shape
carat
color
clarity

Can any cushion be re-cut into a branded cut like AV?

VictoriaBC&AD

Rough_Rock
Re-cutting a cushion diamond into a branded cut like AV.. How can it be done, what are would the requirements if any and how is the pricing? Thank You!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would need to call GOG and discuss it as the August Vintage cushions are their branded product. I don't know if they would consider such a task or how much of the diamond's weight would be lost. Give them a call - they'd be more than happy to give you their opinion I'm sure.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depending on the brand and what proportions they are cutting to as there is no fix proportions between different brands.

VictoriaBC&AD

Rough_Rock
Has Jonathan posted about this previously? I am sorry if it's a repeat, I can't seem to find it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think Rhino has talked about this before.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure there's others out there; however, I've only ever heard of Singlestone and Brian at Brian Gavin Diamonds recutting a stone for a non-dealer/retailer. You only have one diamond (presumably). Only a cutter looking at it in person can tell you whether it's a suitable candidate for a recut. The inclusions, the depth or the shape of your stone may make a recut impossible, risky or result in too much weight loss for your taste.

As for whether someone will cut a branded stone for you - I suppose you'll have to talk to the holder of the brand. I suppose you can try to have someone mimick it. I don't know what type of legal protection these companies, including GOG has over the design/cut, but I would assume there are some in place and you don't want to infringe on that. However, I don't think any reputable cutter is going to mimick a branded stone completely.

If you're interested in an AVC but would like to recut your stone, I'd talk to Jon at GOG. Jon has a cutter who does AVC's for him. Although frankly, I don't think Jon will allow you to use his cutter and patented design, but who knows? It's Jon's call. You should phone GOG and speak to him directly.

VictoriaBC&AD

Rough_Rock
Yes, I will call him. I would be interested in the original, branded, patented cut, whatever it would cost for that specific cutter to re-cut.
I remember reading about someone recommending it so I was just wondering if it's common.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results