shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help me find earrings like these?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m looking for small diamond huggies/hoops that have stones on the front and sides. (Not the common pave style, but where the stones are in a more defined pattern.)

I love these, but the jeweler thinks they have been discontinued and he''s not had any luck getting contact back from the vendor so I''m looking for an alternative.

Any ideas?

hoops2.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Here are some by Gumuchian Fils (Pearlman''s)...

Gumuchian Fils

GumuchianFilsH1.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, those GF earrings were actually the ones that I found first, but I didn''t want to spend $6K on hoops. This once again just proves that great bling minds think alike!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~LOL... Very true!!
2.gif
I was thinking the same thing about the price...is there any way that your jeweler can custom make them for you??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably could have them custom made but then I will feel worse when I lose one than if I had just bought them "off the rack."
2.gif

They actually remind me of a pic that was posted the other day of a wax of the the band of an e-ring that Whiteflash is making for someone.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like those Yurmans, but the problem is that my earlobes angle a little away from my face so when I wear hoops, unless you''re looking at me from the side, you only see the sides of the earrings from the front. (Does that make any sense?)

That''s why the ones I found appealed to me--bling on the front and angling back to the sides.

Maybe I should just get someone to make me those (which I think I''ve come to like more than the GFs), but would it be silly to have custom earrings made? An e-ring--absolutely, I completely understand, but earrings--I don''t want to be a TOTAL Princess!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could have sworn that Firenze (SP) had some that are similar???

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bling*Diva - YOU''RE SCARING ME!!! I *just* looked at those BB ones too!!

Here is the wax from whiteflash that reminds me of the earrings. How hard do you think it would be to translate this to earrings?

Wax idea.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~LOL...I don''t think it would be hard to translate the wax into earrings. Do you want milgrain to??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I do want milgrain--or do you think that would be too much goin on?

(These also kind of remind me of the new setting that I''m considering for my e-ring so I wonder if I''m being swayed becuase they are similar and this is just the kind of mood I''m in right now... )

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I hope I''m not straying too far from the original pic...These are by Tacori...

Tacori Earrings

Tacori97318.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Too far from the original?" Not at all -- all options are appreciated!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I thought you were going to keep the pears!!!
39.gif
LOL That may be the reason you like that style of earrings, however earrings that go with your e-ring would be gorgeous!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But then I have to go around posing in awakward ways so that my hand is always near my ears so people will notice!
9.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2006 5:11:03 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
But then I have to go around posing in awakward ways so that my hand is always near my ears so people will notice!
9.gif

~~I actually laughed out loud when I read this!!
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the miligrain just makes those earrings. i bet you would be surprised at how affordable custom can be. especially when you are comparing to designer pieces.
get some quotes and get what you want girl!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- thanks for all these great suggestions!

Belle, I do agree with you about the milgraining. If I can''t find anything on our annual Thanksgiving trip to Phoenix (which is where I usually occupy myself for a week looking for my Christmas present
2.gif
) I will explore the custom route. That way I could also make sure I get exact size that I want (I like my hoops small).

But if anyone else has any ideas--well, I''m open!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the milgrain, too, and would love to find some eventually!

But Dee Jay, you might not have to wait for Thanksgiving seeing that you and MrsS have a big shopping trip lined up very soon!

Gosh, I might just have to have that Tacori pair, too.
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2006 8:37:24 PM
Wow -- thanks for all these great suggestions!

Belle, I do agree with you about the milgraining. If I can''t find anything on our annual Thanksgiving trip to Phoenix (which is where I usually occupy myself for a week looking for my Christmas present
2.gif
) I will explore the custom route. That way I could also make sure I get exact size that I want (I like my hoops small).

But if anyone else has any ideas--well, I''m open!
where do you go in phoenix? i''d love some shopping recs!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Belle, I usually made a round to the these places:

London Gold, 10441 N. Scottsdale Road

Diamond Showcase, 6900 E. Camelback Road.

Reve Jewelers, 7000 E. Shea Blvd. (This is in kind of a weirdly arranged strip mall and you will have to park your car and hunt it down on foot because it''s not very obvious. It''s over toward The Claim Jumper restaurant, not toward the four story professional building.)

There is another place on Shea that you get to by turning left onto Shea from Scottsdale Road (going north) right where you would also turn right to get to London Gold. It''s about 2 blocks or so on the north (right) side of the street (sorry -- the name totally escapes me right now). They had a nice Gregg Ruth display and also have some decent pre-owned pieces in the back case.

And of course I cruise the usual stores in the Fashion Square Mall (Tiffanys; Bailey, Banks and Biddle, etc.)

When I was there last month I found a new store (new to me, anyway!) about 1/2 block from the Nordstroms entrace to the Fashion Square Mall, right beside the book store on the corner. I think it was called "Isaac" something. I tried to look them up in the yellow pages but there''s no listing yet because they''re a recent addtion to the strip. This was the one that I actually enjoyed the most on my last trip.

But my favorite gift came from the Zales Outlet in Arizona Mills, so maybe you don''t really want to take shopping advice from me!
3.gif

Do you live in Phoenix?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2006 9:30:50 AM
Belle, I usually made a round to the these places:

London Gold, 10441 N. Scottsdale Road

Diamond Showcase, 6900 E. Camelback Road.

Reve Jewelers, 7000 E. Shea Blvd. (This is in kind of a weirdly arranged strip mall and you will have to park your car and hunt it down on foot because it''s not very obvious. It''s over toward The Claim Jumper restaurant, not toward the four story professional building.)

There is another place on Shea that you get to by turning left onto Shea from Scottsdale Road (going north) right where you would also turn right to get to London Gold. It''s about 2 blocks or so on the north (right) side of the street (sorry -- the name totally escapes me right now). They had a nice Gregg Ruth display and also have some decent pre-owned pieces in the back case.

And of course I cruise the usual stores in the Fashion Square Mall (Tiffanys; Bailey, Banks and Biddle, etc.)

When I was there last month I found a new store (new to me, anyway!) about 1/2 block from the Nordstroms entrace to the Fashion Square Mall, right beside the book store on the corner. I think it was called ''Isaac'' something. I tried to look them up in the yellow pages but there''s no listing yet because they''re a recent addtion to the strip. This was the one that I actually enjoyed the most on my last trip.

But my favorite gift came from the Zales Outlet in Arizona Mills, so maybe you don''t really want to take shopping advice from me!
3.gif

Do you live in Phoenix?
ok do tell. what is your favorite gift? Maybe I can run to my Zales outlet and get one?!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Deejay...so far anytime I''ve had custom work quoted, it''s been about half to a third the cost of buying "off the rack". So, really, you are less of a princess for having something ''made'', if that''s what you are worried about.

I can''t buy anything off the rack anymore, I''ve been ruined. Custom is the way to go if you use a private jeweler (not a big name) or Whiteflash (while not uber cheap, they are very fair and reasonable...the rest of my jewelry will come from them)

HTH

Jeannine

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the list Dee Jay, I''ll have to check those out! I''ve been meaning to go to Diamond Showcase, but haven''t made it there yet. I''ll have to try the others also!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results