shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I have your round diamond expertise please?

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
I'm guessing a pavilion in the 40.8-41 range, a crown in the 32-34 range, and a table 57-60 with longer 80-85 lowers might be a better target for what you're wanting the diamond to accomplish.
Karl_K and Garry H (Cut Nut) can either of you provide some advice to Runningmama?

How do you calculate the lowers and stars? I usually get IGI stones and that info isn’t listed.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
glitter bomb is not an rb its a crushed ice oval or a radiant cut and sometimes a pear cut.
Trying to find a rb that acts like them is ripe for disappointing.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just had a "hmmmm" moment after Karl's reply:

There are rounds out there with faceting patterns that may be more inline with what you are looking for, although I do not have direct experience with any of them.

One of them that *might* do it is the Radiant Star with way more than 57-58 facets, but finding one in the carat range that you're looking for *with* high light return and optical performance is either going to be impossible or the price of a new small car since they are "exclusive" to Helzberg. Again, I have no direct experience so its performance personality may not even be what you're looking for.

Might want to check with Distinctive Gem, Brian Gavin, JannPaul, and Southwest Diamond Cutters to see if anyone has a unique/custom round cut that offers the light play that you want.

Screenshot_20240303-081515-170.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What about some of those experimental LGD cuts out of India that we've been seeing posted lately? THere's a few in the "not of this Earth..." thread

Karl_K are you still designing/inventing cuts? :mrgreen:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about some of those experimental LGD cuts out of India that we've been seeing posted lately? THere's a few in the "not of this Earth..." thread

Good thought!!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
glitter bomb is not an rb its a crushed ice oval or a radiant cut and sometimes a pear cut.
Trying to find a rb that acts like them is ripe for disappointing.

I’ve owned all three. I currently own a pear. Not quite enough “oomph.”

Just had a "hmmmm" moment after Karl's reply:

There are rounds out there with faceting patterns that may be more inline with what you are looking for, although I do not have direct experience with any of them.

One of them that *might* do it is the Radiant Star with way more than 57-58 facets, but finding one in the carat range that you're looking for *with* high light return and optical performance is either going to be impossible or the price of a new small car since they are "exclusive" to Helzberg. Again, I have no direct experience so its performance personality may not even be what you're looking for.

Might want to check with Distinctive Gem, Brian Gavin, JannPaul, and Southwest Diamond Cutters to see if anyone has a unique/custom round cut that offers the light play that you want.

Screenshot_20240303-081515-170.png
Damn I love that cut!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, @Runningmama, I love a good puzzle, and your wish feels like a true treasure hunt.

In that other thread about differing facet patterns, @LTCT814 mentioned that her friend's/acquaintance's mined diamond was brighter than hers. I wonder if this is where we step back from tech and return to the B&M days of "use your eyes." I'm guessing Mined Gal's bright stone was picked from an in-store line up and not from specs.

You're going for specific behavior given the lighting conditions of where you live, so let's look for the performance qualities you seek.

Here's a list of 16 diamonds we would *ne-ver* recommend to people. I didn't look for graining or tinge or whatever. I just combed through for uneven facet patterns. Maybe bring one in and see if it behaves?

https://www.jamesallen.com/wishlist/

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Ok, @Runningmama, I love a good puzzle, and your wish feels like a true treasure hunt.

In that other thread about differing facet patterns, @LTCT814 mentioned that her friend's/acquaintance's mined diamond was brighter than hers. I wonder if this is where we step back from tech and return to the B&M days of "use your eyes." I'm guessing Mined Gal's bright stone was picked from an in-store line up and not from specs.

You're going for specific behavior given the lighting conditions of where you live, so let's look for the performance qualities you seek.

Here's a list of 16 diamonds we would *ne-ver* recommend to people. I didn't look for graining or tinge or whatever. I just combed through for uneven facet patterns. Maybe bring one in and see if it behaves?

https://www.jamesallen.com/wishlist/

I can’t see your wishlist! It just is a blank area to create one.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do these look to you?

LTCT814

Shiny_Rock
I found the specs! Too bad the stone is nearly impossible to find. B03A2FD4-F876-4AC6-AE60-3761B0AFDA7C.png

The whole article is fascinating:

This is the closest I've found to the specs listed above...take a look!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
How do these look to you?

God those are sparkly. I’m so confused. :(

LTCT814

Shiny_Rock

Now I need to find one for myself. :lol-2: If you decide to try it, let me know!! I hadn't seen the specs you posted before. It's in contrast to what Garry posted so I'm curious to know how these compare with regards to more brilliance and less fire...

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Now I need to find one for myself. :lol-2: If you decide to try it, let me know!! I hadn't seen the specs you posted before. It's in contrast to what Garry posted so I'm curious to know how these compare with regards to more brilliance and less fire...

This will lean extremely fiery!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This is the closest I've found to the specs listed above...take a look!

Super fiery proportions and angles...it will have some added obstruction in the center and looks like it may also have some paddling.

360 video:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
This should perform much more different than a typical well cut round.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results