shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t find this setting... Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sundevil

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I really want a WG or platinum setting with princess cut channel set diamionds, but the only one I can find on the web is this one from Blue Nile. The problems with the BN setting are:
1) It will only hold a princess cut up to 1.5 ct and I am currently close to purchasing a 1.78
2) It is too expensive... $1850

I found one at a B&M store for $1599 in platinum and $999 in white gold. I am pretty sure that I could do better on the web somewhere, but I have been loking with no success.

Any suggestions?? Also, pls input on the white gold vs. the platinum. I have read hundreds of posts on this and am not sure if the platinum is worth the $$$

Thanks!!

psetting.jpg

sundevil

Rough_Rock
By the way, the diamond I am looking at is:
1.78ct Princess
6.78x6.60x4.78 (1.03 L/W)
Depth: 72.1
Table: 72% (GIA) 73.4% (Sarin)
Crown height: 9.1%
Color: G
SI 2, Eye Clean
Slightly Thick to Thick
EX/VG
~$7500-7700
Attached is an idealscope pic.
This diamond is bigger than I wanted. I was looking for a 1.5 ct but this diamond seems like an excellent deal.
My girlfriends finger is a size 4, so I am a little worried about the diamond being too big. What do you think about the diamond and its size for her finger??
I intend to send it to Mr Atlas for an appraisal assuming you all agree.

Sundevil

idlscope.JPG

sundevil

Rough_Rock
Here is another pic of the diamond.

1.78dia.JPG

granite1

Rough_Rock
try searching in www.sunjewelry.com. The offer many engagement rings and will price separately the settings only.

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
It looks like a fairly straightforward mounting. Have you thought about a custom designer? That would not be an expensive or difficult semi-mount to turn out built around your specific stone.

sundevil

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses!
I had not thought about that really. I was not sure who to talk about regarding custom design, and I figured that "custom" would be much more expensive. Any suggestions on who to talk to about the custom work? I want a quality mounting at an affordable price.

What do you think about the diamond?

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Custom work would seem more expensive usually, but it isn't most of the time.

Designers may charge a premium for thier own time, but all you are paying for is thier own time - we don't have importers, distributors, sales people and commissions adding to the price....

As for who to go to, I don't know what area you are in, but you can always try the internet and see who is out there, there are a bunch of us. I am not sure about the rules, so I won't make personal recommendations by name.

BTW, Is this close to what you are looking for?

View attachment SD1.jpg

sundevil

Rough_Rock
Yes, that setting is very similar to what I was looking for. I think that the only difference is that the one I saw had five diamonds on either side of the center stone, for a total of .5 ct or so.
I will try to look for a list of custom designers, as this in an avenue that I haven't pursued.

Has anyone else here had custom work done by someone that they would recommend?

Also, someone please chime in on my diamond. I am waiting to get that warm fuzzy from you guys before I spend all of this money
1.gif

Thanks!!!
sundevil

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Well, I'm not one of the serious diamond guys around here, but for what it's worth that looks like one hell of a well cut rock to me...

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/2/2004 10:57:42 PM sundevil wrote:

My girlfriends finger is a size 4, so I am a little worried about the diamond being too big. What do you think about the diamond and its size for her finger??

Sundevil----------------

Odds are good it won't be too big
2.gif
. That's not terminology used very often by women when discussing diamonds.
9.gif

I don't know much about princess cuts, but this looks like a beautiful stone. Congrats!

sundevil

Rough_Rock
So, I guess this "diamond shrinkage" phenomenon really takes place, huh?
Hopefully for my pocketbook it takes a while to set in
9.gif

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Try this D Vatche model 542. It is made for about a 1.75 ct center. I have no idea about price, but if you want platnum and channel settings, expect $1800. Yeah, I know, I had "setting shock" as well.

542-b.gif

sundevil

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is a pretty setting. I will take a look at those.

Thanks for the pic
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results