shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''''t...Pull...Trigger...Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hema_guy

Rough_Rock
I''m pretty sure that these are the stats I want. Am I missing anything on this? To me (uninformed) this looks like a good diamond at a good price, but what do I know?

0.90-Carat Round Diamond, Ideal-cut, G-color, and VS1-clarity
Table: 56%
Depth: 62.2%
Crown Height: 15.1%
Crown Angle: 34.7''
Pavilion Depth: 42.9%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8''
Girdle: 1.8% - 2.3% Faceted
6.14x6.17x3.83 mm

1.4HCA

It''s $5,421.

I can''t wait until all this is over...and nothing is left but our love and my monthly payments...

Thanks,
Hema

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks like a good one from the numbers. The one thing I would note is that the depth is a bit deep at 62.2% for my taste, but that is a small thing and not everyone would be as anal as I am anyhow.
9.gif
I would always prefer depth under 62% for a stone on a ring...earrings I would not be as strict on probably.

But the other numbers are good, HCA score is good, did you see it in person? Do you love it? If so, the numbers corroborate your eyes thinking it''s beautiful.

One comment, and this is just me..but I prefer lower clarity, aka SI1 to maximize budget. Have you thought at all about this...you could possibly get a bigger stone? $5400 is alot of money to spend, I would just ensure that it''s got everything you want and nothing you do not.

Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and because I just can't help myself...

There are a bunch of 1c stones out there in G SI range for $5200-5400...here are two that I like the numbers on:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5760403#
1.01 G SI AGS0 Almost ACA stone, check out the IS image..yum! 0.9 EX on HCA for $5392 PScope price

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-13673371
1.01 G SI AGS0 Almost ACA stone, another great IS image.. 1.3 EX on HCA for $5250 PScope price

oh and one from DCD:

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7044128&ref=PS622
1.02 G SI AGS0 Almost H&A, 1.3 EX HCA for $5337 PScope price

So your stone is definitely inline with price for size and price, but as you can see, if you just drop to SI1 clarity, and make sure it's eye clean with white inclusions you cannot see, you can get a 1c stone...

I'm a size lover so I am always trying to figure out how to get bigger for the same buck!
9.gif
Good luck, whatever you decide!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Monthly payment" you say... is this from Blue Nile ?

Anyway, I have to agree with Mara that G/SI1 is a better deal by definition. Of those three, the piece at DCD doesn''t show any sort of inclusions - the pictures can be credited with this much.

And there''s another 1 carat G/SI, about $4500 I would throw on the list: this one It can''t hurt to miss the AGS premium.

Anyway, you don''t have to listen to us: the piece you picked is one super safe bet
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results