shape
carat
color
clarity

Cannot find my diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mattykhz

Rough_Rock
Been a while since I posted on here but after a lot of research I have narrowed everything down.

Late last year I went on 3 weeks holiday to South Africa. I was thinking I may get a good deal there but everything worked out more expensive than me buying from the US. I am probably helped by the favourable exchange rate here in the UK.

Whilst in Africa I got to see Hearts and Arrows cut diamonds and I have set my sights on one as I had read all the blurb and when you see one, they seem to gleem and shine so much better than ordinary round brilliants. Often when I asked about cut whilst in Africa I was often referred to round and H&A was not that well known.

So on returning back to the UK I wanted to purchase the H&A AGS0 F VS2 0.84ct I saw on here for $4100 only for it to be sold.

I will keep looking on here and diamondring forum. Insanely there are some in this size on the other forum but when you enquire they are sold. I have been told to check vendors websites daily as none seem interested in letting me know when they have a diamond that meets my criteria, great customer service from those I have experienced NOT !!!!

It does seem hard to get what you want. I can possibly go bigger than 0.84 but don''t want to lower the colour or clarity and definately want a H&A.

Hopefully more will become available now Valentines day is over as I guess Christmas and Valentines Day are the biggest for diamond sales.

If anyone can steer me towards my diamond I would be grateful.

mattykhz

Rough_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big is your budget, for the stone only?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 4:55:49 PM
Author: mattykhz
One good thong that came out of my trip to Africa was that I got handy with a loupe to a point where osme people saifd they would employ me !!!!
6.gif
23.gif
11.gif
31.gif
9.gif

Just kidding!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are quite a few lovely diamonds out there if you are open to changing your preferences ever so slightly. Are you for sure set on the F/VS2 combo? Here are some lovely diamonds I found that aren''t *quite* what you are looking for. G diamonds are still icey white and I don''t see any reason to pay for what you can''t see if you get an eye-clean SI.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=985123
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=939105

I love this one:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=964503

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=974763

The inclusion on this stone is totally prongable:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=944015

mattykhz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the searches. It will be going in Platinum so didn''t really want to go lower than a F. And I haven''t really seen a good SI diamond when looking through a loupe but then cut may have been something to do with it as when in Africa, many facets seems dusty and uneven when looking through a loupe.

Budget is up to $5k for the stone by itself.

On checking the setting, the one I linked to is quite high where as the one we liked sits lower on the top of the finger.

When I have looked at stones in 0.84 F VS2 the per ct price seems to make me think that I can get bigger for my money but it seems often the case is to cut them not as well so you can get a bigger ct size.

Ideally I would like a 0.9 and I have waited this long so can wait longer for one. Just a shame no-one I have spoken to can be bothered to let me know when something of the type of diamond I am after comes in. One didn''t get back to me on ring pricing and when I chased them the stone I had reserved had been sold. Then I get chaser emails if the can help me !!!!

The 0.78 James Allen one looks good but cannot request the cert and its not on there yet. But I can afford a bigger stone so would like to try and get one. The Nice Ice one seems to show H&A but doesn''t state that it is a H&A.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
matty, waiting for a .90 could take awhile, that is a rare size you don''t see often. A .80 or close is going to give you the same visual appearance as a .90.

Also, with regards to a platinum setting, there are many on here with J''s in them and they''re beautiful. While I realize you might not be comfortable with going that low, an G or H at this size would be just fine, no problems.

They''re are also many eyeclean SI1''s, which will also help lower the price.

Just some food for thought.
2.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with Ellen, finding a 0.9 carat stone with your specifications could take a while, maybe even up to a year. That is just not a common size. 0.7 to 0.8 carat stones seem to be more abundant, so if you want to propose soon, you might want to pick a stone in this size range. Also, I don''t know if there would be much visible difference between a 0.78 carat stone and a 0.9 carat stone (they may look almost the same size).

I understand you wanting an F, VS2 or better. I have an F, VS2, and I''m very happy with it. I have lower color and lower clarity diamonds in other jewelry, but I like having a high color and clarity in my e-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results