Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help me with the analysis of this GIA and Sarin?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Engagement day is approaching soon! Any thoughts on the camparison below are highly appreciated! Thanks!!!

RADIANT

GIA: SARIN:

Dimension= 7.31 x 5.74 x 4mm 7.32 x 5.74
carat = 1.51 1.51
Clarity = VS2 VS2
Color = F F
Depth = 69.7% 69.6% (3.99 mm)
table = 67% 67% (3.84 mm)
Polish = VG Pavil = 53.5% (3.07 mm)
Symm. = G Crown = 34.2 degrees (11.7%)
Flour. = None Girdle heighth = 2.9% (.16 mm)
Girdle = thin to slightly thick
Culet = None.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Numbers look quite nice... I'd prefer the crown to be higher, but it's still very good!! Looks like a 2A/2B on AGA cut chart... Have you seen the stone in person??

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
I have not yet seen it in person-- I plan on receiving it (no purchase obligation) and having a master gemologist appraise it and write up a full report.

How much higher should the crown be? I assume for a girl who would be happy with a twist-tie (i.e. a low maintenance person who doesn't obsess over material possessions) will approve?

Thanks for your help.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
About 1% to 3%... 11.7% is still very good, though. Don't worry too much about that! Just see if you like the stone and how it looks... Numbers aren't that important with fancy shapes...

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Ok, thanks for your help! I will see it in person soon. It's so hard for a novice diamond buyer to make any sense out of all this. That being said, I still want to do the best research I can so I am fully informed and feel like I made a good purchase.

By the way, the price on that diamond is $8444.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Price looks good. Pricescope shows stones like yours at about 5000 to 5500/ct... Yours is approx 5600/ct so is still good. Does this price include a mounting??

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Price is for the stone itself. I already have a different jeweler that has a setting I will use.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    Astounding AVR
    Astounding AVR
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.