shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you catch a rainbow?

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
This isn’t technically a rainbow as it’s reflecting colors from a painting but thought I would share :)

Attachments

• 6D8514EF-27EF-4DFF-98C2-0B3F4AD5DB60.jpeg
    6D8514EF-27EF-4DFF-98C2-0B3F4AD5DB60.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 94

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im very disapointed its so overcast today and not even gleary overcast

i have my wee bezel set bargain i wear all the time to keep my great grandma's wedding ring safe and i thought she might enjoy being the star for once

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
im very disapointed its so overcast today and not even gleary overcast

i have my wee bezel set bargain i wear all the time to keep my great grandma's wedding ring safe and i thought she might enjoy being the star for once
@Daisys and Diamonds Your great grandma deserves a bright sunny day! I can’t wait to see it shine for her!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Your great grandma deserved a bright sunny day! I can’t wait to see it shine for her!
well thank you
Mamabea.
long rambling borring story follows ...
well the granny is actually a plain wedding band that sat unworn probably from when she passed away until i inherited it from mum. mum would have got it from her mum and my grandma was the youngest of her family

anyway anyway she is quite the star because i had 7 saphires gypsy style put in (one for each of her children - my great uncles and aunty and grandma) so i would wear her and not leave her in a drawer for the next generation to sell as scrap gold

but my little rainbow catcher is a trade me (NZ Ebay) bargain i got for $250. she was someone's insurence claim that got paid out and then got recovered so was being sold on behalf of the insurence company

i do just love her
i always wear them together and i wear them the most
and she usually throws a good rainbow

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
well thank you
Mamabea.
long rambling borring story follows ...
well the granny is actually a plain wedding band that sat unworn probably from when she passed away until i inherited it from mum. mum would have got it from her mum and my grandma was the youngest of her family

anyway anyway she is quite the star because i had 7 saphires gypsy style put in (one for each of her children - my great uncles and aunty and grandma) so i would wear her and not leave her in a drawer for the next generation to sell as scrap gold

but my little rainbow catcher is a trade me (NZ Ebay) bargain i got for $250. she was someone's insurence claim that got paid out and then got recovered so was being sold on behalf of the insurence company

i do just love her
i always wear them together and i wear them the most
and she usually throws a good rainbow
20190519_125708.jpg
@Daisys and Diamonds I LOVE your grandma’s ring..now all sparkly with sapphires. That was such a wonderful and special idea to make sure it was passed down in your family. I have my grandma’s gold wedding band that was like your grandma’s band before the sapphires were put in. My mom isn’t sentimental at all...but I’m very much so. My mom goes to a senior center in our area to visit with friends. One day she had a bag of what she considered scrap gold to bring to the center. There was someone there that would buy their gold for scrap. I looked through the bag and saw the plain gold band. I was shocked to hear it was my grandma’s yellow gold wedding band. I have it now... It upsets me to think it was thrown in that bag for scrap. I can’t wear it today..but I will wear it tomorrow in a stack to show you. It’s a size 8 so it is big for me. I have to put it with other rings in a stack so it won’t fall off my finger.
Your other ring is just lovely..and I love them together...Ebay is wonderful. I have many things I find there..
Thank you for sharing your rings!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I LOVE your grandma’s ring..now all sparkly with sapphires. That was such a wonderful and special idea to make sure it was passed down in your family. I have my grandma’s gold wedding band that was like your grandma’s band before the sapphires were put in. My mom isn’t sentimental at all...but I’m very much so. My mom goes to a senior center in our area to visit with friends. One day she had a bag of what she considered scrap gold to bring to the center. There was someone there that would buy their gold for scrap. I looked through the bag and saw the plain gold band. I was shocked to hear it was my grandma’s yellow gold wedding band. I have it now... It upsets me to think it was thrown in that bag for scrap. I can’t wear it today..but I will wear it tomorrow in a stack to show you. It’s a size 8 so it is big for me. I have to put it with other rings in a stack so it won’t fall off my finger.
Your other ring is just lovely..and I love them together...Ebay is wonderful. I have many things I find there..
Thank you for sharing your rings!
OMG my mouth fell open when i read your mom was going to sell grandma's ring for scrap
thank goodness you rescued it
my mum stipulated in her will no jewlery was to be sold ...mind you she got rid of lots of other things i would have liked
i can't wait to see your grandma's ring
i feel very lucky to have my great grandma's ring - they had such big families in those days and there are alot of descendants, alot of daughters and granddaughters and great grandaughters
and i didn't even know her name till i put my hand out to get the ring
My sister - who is quite posh and was very good at picking out all mum's good stuff - was quite impressed what i did with it
i hope mum and the great grandma herself would be too

have you tried wearing your grandma's ring on your thumb ?
Thumbs and pinkies need some sparkly love too !

i never would have worn a pinky ring till i inherited my ring

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
taking pictures of rainbows is much harder than making them
now i know why i see so many pictures taken in cars

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG my mouth fell open when i read your mom was going to sell grandma's ring for scrap
thank goodness you rescued it
my mum stipulated in her will no jewlery was to be sold ...mind you she got rid of lots of other things i would have liked
i can't wait to see your grandma's ring
i feel very lucky to have my great grandma's ring - they had such big families in those days and there are alot of descendants, alot of daughters and granddaughters and great grandaughters
and i didn't even know her name till i put my hand out to get the ring
My sister - who is quite posh and was very good at picking out all mum's good stuff - was quite impressed what i did with it
i hope mum and the great grandma herself would be too

have you tried wearing your grandma's ring on your thumb ?
Thumbs and pinkies need some sparkly love too !

i never would have worn a pinky ring till i inherited my ring
@Daisys and Diamonds I’m too old to wear it on my thumb. I like when younger people wear theirs like that...I also have ugly, wrinkly hands so I keep it simple.. ;-) I’ll take it out tomorrow. It’s yellow gold and I don’t wear that color often...so will play and come up with a stack! It’s very plain so no ornamentation on it...I did buy some friends for her to play with though...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I’m too old to wear it on my thumb. I like when younger people wear theirs like that...I also have ugly, wrinkly hands so I keep it simple.. ;-) I’ll take it out tomorrow. It’s yellow gold and I don’t wear that color often...so will play and come up with a stack! It’s very plain so no ornamentation on it...I did buy some friends for her to play with though...
im looking forward to it very much
that stack thread is one of my favourites
and i have seen plenty of your hand shots and nothing is ugly (so consider yourself told off ! and my smilies still won't work today) and also you are not old !
our grandmas were old when we were little girls - but were they really ?
you could do a thumb shot just for me (need the smilie that winks)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results