shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you use an Ultrasonic Cleaner to often?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 1:38:36 PM
Author: aljdewey

I had it downstairs on the kitchen counter last night.....and hubby, who was upstairs, calls down 'WHAT'S THAT NOISE'.....he thought it was the electronic ignitor on the gas stove!
9.gif
LOL

Alj,
Yes, that is EXACTLY what it sounds like -- the electronic ignitor on the stove top!!! So, you're happy with yours? And what's YOUR "secret cleaning formula"???!!!
2.gif

Lynn

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Mine arrived this morning as I was running out the door so I haven''t had a chance to test it out or even open up the box! Full report after I get home from work...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just used my SI for the first time. I am surprised how small it was. I am not sure how large I thought it would be. I tried FG''s recipe but couldn''t find windex anywhere (I think my FI stole my bottle for one of his rentals) so I used half a cap full of Mr. Clean. Right now I am disstracted by the light rainbows my ring is throwing onto my computer screen! It''s pretty clean! The stone is MUCH cleaner than I could ever do with a brush. I have a EC so any dust or dirt is very noticable. There is a little dirt or something that didn''t get off between the prong and my diamond. Besides that I am very pleased with the results. The stones in my setting are so sparkly clean. Next time I am going to clean my setting with a brush than use my SI. I might actually clean it again just for fun.
2.gif
How is everyone else''s working out?
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It says that you can save the solution (it somes with a cover) do you guys do that or just start fresh everytime?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD I am such a dork, I am so jonesing for this thing that I am going into the office later today to wait for the PO man...hehee.
20.gif
PLEASE COME PLEASE COME.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara- I was so excited. the Mr. Clean/drop of dish soap in warm water worked really, really well. I think I might stick with this combination for awhile.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I followed your lead and calling SI to see where my package was. All he could say is that it is in my "area" and should be delivered today or tomorrow. He even apologized for USPS being so slow.
3.gif
Well, since I already got my mail today without the package, I sure hope it comes tomorrow. Otherwise, I am going to hunt down my mailman and have a little "talk" with him
2.gif
. If I wasn''t so busy today, I would just go down to the PO and pick it up myself.

Oh well, another day, and still waiting... This thing better be worth all this agony!! LOL

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am obsessed. How did I ever get along with this little guy. I just brushed cleaned my e-ring then put it in the SI and it is SOOOO CLEAN! I wear my e-ring nonstop except in the shower so it can get kind of gross. Plus like Mara I put off cleaning so I could really tell. I also put my diamond studs in there.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The ONLY time I have seen them this clean was when they were brand new. They are a basket setting so they are very hard to clean! Even the groves on the post are sparkling clean. So exciting...okay I am done now. I promise.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I throw my cleaning solution out every time, but that''s cuz it''s stuff I have in the house anyway and adds up to like, less than a cent every time I use it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, can someone PM the name of the person they purchased their cleaner from. Didn''t most of you purchase off of ebay?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 1:43:25 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 9/28/2005 1:38:36 PM

I had it downstairs on the kitchen counter last night.....and hubby, who was upstairs, calls down ''WHAT''S THAT NOISE''.....he thought it was the electronic ignitor on the gas stove!
9.gif
LOL

Alj,
Yes, that is EXACTLY what it sounds like -- the electronic ignitor on the stove top!!! So, you''re happy with yours? And what''s YOUR ''secret cleaning formula''???!!!
2.gif

Lynn

Hee hee.....Rich thought I was gonna blow up the house!
9.gif
11.gif

Yes, I''m happy with it....very. The first time I ran it, I only let it go through half the cycle before shutting it off so I could go check to see if it was SUPPOSED to be making those noises! LOL. I louped my ring then, and I could see some black debris by the prongs that had evidently begun to work itself loose.

After confirming the noises were normal, I ran it through the high cycle twice, and the results were FAB! No debris left; pavilions on all 3 stones were clean. The melee in my wedding ring looked amazing!

I think the difference is much more noticeable in low-light situations. It looked fairly the same in brighter conditions, but when I went upstairs and my ring picked up light from the other corner of the room, THAT''s when I really saw the difference.

I think it''s even more evident with the earrings---a major reason I bought it. As Mara said, when we went to play in the vault assault at WF, my earrings looked DULL and film-covered, even though I cleaned them that morning and I NEVER put them in until after I''ve done the whole hair products thing. Still, Brian said that as your hair brushes against your ears during the day, residue does transfer.

