shape
carat
color
clarity

can you use a h&A scope like an idealscope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mm

Rough_Rock
Can you use a H&A scope to measure the light return of a diamond, in the same way you would use an idealscope?

Would this work for all diamond cuts?

Cheers
mm

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
I would doubt it, why would there be two different devices if they served the same purpose?

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Sibelius claims that he can surmise a lot about light return with just an H&A viewer.

I've never been able to get him to divulge his secrets though.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think so... but the reading should be different, with no 'black' showing in the H&A viewer. The number of colors showing through this instruments varies with the design: it's matter of choice between two, three or five, at the moment.
2.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Neither one "measures" light return... The Gems Fantasy Scope is designed to diffuse light using a piece of colored clear filiment to determine whether a diamond exhibits a specific pattern of Hearts & Arrows. The Ideal Scope is designed to determine whether a diamond is "leaking" light - something that was being discussed a few weeks ago on the thread LIght Leakage and Light Return pretty in-depth so there is no need to repeat it all here, check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results