shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I have rose gold dipped to be white gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
This might be a REALLY dumb question. I got a new wedding band that is white gold with 1/4ct wght of little bead set diamonds. I plan on wearing it everyday but i''m terrorfied of hurting it. However I don''t like being without a wedding band completly. So anything relativly active and while sleeping i''m not going to wear it so I would like something small to wear. I''ve been looking up some antique looking, engraved white gold bands but they are actually more pricey than I thought! I found a band for a really good deal on Ebay and it''s gorgeous but it''s rose gold. I thought I heard somewhere that white gold is regular gold but plated and dipped. Could I do the same to rose gold? Would it bother the engraving? Anyone know where to look for a band like that at a low price?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might find this article interesting. It explains more about Common Alloys and how White Gold is formed.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/47/1/An-Overview-Of-Common-Alloys-Used-In-Jewelry.aspx

White gold isn''t yellow gold with plating on. Its actually a mixture of different alloys which lightens the colour of the yellow gold and then its plated.

Couldn''t you buy a cheap white gold band if you need something you can wear everyday? I am pretty sure it wouldn''t cost you too much. I have seen some reasonable plain bands on Whiteflash''s website.

Maisie

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei''s pendant being made of the rose gold as a whole piece for the structural integrity and then the channel/basket part of it which holding the diamond will be heavily rhodium plated to appear white. Hope this helps.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies! I will definatly read that article! I wanted a band that I could wear on it''s own but also something I could pair with the ering if I ever wanted too. I thought of a plain band but it didn''t really match with the antique look of the ering.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I believe you can have it rhodium dipped - this is what PS Admin was mentioning.
Anyone seen a thread on Lorelei''s rose gold pendant? I haven''t seen it and would love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results