shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I scream here ? UGH !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
O.k. well I just got done with my new wedding set. Got the new band, got the solitaire, had the head changed Yada Yada So yesterday of course I start asking around about my hubby''s wedding band. I start asking him about what he might like yesterday and he says something simple and then he throws in the fact that he likes me better wearing the white gold and he thinks I should switch. I had the white gold before this yellow gold set and he didn''t say anything about me switching to yellow back then !! I just wanna beat him. Anyways, so now I have until July 15th to switch back to white gold yet AGAIN because that''s when our vow renewal is. I thought about rhodium plating for now but I don''t want to waste any more money than I already have. Hopefully I can pull this off. I e-mailed Mondera to see if they could custom make a 2mm white gold comfort fit band so hopefully they can. My last white gold band was one of their 6mm comfort fits. I don''t pay much attention but I guess gold prices are going up. When I bought my 6mm band from them it was $106 dollars (I had 10% off I think ) and now a 3mm is $125. K, I''m done, sorry had to vent.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do YOU like better? I think jewelry is such a personal decision and I am sure your DH just wants you happy. Was there a reason you went back to yellow gold?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Tacori. You are the one who will look at it all the time! Choose what YOU like for yours, and let him choose what HE likes for his!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Go with what you like. He''s not wearing it, so if you prefer yellow, then get YELLOW!
1.gif

What''s sad is that I bet you will go thru all of this trouble of switching and he won''t even remember saying that he likes white over yellow! Best of luck!

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Well, a couple stupid reasons I guess. 1) when I was looking at the B&M stores at wedding sets and things I tried some stuff on and my friend and the salesperson said that the yellow gold looked better on me. Then when I actually found the e-ring, which, is a whole other story LOL, it was in a yellow gold setting but I loved the stone so I figured what the heck I''ll give it a try. I think I do actually prefer the white gold, I was looking at pictures and I do miss the white. I guess I''m mad at myself too for allowing what other people think to influence me. I''m also wondering how hard it would be to have a custom set made from my local jeweler. I''ve been going to him for 20 years now.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
You''re right Jelly. He can''t even remember what he said 5 minutes ago but I bet if he would''ve mentioned this before I made the switch I would have really put some thought into the decision.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 10:57:00 AM
Author: LBug75
Well, a couple stupid reasons I guess. 1) when I was looking at the B&M stores at wedding sets and things I tried some stuff on and my friend and the salesperson said that the yellow gold looked better on me. Then when I actually found the e-ring, which, is a whole other story LOL, it was in a yellow gold setting but I loved the stone so I figured what the heck I''ll give it a try. I think I do actually prefer the white gold, I was looking at pictures and I do miss the white. I guess I''m mad at myself too for allowing what other people think to influence me. I''m also wondering how hard it would be to have a custom set made from my local jeweler. I''ve been going to him for 20 years now.

Well, I guess there is your answer
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, a salesperson is certainly not an unbiased party! They''d REALLY like to sell that ring right then!

Tacori went ring shopping with me last Saturday and it helped a lot to have an unbiased extra opinion!

But regardless of what anyone else thinks, you need to get the color setting you prefer. I am changing from yellow gold to platinum after almost 30 years.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is white gold, and hubby''s is 2 tone. GO with what you love, BUT if your hubby isn''t just being flip with his comment, but it is truly a deep desire, than consider him in it too.

jimbob9999

Rough_Rock
I wanna scream after reading your post!! Hehehe.

I think it''s important to consider what he says but in the end you need to get what you like best. If he just mentioned he kinda likes the look of white gold better on you then that''s fine. But from your email it sounds like you''re under a bunch of pressure now and you only have until a certain date to switch back, you hope you can pull it off, etc. Like it''s some sort of demand from him.

Sorry, if I''m just misreading this; I hope I am! In my opinion, he should support whatever one you like. I''ve learned how to speak up if I feel a certain way but also to recognize what''s important to my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) and to back off if necessary. I think you should just beat him as you suggested in your post and just be done with it!!

-j

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2006 1:33:35 PM
Author: jimbob9999
I wanna scream after reading your post!! Hehehe.

I think it''s important to consider what he says but in the end you need to get what you like best. If he just mentioned he kinda likes the look of white gold better on you then that''s fine. But from your email it sounds like you''re under a bunch of pressure now and you only have until a certain date to switch back, you hope you can pull it off, etc. Like it''s some sort of demand from him.

Sorry, if I''m just misreading this; I hope I am! In my opinion, he should support whatever one you like. I''ve learned how to speak up if I feel a certain way but also to recognize what''s important to my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) and to back off if necessary. I think you should just beat him as you suggested in your post and just be done with it!!

-j
Yay, jimbob! You pass the Potential Fiance PriceScope Test!
36.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all. I actually asked my best guy friend too and he said that white gold looks much better on me. I really do love it !! So, of course, I already went out and looked at settings. I saw this really unique wedding set, but the solitaire in it is better than the diamond I have so it looks like I might need to upgrade my diamond already LOL

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, changing settings is a great time to upgrade the diamond!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results