shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help me with the analysis of this GIA and Sarin?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Engagement day is approaching soon! Any thoughts on the camparison below are highly appreciated! Thanks!!!

RADIANT

GIA: SARIN:

Dimension= 7.31 x 5.74 x 4mm 7.32 x 5.74
carat = 1.51 1.51
Clarity = VS2 VS2
Color = F F
Depth = 69.7% 69.6% (3.99 mm)
table = 67% 67% (3.84 mm)
Polish = VG Pavil = 53.5% (3.07 mm)
Symm. = G Crown = 34.2 degrees (11.7%)
Flour. = None Girdle heighth = 2.9% (.16 mm)
Girdle = thin to slightly thick
Culet = None.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Numbers look quite nice... I'd prefer the crown to be higher, but it's still very good!! Looks like a 2A/2B on AGA cut chart... Have you seen the stone in person??

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
I have not yet seen it in person-- I plan on receiving it (no purchase obligation) and having a master gemologist appraise it and write up a full report.

How much higher should the crown be? I assume for a girl who would be happy with a twist-tie (i.e. a low maintenance person who doesn't obsess over material possessions) will approve?

Thanks for your help.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
About 1% to 3%... 11.7% is still very good, though. Don't worry too much about that! Just see if you like the stone and how it looks... Numbers aren't that important with fancy shapes...
1.gif

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Ok, thanks for your help! I will see it in person soon. It's so hard for a novice diamond buyer to make any sense out of all this. That being said, I still want to do the best research I can so I am fully informed and feel like I made a good purchase.

By the way, the price on that diamond is $8444.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Price looks good. Pricescope shows stones like yours at about 5000 to 5500/ct... Yours is approx 5600/ct so is still good. Does this price include a mounting??

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Price is for the stone itself. I already have a different jeweler that has a setting I will use.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results