shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t decide on a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I finally have my perfect setting; a setting that almost any wedding band will go with. Tragic, I know. But I just can't decide on a wedding band.

I'm going shopping tomorrow (around B&M stores in Pasadena..don't worry, I'll bring the camera!), but in the meantime, here are my online favorites. I'd love to hear some opinions or even some suggestions, as I'm pretty much open to anything. The one thing I'm really trying to avoid is an eternity band. Oh, and I should stress...the most important thing to me is that the wedding band can stand on its own. I really, really don't want a wedding band that just "matches" my engagement ring.

My engagement ring:

ebreeering1.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
#1. Platinum Art Deco Filigree Band from the 1930s

Pros: Love the filigree, can't beat the price ($350!)
Cons: Possibly too "antique" for my setting? Seems very delicate, and I want something that can hold up to every day wear. Haven't seen IRL (and return policy seems a bit shady).

30sdecoband.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
#2. Platinum Starlight Band, Etienne Perret

1. Pros: Love this look, very unique, comes in 2.5mm (!!!!), Etienne is very nice (and responded to me in 30 minutes on a Saturday!)
2. Cons: Price, haven''t seen it IRL (or even a picture on someone''s hand of 2.5mm)

starlightbandplat.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
#3. Plain platinum band

Pros: Classic
Cons: Not really the unique, wow-when-alone look I *think* I want

plainplatband.jpg

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I like #2 and I think it will stand alone on its own better than #1. What is the finish on #2? It looks like it has a matte or cystal finish to it.

I will look around for some bands that may match as well. I am guessing you''re trying to stay in the 2.5mm range?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm opening the forum to you, ladies and gentlemen. Please, help me make up my mind! My fiance is MUCH pickier than I am about jewelry (mostly because he's not a fan) and he's chosen his.

Date: 1/15/2007 12:14:20 AM
Author: jamiesorr
I like #2 and I think it will stand alone on its own better than #1. What is the finish on #2? It looks like it has a matte or cystal finish to it.

I will look around for some bands that may match as well. I am guessing you're trying to stay in the 2.5mm range?

If I were to go with #2, I'd get the polished finish. And I definitely need to stay around the 2.5mm range. My short little fingers just don't have the room for much bigger!
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #2 as well. I think it would compliment your e-ring beautifully. It''s soooo pretty!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 12:18:50 AM
Author: zoebartlett
I like #2 as well. I think it would compliment your e-ring beautifully. It''s soooo pretty!!

I think so too! But I''d have to see it with my e-ring before making that splurge. A store near me (well, 2 hours away) carries his jewelry, but I''m not sure if they carry starlight bands or even if they have the 2.5mm band. I''m calling first thing Tuesday.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go try on a bunch to see what looks good. Also, how about a tiny shared prong eternity band. That would be really pretty.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I know you said you don''t want an eternity band but there was a pretty one on the Harry Winston site. Its the second from the bottom with rounds and baguettes. I couldn''t seem to find a picture of it I could save to post.

I still like #2 with the polished finish. Here is one that is similar to it but I don''t know if I am feeling it. Its a 5 stone Scott Kay.

5 stone scott kay.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #3 hehe - I''m such a fan of classic plain bands - it will look lovely with your e-ring and will stand up to a century of fashion whims. You can always get an anniversary band someday that bends more to trends, but you''d always have your wedding band that will NEVER go out of style!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
just gotta comment on the irony - you had this gorgeous and I mean beautiful e-ring and couldn''t find ANY bands you like with it and now you have an e-ring that has TOO MANY options!! haha

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:18:28 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
just gotta comment on the irony - you had this gorgeous and I mean beautiful e-ring and couldn''t find ANY bands you like with it and now you have an e-ring that has TOO MANY options!! haha

I know, right? But I couldn''t be happier with my updated setting. I look at it every day with a feeling of complete and utter contentment. But too many choices? Definitely.

jamiesorr, that Scott Kay band is interesting! It looks to be too wide, though. I wish I had longer fingers.

kcoursolle, for whatever reason, an eternity band wedding ring doesn''t really appeal to me. I might change my mind tomorrow, but as of now, I''d rather have one as an RHR. It''s totally weird, but true.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Ya, sorry that was the 3mm. Here is the 2.5mm by Christian Bauer.

Christian Bauer.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I like #2 best I think.

