shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you make stackers with prongs?

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
I have three stones I'd kind of like to make stackers out of, a lovely Mahenge spinel, a tsavorite garnet, and a blue sapphire... but I'm afraid to bezel them. The sapphire and tsavorite in particular I think would go very dark in a bezel, though the spinel is such a hot little fireball that it would probably be fine. Is it possible to make stackers with prongs? I'd be afraid the stones would mash each other, and that would be bad, of course!

Another thing I was thinking was to just make "prong stackers" with the spinel and tsavorite, which are the ones I really want to set, and maybe substitute a small brilliant-cut light blue sapphire and bezel that, if I can find one, and make sure that one is always in the middle. But perhaps that would look weird as well!

Here's a very bad pic of the stones I want to stack!

P1030103.JPG

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two prong-set rings that I wear stacked - I bought two of the same ring and replaced the 7x5mm stones with two Tanzanites I had (one more blue, one more purple) - I wear them together because I like to see the two shades next to each other - the only thing that touches is metal - the stones don't touch at all.

But depending on the design of the prong stacker ring setting you go with, you could always include thin-ish spacer bands in-between to guarantee no stone smashing. It sounds like a great project, and I love your stone suite!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I know Sally at Hearts of Water on Etsy has made lovely stackers that are prong set for PS members. I also think that Daniel M could make them too with prongs. I personally really like the look of them. And your stones are gorgeous!

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Thanks marymm and Sarahbear! I must have missed those -- I seem to always see the bezel-set ones. Now all I need to do is save up the money... unfortunately, that's the hard part :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also seen prong set stackers. I wonder if there's any rubbing issues with them?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stones!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
If you set them E-W, there might be less rubbing. I think Daniel M's U-prong setting should work. Those colors look fantastic together!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Would it be possible to put 2 little balls of gold on the sides of each rings to keep them in a specific position with respect to each other?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results