shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Handbag Pros!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I am loving this handbag that Kyle Richards from RHOBH is wearing! And I adore the color! I believe it is this one from Balenciaga. http://www.balenciaga.com/us/cross-body-bag_cod45203800lc.html# I was wondering if any of you ladies out there know of a much cheaper dupe? There is no way I'm spending that on a fun summer bag! Thanks!

10178110_837338772947005_4367105560552842034_n.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

SIL has the Balenciaga City bag and it's really nice. I highly recommend getting the real thing. It's worth it.

Knockoffs will always look like knockoffs.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
By "cheaper dupe" do you mean a knock-off or just a style that looks similar? I have no suggestions for knock-offs (don't buy them and wouldn't recommend them), but I could look around for similar styles if that's what you're interested in?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
If you're interested in a secondhand one, I buy them (other brands, not that one specifically) at www.fashionphile.com

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I will write individually in a moment. But I just want to clarify...that I want to find a similar style, not a knockoff. I don't buy fakes, but I'd like to find something with similar styling, size, and color if anyone knows of any. I think Rebecca Minkoff does something similar so I'm going to look into those as well! I'll be back....

Edited to add...$400 max is the most I'd like to spend.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
paying $400 for a fake isn't the way to go.. trust me.

Either buy used (which you find lots of online and reputatable resale shops), or save up and get a new real thing.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^She doesn't want to buy a fake - she said that she was simply looking for a similar style and wanted to stay under $400.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1398117901|3657380 said:
^She doesn't want to buy a fake - she said that she was simply looking for a similar style and wanted to stay under $400.
It is call an "homage" on the watch forums...just another word for fake... :wink2:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Geez, talk about flaming me for trying to find a similar style. :rolleyes: Paying $1800 for a pink summer bag is way too much for me! I thought I cleared up what I was looking for...just something similar for around $400.

Tacori, I'd really love to get the real thing trust me, but I just can't justify paying that amount for that color. I have some Prada and LV bags but they are so classic in coloring that spending more was ok and justified in my opinion. (at least that's what I told myself! ha!)

Momhappy, Urstx, and lewlew, thank you so much for your helpful comments! If you have any suggestions Momhappy, please send them my way!

I think I am going to go with this one from Rebecca Minkoff. Anybody own this one? I think it's a fun color and not too pricey, but similar size and details as the Balenciaga! http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/shop/handbags/cross-body/cupid-mini-orangina.html

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

iLander

Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a HUGE fan of Rebecca Minkoffs cupid satchel! I own 4 and would love to have the mini also! IMO, it is the perfect bag, with the right amount and perfect placement of pockets. I have had them for almost a year and still love them. That doesn't usually happen for me with bags. Typically, I wear them for a few months and move on to a different style because something about them just doesn't work. Not with this bag, I love everything about it.

Most of the world doesn't pay even $400 for a bag, almost everyone I know finds that excessive. Lizzyann, I think the mini is a great option!
As much as I might love the style of an expensive bag, I could never get myself to pay the prices. I could afford it, I just couldn't get myself to spend it. $400 is about my limit too!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to Ame, I have a beautiful Linea Pelle bag too! The leather is beautiful and soft, but because of this mine won't stand up when I set it on the floor. If that is important to you, it is something to consider with a super soft bag. She might make some with more structure, which would take care of the problem.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1398192613|3657960 said:
Thanks to Ame, I have a beautiful Linea Pelle bag too! The leather is beautiful and soft, but because of this mine won't stand up when I set it on the floor. If that is important to you, it is something to consider with a super soft bag. She might make some with more structure, which would take care of the problem.
yea that is one thing to keep in mind, the majority of their bags are not designed for structure.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, you ladies have given me such great ideas!!!

Pinto, I love the linea pelle bags and had never heard of them! Thanks for posting! I found one that I really like, I'll text it below. Let me know what you think?

Luv2sparkle, thanks for your recommendation on RM cupid. Do you think the mini will look more casual? I really am going for a pulled together but casual bag if that makes sense. I have two little boys and I'd say my summer wardrobe is mostly JCrew shorts/tees, and some cropped skinny jeans. I am a big accesorizor though and love statement necklaces! Thank you for your kind note on my max price tag. I honestly felt a little attacked when people were telling me that I was looking for a fake. The fact is that I just don't want a summer fun bag with that balenciaga price tag! However, I still want a nice bag if you know what I mean? Not a fake! ha! Thank you again! Also, do you own any Mac Mini's?

Deco, I actually really love that one you posted! I like that it is still quite casual which is what I am going for!

Ilander, thanks for posting! I found a lot of bags on there that I love!!!

AMC and hlmr, thank you so much for posting!!!

Here are some more that I like....I really want to find a cross body that is dressed up casual if you know what I mean? I mostly wear Jcrew or Gap shorts/cropped denim and tees in the summer as I am busy with my two young boys, but I am dressy casual if that makes sense? I like to accesorize with statement neclaces and fun jewelry.
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro...30854988.jsp?cm_sp=Grid-_-30854988-_-Large_42
http://www.lineapelle.com/dylan-icon-mini-speedy?color=Pink Dreams
http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/shop/handbags/mini-bags/cupid-mini-minty.html

Now, any thoughts on a MAC Mini? I'm a size 12/14 but 5'7", does anyone own one? I think it is super cute and comes in a ton of colors but not sure if it will look really small on me?
http://what-do-i-wear.com/post/19854416708 Does anyone know the color of this one? I LOVE IT!!!! I think it might be fuschia.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/rebecca...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_2_CLove this color too!

