shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we believe and trust our government?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was choosing party affiliation, it was about "who appears smarter"? But never "who is more trustworthy?" My feeling is that most politicians are primarily concerned about being reelected. Everything else is secondary. But, since we have to choose someone, I chose "my" party. However, I have left it after the disgraceful vote of 14 Democrats on the Klobuchar-Sanders bill, and now I am independent. So, no, I do not think we can trust politicians, but we have to work with them.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw that Jason Chaffetz has now said not only will he not run again, but that he may leave Congress early. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
Maybe Fox offered him Bill O'Reilly's job. :-o

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something does appear to be up.

Oh, yeah. This is way abnormal. This is not Washington behavior. The only question is what is up. Any guesses?

Deb

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Not saying this is the reason, but I have seen it happen before when a member gets sick or has an immediate family member that he needs the time to devote to.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not saying this is the reason, but I have seen it happen before when a member gets sick or has an immediate family member that he needs the time to devote to.

Not a response to what you said above, but your cat is really beautiful, ruby!

Deb :wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Deb. And what makes him so special is that he has a disposition to match. He is such a sweetheart.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Deb. And what makes him so special is that he has a disposition to match. He is such a sweetheart.

I do understand that, ruby, and I am delighted that he is in good health and back with the family (especially his mama) who loves him so much!

Hugs,
(((ruby and mittens)))
Deb

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
If the republican members of congress really wanted to prove themselves after carping for 8 years that they had all the answers, they would have foregone the Easter recess, stayed in Washington DC, and really proved they were trying to accomplish something.

Republicans certainly should do something to improve the health care mess, reform, simplify the tax code, and reduce taxes in short order.
There are legislators who have had plans. Hopefully, they will come together and solve some problems.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Ruby, glad your beautiful cat is better.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Annah.

We got a definitive diagnosis just now.
He has EPI - Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency and IBD - Inflammatory bowel disease

With the right food, weekly then monthly Vitamin B shots, and Pancreatin 6X which I have to spread on his food, he can live a normal life

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Great news, Ruby.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Chaffetz himself gave several explanations for his premature exit to the Deseret News, and hinted at others reasons too. He wants to make more money in the private sector, he suggested, and possibly pursue a media career. His wife, Julie, was starting to feel the strain of his public life, he said, which now includes death threats. (Chaffetz recently tweeted a Heavy.com article that praised Julie’s steadfast devotion to him.) Others speculated that he was stepping down to pursue an even higher office—possibly Senator or Governor—and that now might be the best time for Chaffetz to take a break from politics before the Republican Congress gets dragged down by Trump. “My guess is he wants to start rebuilding a base for (governor) in 2020,” a Utah political heavyweight told the Deseret News. “No member of Congress has been elected Utah governor in recent years—maybe ever—though many have tried. His P.R. instincts probably tell him that he can't be seen as coming straight from Congress, therefore some distancing before things get serious.”

Chaffetz may have even higher ambitions, too: on Thursday, Fusion reported that campaign committee Friends of Jason Chaffetz recently registered Jason2028.com and JasonChaffetz2028.com, hinting at a potential presidential run in 12 years’ time.

The above is speculation from Vanity Fair. Sounds reasonable.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We got a definitive diagnosis just now.

He has EPI - Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency and IBD - Inflammatory bowel disease

With the right food, weekly then monthly Vitamin B shots, and Pancreatin 6X which I have to spread on his food, he can live a normal life

This is good news, indeed.

Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results