shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get some PS dust?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peanut is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers are with him; you; and your husband. I am really, really hoping that this can be turned around for your wonderful kitty.

Hugs,
Deb

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear Peanut isn't feeling well. Sounds like he is doing a little bit better with the various treatments you've recently administered. Sending dust your way.

We found Nature's Miracle to be effective for cleaning cat urine.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peanut is so handsome :wavey:

When Finn (my avatar) was on steroids he peed like crazy, increased thirst and appetite. The short term prednisone saved his life.

Glad to hear Peanut is coming along, get better, Peanut!!!!!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Peanut--Yogi and Ellie the Springers send you lots of dust (and some shedding hair, sorry!) for a recovery soon! It feels miserable when our faithful companions are sick.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, Peanut is a beauty! Glad he seems to be doing a bit better, continued good thoughts and dust being sent for even more improvement.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Peanut is a handsome guy. I just love ginger cats. Get well soon, Peanut! Sending good wishes your way. :)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What wonderful news that Peanut is doing better. For future reference Lil Misfit, our dog is impossible to give pills to. There is a pharmacy near our home that can make perscriptions liquid form. They supply a syringe that makes giving the medicine so easy. It literary takes a second to give her the medicine. If you would like I can give you the pharmacy's name.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Peanut has been urinating in the box where he is confined to, but did defecate outside of it this morning.

For those that are commenting on pilling cats, I should clarify that the medicine we were giving (Flagyl) was a liquid and not a pill. Regardless, it is impossible to give him either.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor sweetums. Pancreatitis can be a symptom of inflammatory bowel disease which can be controlled through diet change and short-term to long-term steroid use. Without a biopsy both pancreatitis and inflammatory bowel disease are difficult to diagnose and a biopsy is the last thing to do on a debilitated animal. Have you discussed diet as a cause with your vet? If he's primarily a kibble eater, now would be the time to consider changing him to a canned food. There are a lot of cat folks in FB groups who got the disease under control by switching to a raw diet. Of course, any success depends on the age of the cat and whether there are other health issues present.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lil Misfit!

Not too long ago, my FB friends were posting about avoiding wet food with carageenan. One side effect is apparently gastric upset, intestinal inflammation. If peanut eats any wet food, that could be an ingredient to check for.

In the mean time, lots of dust to you and peanut!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1452047046|3971401 said:
Poor sweetums. Pancreatitis can be a symptom of inflammatory bowel disease which can be controlled through diet change and short-term to long-term steroid use. Without a biopsy both pancreatitis and inflammatory bowel disease are difficult to diagnose and a biopsy is the last thing to do on a debilitated animal. Have you discussed diet as a cause with your vet? If he's primarily a kibble eater, now would be the time to consider changing him to a canned food. There are a lot of cat folks in FB groups who got the disease under control by switching to a raw diet. Of course, any success depends on the age of the cat and whether there are other health issues present.

once I learned about carageenan as an ingredient to avoid, I started checking labels of typical wet food brands that are grain free that we buy. The majority have carageenan listed! a raw diet seems like the best alternative in the long run if we want to avoid mystery ingredients... Ugh...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1452048363|3971408 said:
Hi Lil Misfit!

Not too long ago, my FB friends were posting about avoiding wet food with carageenan. One side effect is apparently gastric upset, intestinal inflammation. If peanut eats any wet food, that could be an ingredient to check for.

Good catch PintoBean. I feel bad that I forgot to mention that. There is also evidence that the PBAs (white plastic stuff) and epoxy resins used to coat the inside of metal food cans are causing health issues in some animals (humans too).

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend who has Parkinson's. He's off all pharmaceutical drugs and only uses cannabis oil. Cbd. It is life changing for him. Their dog was having some issues so they were giving the oil to him.. The vet could not believe how much better he was. My best friend's mother-in-law has really bad colon and some really bad stomach problems. She was down To 90 pounds. She's 5'6. It was really bad. She couldn't keep any food down. They started giving her the oil and she is thriving. Not sure if you have done any research on this. But I am now a believer. I hope he's feeling a little better. He's beautiful

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Gem Queen|1452051055|3971442 said:
I have a friend who has Parkinson's. He's off all pharmaceutical drugs and only uses cannabis oil. Cbd. It is life changing for him. Their dog was having some issues so they were giving the oil to him.. The vet could not believe how much better he was. My best friend's mother-in-law has really bad colon and some really bad stomach problems. She was down To 90 pounds. She's 5'6. It was really bad. She couldn't keep any food down. They started giving her the oil and she is thriving. Not sure if you have done any research on this. But I am now a believer. I hope he's feeling a little better. He's beautiful

I'm a believer! Cannabis oil is highly concentrated. However, unlike people and dogs, cats lack a certain enzyme in the kidneys and liver that can effectively break down oils which can lead to kidney failure. I know there are some vets that will treat cats with essential oils, once the oils have been greatly diluted to the proper concentration for cats.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1452047046|3971401 said:

Hi Matata - he was switched to a prescription canned food a few months ago when we started noticing his symptoms getting worse. He's on Royan Canin PD.

We've been offered an endoscopy with biopsy at a cost of $1700-$2700. We didn't feel it was necessary since it would most likely tell us it's pancreatitis and we're already treating him appropriately. EQ had IBD and eventually developed pancreatitis, so we are not new to this disease and how awful it is, unfortunately.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1452048363|3971408 said:
Hi Lil Misfit!

In the mean time, lots of dust to you and peanut!

I'd not heard this before. I checked his food. It does have carageenan in it. I'm going to ask my vet if there's another food she can recommend. Thanks for the heads up.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
LAJennifer|1452055364|3971492 said:
Gem Queen|1452051055|3971442 said:

I'm a believer! Cannabis oil is highly concentrated. However, unlike people and dogs, cats lack a certain enzyme in the kidneys and liver that can effectively break down oils which can lead to kidney failure. I know there are some vets that will treat cats with essential oils, once the oils have been greatly diluted to the proper concentration for cats.

Thanks for this information. I will ask the vet about this as well.

You guys have been so helpful. Thank you all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results