want one too.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is my favorite facets setting and you stone is yummy. I can''t wait to see pics of your new set...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that ring will be beautiful
30.gif
10.gif
just don''t get to see many SQ H&A stones.
36.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW that is going to be a gorgeous set!!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Everything is just gorgeous!!

Can''t wait for the stone to be set!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OOOOH!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Like DF said, we don''t get to see too many square H&A beauties around here. LOVE IT!

MORE PHOTOS, please!!!!
31.gif

Lynn

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Just lovely.....I really like what you have chosen and can''t wait to see the end result!
36.gif
36.gif

Heather

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I will be sure to post pics at the end of the week. My husband and I plan to make a day of it in Austin while we wait for the jeweler to set it. I''m even bringing my camera to get some day shots before we head back home. My husband says I''ve been obsessed with this whole process and threatened to send it back this weekend!
39.gif
Can you imagine? I have to remind him if it weren''t for my research we wouldn''t have known any better and we would have winded up with a 1ct Marquise SI2 H IGI cert. from Zales....for $1000+ more than we paid for this baby.
6.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a beautiful set! I saw someone in a restaurant with a similar set, and it lit up the room. Keep your sunglasses with you when you get it!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is going to look grrrreat!

too cool! i love austin, you will have a great time there. can''t wait to see it finished!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s going to be amazing. I can''t wait.

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Okay...I had my ring appraised and set. Here is one of the pictures taken on the drive home. I''m gonna try for some different shots tomorrow.

FinallySet.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, It looks fabulous!!!!!!! You must be so psyched!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
WOW that turned out fabulous!!! Looks incredible on your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results