I used about 2-3 drops dish liquid (dawn greasecutting), about 12 sprays of windex, and HOT water. Worked like a charm.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 3:11:49 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

I tried FG''s recipe but couldn''t find windex anywhere (I think my FI stole my bottle for one of his rentals) so I used half a cap full of Mr. Clean.
Yeah, Mr. Clean should also work very well, being ammonia based.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 5:02:31 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
Hmmm, can someone PM the name of the person they purchased their cleaner from. Didn''t most of you purchase off of ebay?
I pm''ed you...it''s SI''s ebay store that sells them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
*cry* It''s 3pm here and no mailman yet AT ALL....maybe he made off with my Ultrasonic?! DRAT!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
OK - just cleaned them again - adding a little Mr. Clean........WOW!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks FG, JC, and Stretch!!!...I''m off to purchase mine!
34.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock

Ahhh! I want to get an ultrasonic cleaner now too. I have cash back rebate cc and was thinking about doubling my rewards and getting a Shaper Image gift card to buy a cleaner.

PS is such a bad influence! I want more diamonds and I want them clean all the time! In the "real world" if you clean your diamond(s) once a day you are crazy! My family laughs at me every time they see me cleaning my diamond ring. =P At least here on PS, I don''t feel so nuts. =)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OKAY UPDATE.

I called to harass the PO about an hour ago to find out what was going on since we haven''t gotten the mail yet and normally they come between 1-2pm...they just called me back and said that my carrier called in so she asked him...he DOES have a package for me but he is just running VERY LATE. Sheesh! It''s 5pm here now. So hopefully it will be any minute. GAWD! I''m afraid to go walk the dog even!

thelittleguy

Rough_Rock
Ha Ha...I love this thread...its so full of action and suspense :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's 6:30 pm already for cryin out loud...anything Mara?

I cleaned my rings again out of angst for you

2.gif
... well, that and the fact it's our 2nd wedding anniversary tonight, so we're going out to dinner!!!
9.gif
LOVE restaurant sparkles!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
she''s either off cleaning her rings....
or she''s in jail for jacking up the postman
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 9:37:21 PM
Author: belle
she''s either off cleaning her rings....
or she''s in jail for jacking up the postman
11.gif

Hoping for A...betting on B.

2.gif
11.gif
23.gif
17.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara I am awaiting your update!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAH I told Belle earlier that I was sure the postman was on some corner up the street busily cleaning his rings and jewelry. When I posted my update here she said he was probably 'quickly boxing it back up'...HAH. Kept me entertained she did!

IT CAME. I snatched the box from the PO...told him that Portia was not vicious (he actually was holding the box in front of him fending her off..hee hee)...and ran inside the house. Quickly showered (worked from home today and was so paranoid about missing the box I was afraid to take a shower!!) and then ran downstairs, read the directions and got to work.

It works fabulously!! My stuff looked just like when WF polished it on our visit and gave it back into our waiting hands. Super sparkly, melee super shiny. I put about 12 sprays of windex, 2 drops of grease-cutting anti-bacterial dish soap, and a bunch of super hot water from the faucet. Ran it twice on High. It's interesting if you actually get down on the level of the jewelry and watch the bubbles coming out of the jewelry, that's GOOD!!!

So then ran to the store for dinner and came back and cleaned everything once more on high (why not!)...it is just great. I got Ammonia and Mr.Clean at the store (I'm nothing if not thorough) so I threw some Mr. Clean in and more hot water for the third time clean. Now I'm about to snatch Greg's ring and clean it too with my stuff for a 4th time. Gotta be SURE yanno. I hope it's okay for titanium and tension set...if not we'll find out!!
31.gif

YAY I LOVE IT!!!! Suspense over. Now who else has to check in? Stretch?

FG, Happy Anniversary..I hope those rings are extra sparkly!!
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
DAMN! I was hoping for a bad review! CRAP!

Oh well. I mentioned ever so subtly to my hubby that Id like the one from Dave Atlas.

What does the inside of the SI one look like? Is it metal or plastic?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s all plastic inside. It comes with a small little dish for putting your stuff in and watches, or you can just put them into the main compartment. I placed them all far apart and they stayed that way though they moved a bit. It''s interesting watching it. Also what I really noticed was that it cleans the metals on the rings in a HUGE way. For example my 10 stone eBay ring, nothing impressive...but WOW the metal is super shiny and smooth and the stones look REALLY GOOD. I don''t even remember it looking this good when it arrived from the vendor!

Even my earring settings are super shiny and sparkly, seriously it makes the metal look like new which just contributes to the beauty of the diamonds looking great too.

For $45 total, I am VERY happy. I didn''t want to spend $75 or $100 or more on something like this so I am very pleased with the results and the cleaner itself (it''s small, cute, easy to put away etc) for the price! I am going to WEAR IT OUT.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweet. Plastic is better than metal for my neurotic brain. I would be doing all of my rings individually. haha! NO movement allowed!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 7:16:24 PM
OK - just cleaned them again - adding a little Mr. Clean........WOW!

I know! Mr. Clean is awesome on diamonds. I''ll have to try some sprays of windex when I buy more. Did you see stuff floating in the water? It was kind of gross.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Could someone please PM me as well with the name of SI's ebay store.....?

Many thanks
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results