shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we find a PS-quality 1ct for $3000USD? (including plain WG setting)

AmethystHope

Rough_Rock
I spot checked a few places in Canada. No duties. Always VAT. Sometimes PST, depending on specific location.

Does not appear to be affected by shipping a loose diamond, or actual e-ring.

https://www.jamesallen.com/tax-calculator/

@pearaffair - I’m an Alberta resident and received a ring from August Vintage yesterday. I can confirm that only GST was collected on the purchase total (USD to CAD conversion). In my case, FedEx called, then emailed the authorization to clear before I provided CC info to pay the balance. Hopes this helps. Cheers. =)2

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge I don't see the settings as terribly problematic -- certainly less so than a traditional head on top of shank. Ideally, it would be a single piece of metal, but the struts that hold the should add to the structural stability by adding contact points and additional angles that can deal with blows. If any ring was compressed from the sides, it will crumple or the welds will give. I've found the most common source of damage was to hit the ring. So, hitting the head at least has 6 welds to hang onto it. But, if a ring is smashed in a car door, very few engagement style rings will survive. At this price point, its better constructed than many other options.

This setting will require a curved wedding band, which would annoy me.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for clarifying @rockysalamander.

Sorry @pearaffair if I scared you, I was just trying to be thorough in reviewing it all. I realized I was probably nitpicking, but it was an unusual method of construction to me.

I am glad all is good and that it has the diamonds around the basket as desired.

I would agree with Rocky that a curved band will be needed. I have no experience wearing them but know they are more expensive and a pain to find. Unless the setting manufacturer happens to make a matching wedding band.

Of course this doesn't bother everyone. My girl likes the fact hers will be curved.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearaffair - I’m an Alberta resident and received a ring from August Vintage yesterday. I can confirm that only GST was collected on the purchase total (USD to CAD conversion). In my case, FedEx called, then emailed the authorization to clear before I provided CC info to pay the balance. Hopes this helps. Cheers. =)2

So helpful!! Thank you!!

Thanks for clarifying @rockysalamander.

Sorry @pearaffair if I scared you, I was just trying to be thorough in reviewing it all. I realized I was probably nitpicking, but it was an unusual method of construction to me.

I am glad all is good and that it has the diamonds around the basket as desired.

I would agree with Rocky that a curved band will be needed. I have no experience wearing them but know they are more expensive and a pain to find. Unless the setting manufacturer happens to make a matching wedding band.

Of course this doesn't bother everyone. My girl likes the fact hers will be curved.

This IS pricescope, after all! Nitpicking is to be expected and preferred ;-) Thank you!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’ve also only typically been charged what the normal sales tax would be (here it’s GST + PST, so 13%). FedEx also usually charges a $30 brokerage fee. If you return something, you can apply to have the tax refunded. The paperwork is a bit of a pain to fill out (like all government forms), but it’s worth it.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve also only typically been charged what the normal sales tax would be (here it’s GST + PST, so 13%). FedEx also usually charges a $30 brokerage fee. If you return something, you can apply to have the tax refunded. The paperwork is a bit of a pain to fill out (like all government forms), but it’s worth it.

Oh my gosh this is so good to know!! Can you tell me, who would you use to ship back an item for return? FedEx? Can they insure?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh this is so good to know!! Can you tell me, who would you use to ship back an item for return? FedEx? Can they insure?

It's been my experience when returning items, that you reach the originating vendor, request an RMA (request merchandise authorization) number and they send you a pre-paid shipping label to send said item back to them. I would anticipate it would be the same carrier used to ship to you in the first place, and with it being a diamond purchase you will want to follow the vendor's process so it is properly insured during transit.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been my experience when returning items, that you reach the originating vendor, request an RMA (request merchandise authorization) number and they send you a pre-paid shipping label to send said item back to them. I would anticipate it would be the same carrier used to ship to you in the first place, and with it being a diamond purchase you will want to follow the vendor's process so it is properly insured during transit.

Ahh. I’m looking at maybe buying some bling from the real real, and I don’t think their customer service is as good as all that! Many places won’t provide return shipping labels for international customers.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearaffair - So when do we get to see this completed ring??

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, they won’t do that for us international folks. We eat the cost of returns. I use FedEx. They won’t insure to the retail value of many items, but I’ve never had an issue with anything going missing. It costs about $100 for a small box sent overnight air to the US.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results