shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you resize a thin pave band up 1 size?

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
My ring size increased after having kids. I tried to shove my platinum, 6.5 size , 2mm eternity band with pave on the top and it got stuck and I had to get it cut off with a blunt tool.

I would love to resize it to 7.25/7.5
I took to my original jeweller said the stones would loose integrity and fall out. He said if anyone else told me different they were lying.

I just want a piece of platinum added to the back of it for resizing. It costs $2000 originally and he said it would be so pricey to increase in size so I should just buy a new one.

Suggestions to salvage it? Picture of similar ring for reference.

Attachments

• C6CAFA9B-4628-4AB1-AD43-DDE64FEE31A2.jpeg
    C6CAFA9B-4628-4AB1-AD43-DDE64FEE31A2.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 29

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
as a reference only, as my eternity isnt the same as yours.
the increase in 1.5 full size for a channel set carre eternity, i had to remake it adding a couple of stones. i forget the cost.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What your jeweller advises is correct. If your diamonds go all the way around changing the diameter ie bigger circular shape puts stress on all the setting claws so yes, diamonds can start popping out.
If you dont mind a slightly off round shape ring, ie slightly elongated at the join, I wonder if you could cut the existing ring into halves and add a plain Platinum bottom section slightly larger to create a bigger ring x 2.
that way you’d have 2 identical ring, each half diamond set.
other than that you would need to either remake the whole ring with extra diamonds or sell the existing ring and put the funds towards a new ring.

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
Thank you !

What your jeweller advises is correct. If your diamonds go all the way around changing the diameter ie bigger circular shape puts stress on all the setting claws so yes, diamonds can start popping out.
If you dont mind a slightly off round shape ring, ie slightly elongated at the join, I wonder if you could cut the existing ring into halves and add a plain Platinum bottom section slightly larger to create a bigger ring x 2.
that way you’d have 2 identical ring, each half diamond set.
other than that you would need to either remake the whole ring with extra diamonds or sell the existing ring and put the funds towards a new ring.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you !

Sorry, this is wrong.
The bigger issue is that you will need to add one diamond and that may make the ring too large.
I make these statements having run a business that I started at the bench. I currently employ 4 top bench jewelers.

ladyva1

Rough_Rock
Thank you Gary

Sorry, this is wrong.
The bigger issue is that you will need to add one diamond and that may make the ring too large.
I make these statements having run a business that I started at the bench. I currently employ 4 top bench jewelers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results