carat
color
clarity

Calling TooPatient!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Too!

One of my co-workers put up a really cool poster of the periodic elements, and it brought to mind your question about ways to get prepared to take a chemistry class. You can check out the poster here: http://www.periodictable.com/..

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOooo! Thanks for remembering and posting this -- I've got several tables, but none like this!

That is really neat! I love how you can click on each element and get more information. (I think I love Carbon the most :bigsmile: )
We have to memorize something like 65 of the elements this quarter (just symbols so that isn't too bad).

I'm just finishing up my 2nd week of the quarter and so far it has been pretty boring. We had our first "lab experiment" yesterday.... I got to boil water and stir ice cubes into cold water. Next week -- popcorn.
I know this is all foundation stuff and there IS stuff that is new to me (like the different types of mixtures) so I'm just trying to not :rolleyes: :rolleyes: too much (most of the people in the class can't figure out how to divide numbers...) and get a good grasp on the actual material.

It also looks like I'm going to keep going for two more quarters instead of just the one more I had initially been planning (only one is required for my first choice transfer program, but the 2nd is required for my 2nd choice program) -- actually might be able to do them both over summer quarter. It would be a tough schedule (a full quarter of chemistry in 17 days followed immediately by another full quarter in 17 days) but it would mean I'd have 12 credit-hours completed over the summer and be able to start physics in fall with a pretty good grasp on math/chemistry (will have completed calc1, calc2, calc3, and at least the intro + one additional quarter (maybe 2) of chemistry)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results