shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you find my "perfect" diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
We are looking to get a round 1.50 carat (1.4-1.6 range) colorless, VS2 or SI1 eye-clean, Ideal/Excellent cut diamond. With a budget of up to $13,000. With these specs can you recommend any diamonds? Been searching myself, but it seems that people on here have A LOT more knowledge. When I find a diamond that I think is good, I realize there are better choices out there. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll keep looking, not sure I''ll find one better than this. It''s a G, but trust me, I have a 1.4 G, and you won''t see any color. Plus, this has strong fluorescence, which, if it doesn''t affect the stone negatively, (hazy in sunlight) will only make this stone look better/brighter.

I would highly recommend calling about this one. And you''ll get the 5% PS discount.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183733.htm#

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a really well cut, beautiful stone. It is so close to a 1.4, you are not going to see the difference in size. If the WF stone doesn''t pan out, or you just want the better color, this is one to get.
2.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2742/

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your findings! Floresence is something that scares me! I don''t know if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 9:22:18 PM
Author: DiamondSeeker7
Thanks for your findings! Floresence is something that scares me! I don''t know if it is a good thing or a bad thing.
Flour is absolutely fine in about 99% of the time. It can even improve the color of lowered colored diamonds. It is very rare that the flour of a diamond actually gives it a hazy or milky appearance. Do a search here for flourescence and you can read a whole bunch of threads about it. Have you read the tutorials here? They talk a bit about this. Also, the tutorials on the goodoldgold.com site are pretty good as well.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 9:22:18 PM
It''s really only bad if it affects the stone, and most times I believe it doesn''t. Do a search on here, there are many with SF stones, and they LOVE them.

And of course, WF will be TOTALLY honest with you on it''s appearance. I have bought from both them and GOG. Both are great, honorable vendors.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I have read that some people say that buying online is a great way to get a great diamonds. Then others have written that specs on papers don''t mean anything unless you see the diamond. I live close to NYC so I am thinking of going to ERD to see some diamonds in person. If I buy from them, do you flat out pay the price they are asking or do you negotiate the price? Thanks

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others that a G would be just fine......

That said, you can get what you''ve mentioned if you''re willing to stretch the budget a bit:

http://www.winkjones.com/specials/diamonds.php

RB 1.57 F ,SI1 $14,341 AGS 61.2 56 0/0/0 Pointed Ideal Ideal Negligible 34.6CA 40.7PA 7.49-7.51x4.59

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d honestly probably choose the WF stone from the three posted. A G with flourescence should look really white, and it is over the 1.5 ct. mark and considerably larger than the E stone. I also prefer it over the more expensive stone from Winfield''s. (I should mention, though, that the discount is about 5% on A Cut Above diamonds, and it is less than that for the others, closer to 2.5%, I think).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 10:54:26 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''d honestly probably choose the WF stone from the three posted. A G with flourescence should look really white, and it is over the 1.5 ct. mark and considerably larger than the E stone. I also prefer it over the more expensive stone from Winfield''s. (I should mention, though, that the discount is about 5% on A Cut Above diamonds, and it is less than that for the others, closer to 2.5%, I think).
Honestly, I gotta agree with this. I''d wholeheartedly go for that WF G, VS2 as well - it''s in your budget and you''ll never see the diff between the G and an F.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I agree that my eye probably wont be able to tell the difference between a F and G color diamond, but my mind will!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 10:54:26 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Thanks ds, I didn''t know that.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2007 9:58:08 AM
I agree that my eye probably wont be able to tell the difference between a F and G color diamond, but my mind will!
In that case, you'll need to either raise your budget or lower the size as 1.5 ct. E or F VS2, SI1 ideal cut diamonds are probably going to be above $13,000. The Good Old Gold and Winfield's stones are good examples of smaller size within the budget or larger size above the budget. All the E/F VS stones at 1.5 cts. I saw were above $15,000.

(ETA: you're welcome, Ellen!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results