Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you find my "perfect" diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
We are looking to get a round 1.50 carat (1.4-1.6 range) colorless, VS2 or SI1 eye-clean, Ideal/Excellent cut diamond. With a budget of up to $13,000. With these specs can you recommend any diamonds? Been searching myself, but it seems that people on here have A LOT more knowledge. When I find a diamond that I think is good, I realize there are better choices out there. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll keep looking, not sure I''ll find one better than this. It''s a G, but trust me, I have a 1.4 G, and you won''t see any color. Plus, this has strong fluorescence, which, if it doesn''t affect the stone negatively, (hazy in sunlight) will only make this stone look better/brighter.

I would highly recommend calling about this one. And you''ll get the 5% PS discount.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183733.htm#

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a really well cut, beautiful stone. It is so close to a 1.4, you are not going to see the difference in size. If the WF stone doesn''t pan out, or you just want the better color, this is one to get.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2742/

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your findings! Floresence is something that scares me! I don''t know if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 9:22:18 PM
Author: DiamondSeeker7
Thanks for your findings! Floresence is something that scares me! I don''t know if it is a good thing or a bad thing.
Flour is absolutely fine in about 99% of the time. It can even improve the color of lowered colored diamonds. It is very rare that the flour of a diamond actually gives it a hazy or milky appearance. Do a search here for flourescence and you can read a whole bunch of threads about it. Have you read the tutorials here? They talk a bit about this. Also, the tutorials on the goodoldgold.com site are pretty good as well.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 9:22:18 PM
It''s really only bad if it affects the stone, and most times I believe it doesn''t. Do a search on here, there are many with SF stones, and they LOVE them.

And of course, WF will be TOTALLY honest with you on it''s appearance. I have bought from both them and GOG. Both are great, honorable vendors.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I have read that some people say that buying online is a great way to get a great diamonds. Then others have written that specs on papers don''t mean anything unless you see the diamond. I live close to NYC so I am thinking of going to ERD to see some diamonds in person. If I buy from them, do you flat out pay the price they are asking or do you negotiate the price? Thanks

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others that a G would be just fine......

That said, you can get what you''ve mentioned if you''re willing to stretch the budget a bit:

http://www.winkjones.com/specials/diamonds.php

RB 1.57 F ,SI1 $14,341 AGS 61.2 56 0/0/0 Pointed Ideal Ideal Negligible 34.6CA 40.7PA 7.49-7.51x4.59

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d honestly probably choose the WF stone from the three posted. A G with flourescence should look really white, and it is over the 1.5 ct. mark and considerably larger than the E stone. I also prefer it over the more expensive stone from Winfield''s. (I should mention, though, that the discount is about 5% on A Cut Above diamonds, and it is less than that for the others, closer to 2.5%, I think).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 10:54:26 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''d honestly probably choose the WF stone from the three posted. A G with flourescence should look really white, and it is over the 1.5 ct. mark and considerably larger than the E stone. I also prefer it over the more expensive stone from Winfield''s. (I should mention, though, that the discount is about 5% on A Cut Above diamonds, and it is less than that for the others, closer to 2.5%, I think).
Honestly, I gotta agree with this. I''d wholeheartedly go for that WF G, VS2 as well - it''s in your budget and you''ll never see the diff between the G and an F.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I agree that my eye probably wont be able to tell the difference between a F and G color diamond, but my mind will!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 10:54:26 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Thanks ds, I didn''t know that.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2007 9:58:08 AM
I agree that my eye probably wont be able to tell the difference between a F and G color diamond, but my mind will!
In that case, you'll need to either raise your budget or lower the size as 1.5 ct. E or F VS2, SI1 ideal cut diamonds are probably going to be above $13,000. The Good Old Gold and Winfield's stones are good examples of smaller size within the budget or larger size above the budget. All the E/F VS stones at 1.5 cts. I saw were above $15,000.

(ETA: you're welcome, Ellen!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.