shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone run a diamcalc, etc on this Cushion from JA? and check idealscope image?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jumpman22

Rough_Rock
I've already placed my order through JamesAllen, but through bankwire. I was unaware that they can run a Sarin and IdealScope (yeah, i know... ASET is preferred, but it does not interface well with their camera to get good pics). Anyways here's both images (one of the Sarin and the IdealScope).

I'm concerned with the higher the 40 degrees in the crown angle... It did not, however, say the "Crown Angles are greater than..." on the GIA Report.

Lastly, I do not have DiamCalc, so if someone can run this, PLEASE!?

(ignore the undefined attachment... i'll reply with 2 attachments)...

Jumpman22

Rough_Rock
IdealScope

IdealScope - cushion Ideal (smaller).JPG

Jumpman22

Rough_Rock
Slightly bigger Sarin Image...

JamesAllen - cushion sarin (smaller_2).JPG

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I''m confused. The photo in the IdealScope image is an 8 pavilion main and the one in the Sarin shows a 4 pavilion main. Hopefully DiaGem will see this and help you make sense of all the numbers. Is this the E/VS2 stone that they were going to review for you?

Jumpman22

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 4:37:00 PM
Author: pixley
I''m confused. The photo in the IdealScope image is an 8 pavilion main and the one in the Sarin shows a 4 pavilion main. Hopefully DiaGem will see this and help you make sense of all the numbers. Is this the E/VS2 stone that they were going to review for you?

Yes, this is the 1.62 E VS2 that they were reviewing for me...
I am also confused about what the GIA report shows (8 pavilion main) and the Sarin (which shows 4)... I would think that i would see a "cross" or "x" in the image if it were a 4 pav main???

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t seen enough Sarins to know whether they have a generic pavilion plot or whether they match the cut of the exact stone, but you may want to give them a call to make sure they sent you the right Sarin and that the stone is the one you wanted. I would''ve expected to see the same plot as on the GIA cert (which looks like the cut style in the photo & the idealscope).

Jumpman22

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 5:00:20 PM
Author: pixley
I haven''t seen enough Sarins to know whether they have a generic pavilion plot or whether they match the cut of the exact stone, but you may want to give them a call to make sure they sent you the right Sarin and that the stone is the one you wanted. I would''ve expected to see the same plot as on the GIA cert (which looks like the cut style in the photo & the idealscope).

yeah, i just emailed Jim Schultz about this discrepancy between the two reports, so i''ll get an answer by tomorrow morning. I''m pretty confident that the pavilion is the 8-pavilion main based on the pics of the actual stone and the GIA report. They may have selected the wrong diagram??

also, please, can someone do a diamcalc--i know it''s not super necessary, but i think it''s super-cool!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results