shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you spare some dust for this little guy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH found this little guy looking all skinny and disheveled, looking like he could hardly keep his eyes open, patches of hair missing and some kind of infection on his nose. :((

After a week long stay at the vet and medicine, he was starting to look much better (the picture below is about 10 days after DH found him) even though you could still feel every bone in his little spine and was still lethargic for a kitten.

Yesterday, he was laying on his side, and because he's missing hair on his belly I could really see it, and noticed his breathing seemed kind of...violent. Like his belly, his chest were moving way too much, and probably too rapidly.

I did some quick research and found out that the breathing was likely not normal, and that if it wasn't, it could be serious and quickly turn for the worse.

So I took him to the vet again (a different vet - my usual one.) I could tell by the vet's face that she didn't like what she saw as soon as she saw him. :( And after looking at the xrays she told me he is really sick...her best guess is that it's pneumonia, and that he likely also has mites, but that because of his labored breathing, she didn't want to do a skin scrape, since it was likely to stress him out.

She told me based on how hard he was breathing, how underweight he still is, etc., that he might not make it. :(sad

I was surprised at how much it hurt to hear that, I actually burst into tears and I know this little guy for 3 days (DH had taken him to the vet on his own because he found him in a different area).

He stayed at the vet's all day yesterday so he could get nebulizing treatments and his vitals did improve...so there's a little bit of hope.

Taking him back today in just a few minutes for his second day of nebulizing treatments.

So I have to run, but was hoping you could all send him your love and dust, if you can (I know jordy is going through his own heartache with Chucky who has been a lifetime companion. But I think with all the love here for animals there's probably some left for this little guy).

Here's a quick picture, I'll try to post more later.

2016_1011_lucky.jpg

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh cj he's adorable. Lots of dust, prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Hugs to you, hang in there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh CJ honey, I am so sorry about this little guy and hoping and praying for his full recovery. You and your dh are amazing and this little fur baby was so lucky you found him and are doing everything you can to ensure his recovery. Big hugs to all of you and I am sending bucket loads of healing ***DUST*** this sweet little furbaby's way! He is so precious and darling. (((HUGS))).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor little kitty. I have plenty of dust to go around. *dust* *dust* *dust*

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you SO much everyone. <3

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Such a sweet little face. I am crying after reading your post. Sending "dust" and positive vibes your way..

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks siamese.

Means so much to know you're all thinking of him.

Some more pictures of him.

When DH found him...

20161003_114848-cropped.jpg 20161003_151041_0.jpg 20161004_091044_0.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh CJ, those pics are breaking my heart…Seriously, you and dh are amazing people for doing so much to help this poor little kitty, thank you so much for making such an effort to save him…he is just the sweetest thing, I'm hoping and praying he can recover and I'll be keeping this little guy in my thoughts. Sending love and hugs to everyone and hoping for the best.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope he is O.K!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust dust for kitty! Fight those mites, those viruses! fight fight fight!! :saint: :angel:

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dust, dust, dust! He's such a handsome tuxedo kitty! I hope the little guy pulls through. Some people just don't deserve animals. Thankfully, there are people out there like you who are willing to give them a helping hand.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
june! thank you! <3 ETA and BTW he really is very sweet...so affectionate.

pinto thanks so much for sending little fighter thoughts! he needs it!

thanks arkie!

thanks ladymch! there are so many... :(sad

Thanks all. ((hugs))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad your DH found him when he did! I hope he is able to recover. Sounds like you have a great vet.

Hoping for good news soon!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ...thank you and your DH for being so kind as to rescue him and get him to a good vet. Poor little thing...you can see how bony he
is in the last few pictures. He does have a sweet face and I bet he will be a real lover once he is back to complete health.

Lots and lots of dust that he makes a turn around. I can only think that with medicine, good nutrition, and lots of love that he has to
do better!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Threads like this are so heartbreaking. Of COURSE we all have a ton of dust to spare for you and him! I will be holding him in my thoughts and hope he can overcome the pneumonia.

Q

Queenie60

He will recover! With all of the love and medical care - sending good thoughts and prayers your way. ((((hugs)))))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww, you and DH are so sweet for rescuing this little guy! Good that you got him back to the vet as quickly as you did, and HUGE DUST for his full recovery! FIGHT LITTLE GUY, YOU GOT THIS!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much dust for this sweet sweet kitty, and love and hugs to you and DH for stepping in for this kitty in desperate need. He has a wonderful home to live for now that he is with you! He will fight for that!!!!,,

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TP - not a moment too soon. thank you!

thanks tyty333 - yes he's already so sweet. thank you!

minous - thank you so much!

queenie hugs back to you, thank you!

lovedogs thanks for the good wishes for the little guy!

azstonie! hi! :wavey: thank you! I keep saying to DH that if he doesn't make it my only consolation will be that at least for a short time in his life he felt like he mattered and someone loved him.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, Honey, you are getting him great medical care. Please don't give up on this little sweetheart. He has you and your DH sitting firmly in his camp which shows how luckly the little guy is. We are all rooting and pulling for the little guy and you can tell by looking at him HE IS A FIGHTER! Dust, dust and more dust. Things can turn around in a good way quickly.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of hugs and healing dust from me and Lucky!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So much dust. ((Hugs)) CJ.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of kitty dust. I hope he'll be OK.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of positive dust to kitty. Thanks to you and your hubby for helping him out when he really needed it.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Bucketfuls of dust coming your way for this adorable little guy! Hope he'll be ok.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is he doing?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CJ: When time permits, please let us know how kitty and you and DH are doing. We are thinking dust Dust DUST for tge three of you!!!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Much dust to that sweet little kitty. Who could resist that face?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mega dust coming to your sweet kitty. :wavey:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
DUST!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results