What do you think about this one from memoire?

memoire2.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Or this one also from memoire?

memoire_rbs.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one too, I found it on the Robbins Bros site.

rbs.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this one, but I''m going to guess that it''s too wide
8.gif

rbs2.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:45:07 AM
Author: jayrenay9
I really like this one, but I''m going to guess that it''s too wide
8.gif

Ooh, I like that one a lot, thanks! It does look wide, though!

I''ve come across so many beautifully engraved bands that I''ve loved, but all three sides are engraved! Nooo! Just the top, please.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:34:32 AM

That one's nice, thanks! In this style, my heart still belongs to the starlight band, though.
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:51:34 AM
Author: EBree

Date: 1/15/2007 1:34:32 AM

That one''s nice, thanks! In this style, my heart still belongs to the starlight band, though.
30.gif
ask him to take a photo of the 2.5mm band!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:57:26 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

ask him to take a photo of the 2.5mm band!

I emailed him earlier tonight with that exact request.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the ones you posted, I like the Starlight band best with your ring. I don''t think antique bands go with it

But my favorite bands posted on the whole thread are the 2 Memoire bands! I almost wish I had seen those before I bought my new one!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that Starlight polished would look great.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
There are no bad choices here, but I have to vote for that lovely Starlight band. It is classy and elegant just like your e-ring with that added extra touch of bling. I think it would be sheer perfection!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
There is something special about a plain platinum band. Tiffany and Cartier have some fantastic quality examples of a highly polished and beauiful plain platinum bands. I suggest looking at their website and admiring the quality of their finish. Obviously, they're a LOT cheaper elsewhere.

However, plain platinum bands are old fashioned and a lot of people now prefer anniversary rings or eternity rings. Personally, I'm not a fan of full-circle eternity or anniversary rings because of the resizing issue - it is also potentiall easier to knock the bottom part of the ring. Which one to choose is more personal preference. Some people argue a plain platinum won't draw attention away from a solitaire whereas if you're going to wear a band on it's own or want something super sparkly, then more diamonds certainly don't hurt.

In the meantime, what do people think of this as a wedding band? The other question is for a 5-6 finger, would you go 2mm , 2.5mm or 3mm?

033annirin234g.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opinions and suggestions, everyone!
9.gif

FH and I went to several jewelry stores today and I tried so many rings on, my poor finger looked like an angry sausage. I didn't take any pictures (*ducks*) because I wasn't thrilled with ANY....until the last ring at the last store we went to. And, of course, the lighting was "eh" at best. I'm actually very glad that we went to try things on in person, because I absolutely know that I don't want an eternity band now. For whatever reason, it just overpowers my finger and my center stone.

FH and I both agreed that a plain platinum band looks good, but the last ring I tried on was similar to Etienne's Starlight Band (2mm) and it was both of our favorites, by far! It was in rose gold too, which was so gorgeous. I think 2mm might be a smidge too small on its own, so 2.5mm it is.

Unfortunately, Etienne doesn't have any other pictures of his 2.5mm Starlight band so I'm going to have to do some serious thinking. It makes me somewhat nervous to order something I haven't tried on, but at least I know I love the style A) on my hand and B) with my e-ring.

If anyone has any other ideas, please, keep 'em coming!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 7:56:49 PM
Author: EBree

Unfortunately, Etienne doesn''t have any other pictures of his 2.5mm Starlight band so I''m going to have to do some serious thinking. It makes me somewhat nervous to order something I haven''t tried on, but at least I know I love the style A) on my hand and B) with my e-ring.

If anyone has any other ideas, please, keep ''em coming!
I know this isn''t what you were looking for, but when I saw it I thought of you - thought I''d share anyway :)

forebree.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the 2.5 Starlight band would be beautiful, Ebree!

Tanalasta, I like the band you posted. I think it is smart to get a band that can be resized. I think the width of the wedding band depends on what the e-ring is like. My finger is 5.5 and my wedding band is 3mm.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
EBree: I have to say I love that Starlight band as well! It''s not matchy-matchy and can stand on its own as well. A close second would be the first Memoire band that was posted.

There is a Starlight band in rose gold posted over in SMTR if you haven''t already seen it, here it is. The band looks a bit wider than 2.5mm but it should give you a good idea of what the rose gold will look like. Just a suggestion.
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results