I like the minty, twilight blue,and hot pink too!!!

Thanks for your help ladies!! I am trying to avoid driving to a Nordstrom which is about 45 mins away, so I appreciate all of your feedback!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
lizzyann|1398124748|3657435 said:
Geez, talk about flaming me for trying to find a similar style. :rolleyes: Paying $1800 for a pink summer bag is way too much for me! I thought I cleared up what I was looking for...just something similar for around $400.

Tacori, I'd really love to get the real thing trust me, but I just can't justify paying that amount for that color. I have some Prada and LV bags but they are so classic in coloring that spending more was ok and justified in my opinion. (at least that's what I told myself! ha!)

Momhappy, Urstx, and lewlew, thank you so much for your helpful comments! If you have any suggestions Momhappy, please send them my way!

I think I am going to go with this one from Rebecca Minkoff. Anybody own this one? I think it's a fun color and not too pricey, but similar size and details as the Balenciaga! http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/shop/handbags/cross-body/cupid-mini-orangina.html

HAHAHA sorry, when I read 'cheaper dupe', I thought fake (look-alike).

The links some of the folks posted are quite awesome, especially Pinto Beans!! Looks a lot like the style you are looking for!.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Rebecca Minkoff's stuff is great! Super quality, too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Liebeskind (sp?) tote bag that's really fun and has been smooshy but durable (I use it as a weekender/travel piece mostly). So I like the brand. I'd avoid chain link if you can for a casual bag. It's HEAVY! I've been using a cheapie thrift store crossbody recently because it just seems to always go with what I'm wearing. Gotta upgrade to a nicer bag in the same shape but def will opt out of chain in the next one. Have to say it's kinda nice knocking about with a $10 bag and never worrying about harming it!

FWIW -- The bag I wore the past two summers was a $15 crossbody mexican brightly colored blanket stripey (serape?) number from one of those head-shop like mall stores. SUPER LIGHT ... strangely compatible with most summery classic, basic outfits. And always added that *fun* beachy earthy quality.

(I say this as someone who does own a Gucci horsebit & a classic-ish saddle bucket Hogan & lots of other "just had to have them" bags along the way. Though I'd still kill for a Celine! LOL!!! :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
ame|1398191839|3657949 said:
PintoBean|1398184862|3657854 said:
Last year, my search for a balenciagaesque bag for less led me to linea pelle. The leather is smooshy and delish.

http://www.lineapelle.com/collection/shop/dylan?limit=all
That's what I was just gonna post :)

Hey Ame, sorry I missed your post earlier. I know you are a fan of the linea pelle line, do you think that it will be too dressy or a good mix of both casual and dressy. I just don't want to feel like it's too dressy for capri's and a tee. I' m thinking the bright color will help casual-ize it a bit!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1398208117|3658128 said:
My one concern about the mini Mac is it's capacity for holding stuff. Check this thread out to see what people fit in their mini macs :twirl:
http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff-reference-library/what-fits-inside-a-mini-mac-833683.html

Since there's a Nordstrom near you could always order it And if you dont fancy it you can return it to the store.

I love the pink dream speedy!!! Love a punchy color on a classic shape!

Thanks for posting that. After seeing that...definitely going to be too small for me!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1398202330|3658057 said:
I have a Liebeskind (sp?) tote bag that's really fun and has been smooshy but durable (I use it as a weekender/travel piece mostly). So I like the brand. I'd avoid chain link if you can for a casual bag. It's HEAVY! I've been using a cheapie thrift store crossbody recently because it just seems to always go with what I'm wearing. Gotta upgrade to a nicer bag in the same shape but def will opt out of chain in the next one. Have to say it's kinda nice knocking about with a $10 bag and never worrying about harming it!

FWIW -- The bag I wore the past two summers was a $15 crossbody mexican brightly colored blanket stripey (serape?) number from one of those head-shop like mall stores. SUPER LIGHT ... strangely compatible with most summery classic, basic outfits. And always added that *fun* beachy earthy quality.

(I say this as someone who does own a Gucci horsebit & a classic-ish saddle bucket Hogan & lots of other "just had to have them" bags along the way. Though I'd still kill for a Celine! LOL!!! :))

Great point about the chain Deco. I didn't even consider the weight of it. And once I'm toting my wallet and snacks for the kids and whatever else in there, it's going to be even heavier!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Nyc2chigal|1398201987|3658055 said:
lizzyann|1398124748|3657435 said:

HAHAHA sorry, when I read 'cheaper dupe', I thought fake (look-alike).

The links some of the folks posted are quite awesome, especially Pinto Beans!! Looks a lot like the style you are looking for!.

It's ok NYC, I wasn't clear in my original post as to what I was looking for so I can see how you thought that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results