shape
carat
color
clarity

Can not find setting girlfriend fell in love with

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beninny

Rough_Rock
I''m new here, and fairly new to the ring shopping market. My girlfriend fell in love with a setting I can not find anywhere. I am hopeing that someone in this forum may be able to point me to the designer of the setting. The best definition of the setting I can give is: Pave/engraved setting, with marquee shaped engravings in the center of the band with pave round diamonds set in the marquee shapes. Engraved hearts with 3 pave set round stones lead up to the 4 sets of split prongs. Additional pave surround the marquee shaves around the outter portions of the top of the band. The back of the band is squared. I have been told this ring may have been featured in Town & Country magazine a few months back. Any help in finding the source for this setting would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ben

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Any idea where your GF saw it-was it in a store etc, or somewhere else that would help us identify it? Have you checked the designers that are featured under the ''resources'' section at the top of the website? There are many settings that may at least point you in the right direction. Do you have any more info, or do you have a picture?

beninny

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 4:34:46 PM
Author: gail013
Any idea where your GF saw it-was it in a store etc, or somewhere else that would help us identify it? Have you checked the designers that are featured under the ''resources'' section at the top of the website? There are many settings that may at least point you in the right direction. Do you have any more info, or do you have a picture?
She saw it in a "jewelery exchange" aka flea market. I assume its a replica of a designer setting. I''ve looked through tons of websites with her and can not find it anywhere. I may try to take a trip with her to see it in a few weeks, but the place is distance away from us. She loved it so much that she saw it once, and can draw it from memory. I can''t imagine a dealer in a place like that would have a one off design that I can not find anywhere else. Only other things to note is that it appears to be set up for around a 1 ct round stone, and it was made from white gold.

Principessa5345

Rough_Rock
I have the magazine you mentioned. I''ll look tonight when I get home and let you know if I see what you''re describing. :)

beninny

Rough_Rock
Another attribute of the ring is that the band rouned on top leading to the center stone. That is how there is room for pave to surround the marquee engravings in the center of the bands, and how the hears lead to the prongs for the stone.

Principessa5345

Rough_Rock
Hi again....just wanted to let you know that I looked through both wedding issues of Town and Country that I have and I didn''t find anything that looked like the ring you described. Sorry! Good luck with your search.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds exactly like a Tacori design! Do you see it here

beninny

Rough_Rock
I have tried looking through their website, as that was my first thought on who would have made it. However their website has the rings very small and I have not been able to find it. Also we have been to tacori dealers, and have never seen this particular ring. Is there a better way to browse their catalogue?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori rings don''t feature squared shanks

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 8:52:25 PM
Author: beninny
I have tried looking through their website, as that was my first thought on who would have made it. However their website has the rings very small and I have not been able to find it. Also we have been to tacori dealers, and have never seen this particular ring. Is there a better way to browse their catalogue?

Oh, I missed the part of the euro shank. My e-ring style is not in any of their promotional material OR website. If you go to a B&M that carries Tacori they have a full book of designs (it is a binder). I would try looking there. I am not sure where you live about the mall chain Reeds and some Jareds carries Tacori. I would go there only to look at the pictures. Good luck!

beninny

Rough_Rock
I have officially searched every designer site listed under resources. I can not believe this would be such a one off/rare setting.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
If your GF can draw it up, it can be custom done. Custom rings can be surprisingly affordable. I had mine done by Whiteflash last year and they did a superb job. Mine was also done from a drawing (and not a very good one either).

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 11:10:24 PM
Author: beninny
I have officially searched every designer site listed under resources. I can not believe this would be such a one off/rare setting.
On the plus side, kudos for sticking to such a long search. I agree with Jazmine, have your GF draw it up for you and then take it to a jeweler!

*M*

beninny

Rough_Rock
Can anyone then point me in the direction of a designer who does pave/engraving work as I have described with a squared back to the band. Maybe this is a discontinued style that someone might still have in stock.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Squared back? Do you mean like A. Jaffe Signature bands that aren''t completely rounded? Either way, I would talk to Whiteflash. People here have had gorgeous rings made by them.

*M*

beninny

Rough_Rock
Yes the back was similar to that style, however where the flat back met ther rounded sides, the straight gold extended past the edge of the band. Sort of shaped like this

( )
====

this obviously is a horrible illustration, however maybe someone will recognize the design. I''m starting to think this is a lost cause. I''m not sure a custom made ring of the detail my gf has in mind will be within my budget.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Horrible picture, I know...but is this close? It''s a Tacori from Arthur''s

tacori1forben.jpg

beninny

Rough_Rock
both are nice, but not what she has her heart set on. The setting had much more engraving and the top of the band was like arched to allow for all the pave/engraving on it.Im going to see if I can draw something up on the pc that looks like it. I wish I had some artistic talent!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should try calling the folks at pearlmans.com. I know they sell lots of designers (and they have a great website to drool over!) Maybe they are familiar with the setting you describe.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Is it just me or does anyone else REALLY want to see what this setting looks like??? I keep trying to picture it in my head... hmm.... the MYSTERY setting!

*M*

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
or have her draw it on paper and then take a photo of it/scan it

beninny

Rough_Rock
Ok heres my attempt to show what it looks like. If I can get a real picture I will! That is my quest, however I do not even know if the jeweler she saw it at still has it. Please do not write off this setting due to my horrible drawing, as it really was quite impressive, and my drawing is anything but. Also worth noting is the design is not nearly to scale, as there were many more marquise shapes and pave diamonds.

ringDrawingSmaller.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
haha...that''s a little more helpful than just describing in words. :) I''ll try to help you look tomorrow.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I really can''t help you but kudos on the drawing... its impressive

beninny

Rough_Rock
I really didnt think my drawing would help much. I may try to go see the setting on black friday, but I know the place will be a zoo. If its there I''ll take a photo of it, but unless someone thinks we might be able to find the real designer of the ring, im tempted to at least put a down payment on it.

beninny

Rough_Rock
That is somewhat similar to it, but still not quite. It''s in the ballpark tho.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I suppose you''ve already looked at antique settings online? Maybe there would be something on those sights?? Hopefully you will be able to get to the jewelry store soon and get a pic.

*M*

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
beninny, I''ve looked through a few random magazines, keeping my eye out for a similar setting. I saw something similar by Rina Limor, but I tried to get to their website, and it''s really screwed up right now. Other than that, no luck
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results