shape
carat
color
clarity

Can yellow gold bring out theGREEN?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
I know that yellow gold is used in a ton of yellow diamond rings to help bring out the yellow but can it also help make a green stone pop while letting the stone maintain it''s green? For instance .. my Mali is a limeish green .. would yellow gold make it look a yellowish-green or help the green stand out?

I posted a picture in another thread - HERE - but I''ve come to learn that pictures and real life can differ quite a bit.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your stone has some yellow in it, setting it in a yellow metal will make the yellow in your stone more obvious. If you want the green to stand out, I''d use a green metal.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Agree with Chrono, yg won''t bring out the green from an already yellowish green stone. The only situation (I can think of right now) where yg brings out the green is from greenish blue stones, especially the lighter shades. Get an unheated aqua, set it in yg, and you have a green beryl - like magic
9.gif

GuruTiff

Rough_Rock
Can you tell me the value of the ring I found?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 4:21:03 AM
Author: GuruTiff
Can you tell me the value of the ring I found?
Don''t know who you were refering to, but I can tell you that no one here can give you a value estimate on anything based on just a photo, especially if a piece contains a stone and you don''t know what the stone is. But you can start a thread about it, post some photos and maybe we can narrow down the possibilities and give you a general idea of value. For a better appraisal you''ll have to contact a jeweller.

GuruTiff

Rough_Rock
I have a photo am more info posted under FOUND A RING

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 4:37:29 AM
I can''t seem to find it. Maybe it''s not in CS?
33.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 11:09:37 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 4/25/2009 4:37:29 AM
I can''t seem to find it. Maybe it''s not in CS?
33.gif
It''s in Jewellery
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results