shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I talk about CS of Victor Canera here?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
"Lastly, I do not appreciate you going through my posts only to find my old post to which I was referring."

Okay so asking you to clarify what you are saying is mean and bullying.

Gotcha
And if you paid attention, I have also added... "but that is where it should have stayed, instead of rehashing the actual thread." Another quote of mine, that you neglected, states, "I have merely said that it was unnecessary to pull out the old thread and re-post it."

However, it appears that you are here to pick on anything in order to fight or prove your "point" - whatever that might be, so, unfortunately, you will need to do it by yourself because this is senseless. :wavey:

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
And if you paid attention, I have also added... "but that is where it should have stayed, instead of rehashing the actual thread." Another quote of mine, that you neglected, states, "I have merely said that it was unnecessary to pull out the old thread and re-post it."

However, it appears that you are here to pick on anything in order to fight or prove your "point" - whatever that might be, so, unfortunately, you will need to do it by yourself because this is senseless. :wavey:
Got it. You contradict yourself and cannot explain.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@daisygrl, if you are going to reference an old thread as contributory for the negative bullying attitude, it is fair for people to read it. Having read your thread I only saw two people who commented negatively, it is a matter of perspective after all. The vast majority of members, even those that regard WF as upmost example of excellence, replied courteously, as you were, with your post.

I would say your thread is a excellent example of how feedback posts should go towards vendors, which makes it all the more disappointing you remember it with such resentment to bring it up in parallel with this thread.

With regards to this thread, it is clear the OP has a highly triggered defensive response. Although the OPs initial request was understandably infuriating, ultimately, Nick's response was inflammatory, by charging $30 dollars and to say further correspondence will go to spam. This was met with such an unreasonable and exaggerated response by the OP.

While I do not at all condone the OPs actions, it is a good reminder that the cycle of escalation can easily be broken earlier in the process by maintaining composure and avoiding dramatised responses. Unfortunately peoples behaviour can surprise you the most, when they feel backed into a corner.

Last edited:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have very briefly counted at least 6 members - count again - at least 3 hostile, others were resentful. Furthermore, I have also said "The majority of members here are helpful, polite..." in the post below on here.

Lastly, I do not appreciate you going through my posts only to find my old post to which I was referring. Yes, in this thread, I briefly mentioned my experience with the attitude of some members here but that is where it should have stayed, instead of rehashing the actual thread. Unnecessary. People are losing a track of the OP's actual concern.

You published a review in a public forum. You brought up and mentioned your own experience again. You lost a track of OP's concern by talking about others' attitude, then suggested that is where it should have stayed
Sorry, you do not get to pick what you can refer and others cannot refer, or where/when a discussion begins and ends.

I am absoultely puzzled by your reaction. Your thread and experience are completely different from what is going on here and OP's intention here. You review was reasonble and the most members supported you. You remained professional despite negative comments. I linked your thread because it was a good review.

Last edited:

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
STOP.

PLEASE.

EVERYONE.

2 sides to every story and the truth lies in between somewhere. Both parties can take some blame here. There we go - now let's move on.

LET'S ALL LOVE ONE ANOTHER and BE DONE with this thread.

Unknown.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOKO Someone HERE has to mention PIE.

Does anyone remember pie????????????????

Cherry. My pastry. With a VC ring on top! (was that over the top?)

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm easy. I like apple, maybe sometimes with vanilla ice cream...

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
STOP.

PLEASE.

EVERYONE.

2 sides to every story and the truth lies in between somewhere. Both parties can take some blame here. There we go - now let's move on.

LET'S ALL LOVE ONE ANOTHER and BE DONE with this thread.

Unknown.jpeg

You know, I made a post like this once on a forum many, many years ago when people were bickering over nonsense, being nasty to one another. Then people started raging on me and said "telling us to stop is like telling us not to breathe, its human nature."

O....k. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I've been a member here since 2004, and something I've noticed over the years is how
if someone's going to post about a not so great experience with a beloved PS vendor, they need to have thick skin.

Recently I had a not so stellar experience with vendor that's loved here.
It was messy.
Incorrect invoices being emailed to me, leaving me hanging in their chat while they went to check something, I asked for a quote and they never got back to me. This last one pissed me off big time as the CS knew I was going to get it and I wanted it shipped with my piece, all I needed was a price.
Anyway, the entire experience was just... like I said, messy and a little frustrating.

Would I post about it here? Oh God no. I'll get a bunch of people jumping down my throat about how "I" could have handled it differently, as opposed to how "they" should have handled it differently. Just not worth it.

Starfacet Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Trade
I also want to say this to other consumers - on a much more serious note:

ALWAYS have your vendor provide the FedEx shipping label, and pay your vendor for that label. NEVER create labels yourself.

Why?

Vendors have business accounts with FedEx that include both reduced costs and allow much higher declared values on jewellery. If you create your own FedEx label, you take liability during shipment for that package.

