shape
carat
color
clarity

Can not find setting girlfriend fell in love with

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Turns out the Rina Limor website doesn''t work in Firefox. I had to switch over to Explorer.

Rina Limor: #2. Style: RG81086W Price: $ 1,680.00
18K Bridal Ring with D 0.39ct (32 stones) Diamond Shapes Semi. Mount

JR_00410_No.jpg

beninny

Rough_Rock
So I got some photos of it today. They are claiming its a tacori replica. My pics are blurry but perhaps one of you, once you see it, can find me the real thing.

blurryring.JPG

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
Ben, where did your GF see this ring when she fell in love with it? Was in a store or online?
If you could find out the 4C''s and any other additional information I am sure that people here can help you.
Also look at the reviews,tools, and resource sections.

beninny

Rough_Rock
Another blurry pic

blurryring2.JPG

beninny

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/24/2006 4:22:03 PM
Author: diamondhunter10
Ben, where did your GF see this ring when she fell in love with it? Was in a store or online?
If you could find out the 4C''s and any other additional information I am sure that people here can help you.
Also look at the reviews,tools, and resource sections.
There really is no 4c''s, since its a solitare with no solitaire yet. It was at a jewelery exchange. Ive looked everywhere online and can not find it. Thanks to everyone who has and is trying to help me find this elusive setting

beninny

Rough_Rock
Has everyone given up on my search? I am attempting to get to a local tacori dealer today to pour through their catalog. Once I get this setting, its then on to the quest for the old european diamond she wants in this setting.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
If it''s a tacori replica, are they the only ones selling it? I guess a better question would be, is this a ring that tacori once made and don''t anymore, or did they take the tacori style and make a ring that looked like a tacori? Because if it''s the latter, could it be that the jewelry exchange is the only place that sells it? You might have to get it custom made if that the case and you don''t want to get it from the exchange.... just a thought.

*M*

beninny

Rough_Rock
The latest developments in the story this weekend:

We spent some time at the local mall (Roosevelt Field) to search for the setting, or see if my gf would fall in love with something else. We had no luck finding the setting, however one store in particular was very helpful (bailey,banks and biddle), and will be contacting their tacori rep with our information on monday. We then took a ride to see Elsa (elsarings.com). She had a very clear picture in her head of the ring, was able to sketch it on paper, and said she had seein it before. Locally we have heard very good things about her work, however I am not certain that her custom design of the ring will be in my budget. The search continues, and I should be hearing from these jewelers tomorrow.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for progress being made! Hopefully you will hear some good news!

*M*

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Wow poptart!!! Are you a detective by trade? Impressive! I thought beninny was trying to drive us all mad
1.gif

Beautiful ring...you know you have to get it now beninny.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2006 11:16:28 AM
Author: beninny
Once I get this setting, its then on to the quest for the old european diamond she wants in this setting.

beninny, since she likes antique ring styles like the tacori, you might seriously try finding an estate jeweler or even a jeweler who does consigment to work with for the stone and setting. Old european diamonds aren''t super easy to just find. a lot of the good ones have been recut to modern rounds and many that are still left are in their original antique setting which makes them easier to sell. I was actually on a hunt for an antique setting and was told by many jewelers that they are out there but most will have the stone. anyway, you might think of finding her a real antique with the real antique stone. seems it might be an easier way to go. also, the detail on the ring you posted isn''t going to be cheap at all to have it custom made.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 2:55:09 AM
Author: bargaincrazy
Wow poptart!!! Are you a detective by trade? Impressive! I thought beninny was trying to drive us all mad
1.gif

Beautiful ring...you know you have to get it now beninny.
It was driving me crazy too! I kind of found it by accident, but was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the picture and noticed it was the ring he had been looking for!

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results