Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Cannot find my diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mattykhz

Rough_Rock
Been a while since I posted on here but after a lot of research I have narrowed everything down.

Late last year I went on 3 weeks holiday to South Africa. I was thinking I may get a good deal there but everything worked out more expensive than me buying from the US. I am probably helped by the favourable exchange rate here in the UK.

Whilst in Africa I got to see Hearts and Arrows cut diamonds and I have set my sights on one as I had read all the blurb and when you see one, they seem to gleem and shine so much better than ordinary round brilliants. Often when I asked about cut whilst in Africa I was often referred to round and H&A was not that well known.

So on returning back to the UK I wanted to purchase the H&A AGS0 F VS2 0.84ct I saw on here for $4100 only for it to be sold.

I will keep looking on here and diamondring forum. Insanely there are some in this size on the other forum but when you enquire they are sold. I have been told to check vendors websites daily as none seem interested in letting me know when they have a diamond that meets my criteria, great customer service from those I have experienced NOT !!!!

It does seem hard to get what you want. I can possibly go bigger than 0.84 but don''t want to lower the colour or clarity and definately want a H&A.

Hopefully more will become available now Valentines day is over as I guess Christmas and Valentines Day are the biggest for diamond sales.

If anyone can steer me towards my diamond I would be grateful.

mattykhz

Rough_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big is your budget, for the stone only?

Kim N

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 4:55:49 PM
Author: mattykhz
One good thong that came out of my trip to Africa was that I got handy with a loupe to a point where osme people saifd they would employ me !!!!

Just kidding!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are quite a few lovely diamonds out there if you are open to changing your preferences ever so slightly. Are you for sure set on the F/VS2 combo? Here are some lovely diamonds I found that aren''t *quite* what you are looking for. G diamonds are still icey white and I don''t see any reason to pay for what you can''t see if you get an eye-clean SI.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=985123
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=939105

I love this one:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=964503

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=974763

The inclusion on this stone is totally prongable:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=944015

mattykhz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the searches. It will be going in Platinum so didn''t really want to go lower than a F. And I haven''t really seen a good SI diamond when looking through a loupe but then cut may have been something to do with it as when in Africa, many facets seems dusty and uneven when looking through a loupe.

Budget is up to $5k for the stone by itself.

On checking the setting, the one I linked to is quite high where as the one we liked sits lower on the top of the finger.

When I have looked at stones in 0.84 F VS2 the per ct price seems to make me think that I can get bigger for my money but it seems often the case is to cut them not as well so you can get a bigger ct size.

Ideally I would like a 0.9 and I have waited this long so can wait longer for one. Just a shame no-one I have spoken to can be bothered to let me know when something of the type of diamond I am after comes in. One didn''t get back to me on ring pricing and when I chased them the stone I had reserved had been sold. Then I get chaser emails if the can help me !!!!

The 0.78 James Allen one looks good but cannot request the cert and its not on there yet. But I can afford a bigger stone so would like to try and get one. The Nice Ice one seems to show H&A but doesn''t state that it is a H&A.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
matty, waiting for a .90 could take awhile, that is a rare size you don''t see often. A .80 or close is going to give you the same visual appearance as a .90.

Also, with regards to a platinum setting, there are many on here with J''s in them and they''re beautiful. While I realize you might not be comfortable with going that low, an G or H at this size would be just fine, no problems.

They''re are also many eyeclean SI1''s, which will also help lower the price.

Just some food for thought.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with Ellen, finding a 0.9 carat stone with your specifications could take a while, maybe even up to a year. That is just not a common size. 0.7 to 0.8 carat stones seem to be more abundant, so if you want to propose soon, you might want to pick a stone in this size range. Also, I don''t know if there would be much visible difference between a 0.78 carat stone and a 0.9 carat stone (they may look almost the same size).

I understand you wanting an F, VS2 or better. I have an F, VS2, and I''m very happy with it. I have lower color and lower clarity diamonds in other jewelry, but I like having a high color and clarity in my e-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.