Anyone ever read FedEx’s T&C? Buried in the PDF linked below is this quote:

What that means for general consumers like us is that FedEx will happily charge you for whatever you’d like to specify for declared value (“shipping insurance”), but if they lose your package their liability is at most $1000. And you’d better believe they’ll fight you every step of your claim.

A vendor with an account with FedEx is able to declare (and actually make FedEx liable for) much higher values, and any claims they raise will be taken much more seriously.
This times 1,000. Additionally, many vendors have accounts with third party insurance companies that use Fedex and UPS for shipping but provide the higher amounts of insurance that jewelry vendors need (Jewelers Mutual is one of many). So like @yssie said, claims through them are taken much more seriously.
At my place of employment, we do allow clients to send their own labels if they also have accounts with third party insurers, which most of the time excludes private individuals.

Last edited:

teddycake

Rough_Rock
I've been a member here since 2004, and something I've noticed over the years is how
if someone's going to post about a not so great experience with a beloved PS vendor, they need to have thick skin.

Recently I had a not so stellar experience with vendor that's loved here.
It was messy.
Incorrect invoices being emailed to me, leaving me hanging in their chat while they went to check something, I asked for a quote and they never got back to me. This last one pissed me off big time as the CS knew I was going to get it and I wanted it shipped with my piece, all I needed was a price.
Anyway, the entire experience was just... like I said, messy and a little frustrating.

Would I post about it here? Oh God no. I'll get a bunch of people jumping down my throat about how "I" could have handled it differently, as opposed to how "they" should have handled it differently. Just not worth it.

I didn't read this thread, just came to the last page hoping for a TLDR but didn't find one, hehe. Just wanted to say +1 to this, so true. While I didn't have a terrible experience by any measure, I will say that my experience with a certain PS-loved vendor has been mediocre. Let's just say, if this was Yelp, I would give this vendor maybe 3-4 stars out of 5. Not pertaining to the quality of the jewelry, but the customer service. I've not seen any negative reviews of this vendor on here though.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I didn't read this thread, just came to the last page hoping for a TLDR but didn't find one, hehe. Just wanted to say +1 to this, so true. While I didn't have a terrible experience by any measure, I will say that my experience with a certain PS-loved vendor has been mediocre. Let's just say, if this was Yelp, I would give this vendor maybe 3-4 stars out of 5. Not pertaining to the quality of the jewelry, but the customer service. I've not seen any negative reviews of this vendor on here though.

This makes me sad and I do wish that people who had less than stellar experiences with the PS “faves” would speak up because then us newbies could make a more informed decision!

teddycake

Rough_Rock
This makes me sad and I do wish that people who had less than stellar experiences with the PS “faves” would speak up because then us newbies could make a more informed decision!

It may be because some of the vendors are on this platform, so if you share your experience, they are likely to get tagged in here. I know Yelp is like that too, where the business owner can respond to your reviews, but it somehow feels more 'intimate' here, and other posters may jump in to defend the vendor. Sometimes you don't really need any fixes, but just want to give share your experience, like, "Hey, the experience felt like going to a car dealership".

It may be because some of the vendors are on this platform, so if you share your experience, they are likely to get tagged in here. I know Yelp is like that too, where the business owner can respond to your reviews, but it somehow feels more 'intimate' here, and other posters may jump in to defend the vendor. Sometimes you don't really need any fixes, but just want to give share your experience, like, "Hey, the experience felt like going to a car dealership".

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this here!

Maybe because it's a forum, folks want to offer advice on how to resolve the situation as opposed to just saying "Aw that sucks." Then once there's multiple people giving advice (and sometimes repeating the same advice), it can start to feel like you're being chastised.

porchelady

Rough_Rock
Not to rehash this, but I just stumbled on this thread. I am very disappointed to read Nicholas’s responses. He could have handled this better, or stayed off the thread entirely. Victor is currently working on a setting for me. I did not interact with Nicholas, not yet. But I’ve communicated with Nathan and Victor. Both gentlemen have been a pleasure to work with, especially Victor. I talked with Victor numerous times over the phone, and we’ve emailed a lot. I found him to be kind, humble, patient and just simply a joy to work it. I just don’t want anyone to read this thread and get soured into missing out on the awesome experience they could have with Victor and owning their own VC piece. I’m sure Nicholas’s response here came from a place of frustration, and he probably acted out of character because of that. I hope he does better in future when things prove challenging with a customer. And I do hope VC honors warranty on OP’s piece, I don’t see him declining to. I’m sorry this happened and hope everyone is in a better place now.

@Victor Canera and @Nicholas A

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is nearly a year old. Let’s please for the love of sanity not rehash this melodrama.

Reporting my post to ask the mods to consider closing this thread for further responses.

porchelady

Rough_Rock
This thread is nearly a year old. Let’s please for the love of sanity not rehash this melodrama.

Reporting my post to ask the mods to consider closing this thread for further responses.

You’ve tried this several times and it’s still open months later. Let it go. They’ll close it if and when they want to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results