shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me find this antique setting?

pricklypear

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I got my sparkly stone (thank you again Gypsy and RandG!!!), so now it's on to the setting! Nothing super fancy, just an in between antique that I'm really fond of.

At first I thought I was going custom, because I just couldn't find a similar enough setting. But maybe some of you are better at googling than I am! I'm still ready to go custom, though! I just wanted to be sure.

Has anyone seen something similar to the setting below? I was strongly considering buying this ring, but the stone just didn't agree with me. And the stone I have is smaller, so I haven't even asked if I can just buy the setting.

I'll post similar photos to almost-but-not-quite settings next, if that'll help.

Thank you so much!

ring-top2.jpg

ring-profile.jpg

_21799.jpg

pricklypear

Rough_Rock
WhatI like the most about the ring in my first post:

The height/openness of the, uh, sides?

The round/square duality. (I got an antique cushion, so I like that it can get along in both situations!) Many similar settings put a round stone in a square setting, which is interesting, but not what I'm looking for.

The basket/gallery, although I'm afraid I might not be able to pull that off with a smaller stone.

The eight prongs, which I also might not be able to do with a smaller stone.

Now on to the beautiful rings that are close, but not quite The One! Thanks again for your help and opinions!

_21800.jpg

engage-top.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go custom. Those rings are very similar and you dont like them, so i think finding any other ring wont be the trick for you.

but sense we are posting pics, my sister in laws ring is similar. though it was very budget friendly, so im not sure you would want to use this vendor.

73328e0e96d6f5fd38b1941c7c8e3dda.jpg

try contacting CVB Im certain she could remake this

https://www.etsy.com/people/cvbgraphix

pricklypear

Rough_Rock
Thanks Niel!

I remember seeing your sister in law's ring in the forum earlier, and really like Casie's work! I ultimately chose a local jeweler that has a lot of experience with custom designs, because I liked the idea of being able to see the setting in person throughout the process.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pricklypear|1414275764|3772623 said:
Thanks Niel!

I remember seeing your sister in law's ring in the forum earlier, and really like Casie's work! I ultimately chose a local jeweler that has a lot of experience with custom designs, because I liked the idea of being able to see the setting in person throughout the process.
Totally understandable. Everybody has different things they are comfortable with what did you end up with?

pricklypear

Rough_Rock
I'm still working on it. :lol: Currently getting ready for wax round 3!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results