shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling every with Pave Bands!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I figured this would be best to ask here. I like the pave settings for engagement rings. I went to a jeweler who mentioned that I need to be sure to be comfortable with the gap between fingers that these types of settings create especially if I plan to wear the ring daily. I didn''t really notice until I tried on a straight platinum band that was molded straight on the sides. For those who have these rings. What are your feelings? Here is a pic to better illustrate, It''s of Laney''s gorgeous tacori setting. I circled what I was talking about. I had it both sides, but I notice it on only one here.
33%3B%3C7%3C%3A723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B54%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232367564%3A547ot1lsi

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have an eternity band b/c my fingers are sensitive....but I don''t think the ''gap'' looks silly at all. Where else is your finger going to go?? LOL

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Exactly. I just figured I would get used to it. The jeweler made it seemed like I should be overly concerned. I was just curious if other people have found it uncomfortable.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

Do you mean that the horizontal width of the band and how it rests against your fingers?

Or the two bands sitting vertically on top of one another?

As for the "feeling" against your finger - it does feel different than a smooth band. Almost a little "scratchy" if that makes any sense? But it took all of 20 seconds to get used to - and it doesn''t bother me at all. Some people don''t like the feeling of pave, or a "thicker" band for that matter. Any designs on a band too - may feel strange against the finger. But really, it doesn''t bother me at all.

The two tacori bands fit exactly together vertically - so there is no gap between the bands themselves.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Laney, thanks. Can you tell I am impatient.
1.gif
I figured I would get more opinions. Questions, is your bands flush because the crown is high up, so it's above the band so its rests perfectly. If so, how is the high setting?

Thanks,

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2004 5
6.gif
8:25 PM
Author: yanekie25
Laney, thanks. Can you tell I am impatient.
1.gif
I figured I would get more opinions. Questions, is your bands flush because the crown is high up, so it''s above the band so its rests perfectly. If so, how is the high setting?

Thanks,

in this tacori setting - the band is flush because of how the "crown" as you call it is shaped in a "U"" and is flat against the side. Actually the diamond is set very low. Lower than the solitare setting I had previously. I actually like the high setting -- but the jewler recommended I do this one low. The band is the same thickness of the band of the e-ring and the patterns fit almost exactly together - almost feel like they click in - they sit flush. it looks very nice - and the diamond sits overtop of the w-band. I was very surprised on how well they fit together.

My good camera is broken or I''d share more!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I think I know what you mean. You are talking about the depth of the shank and how the thickness of the ring may be uncomfortable right? I had the same concerns too since I am having my pave set custom made. It really depends on the type of pave ring. If you are getting a domed pave setting, or a three sided pave, those tend to be thicker so it will feel bulkier. However, I tried on many one-sided pave rings and since pave stones are set pretty flush with within the metal, they tend not be as bulky. A few rounded shank pave rings I tried on were more than 2.0 mm thick so they were a bit more uncomfortable.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t find mine uncomfortable with the gap, though it did take some getting used to at first to have something with rough edges around the circumfrence. The gap thing is more of a practical question...aka the picture you posted of Laney''s hand..how often does one sit around with their hands pressed together like that?
2.gif

I think this would really only be an issue if you had something like a huge 10c eternity ring where the depth of the ring was so large that it really didn''t allow you to close your hand. But for a typical pave setting with small melee...I think you''ll get used to it quite quickly.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i know what you mean--i have tried on some pave settings in stores where the shank protruded out so far that it was almost tough to close my fingers. however, my three-sded pave e-ring doesn''t bother me one bit. i have no problem closing my fingers and honestly it''s very comfortable--i don''t even know it''s there.

if i had to guess, the biggest difference between my e-ring and the rings i tried on in the store is that my e-ring is my size! i have fairly small fingers--4.25--and so usually when i tried things on in the store they would be bigger--size 6 or whatever. which added to the bulky, can''t close your fingers feel. so make sure you try on some pave rings that are your size, if you can. the other reason that my ring might not bother me is that the shank is super thin--probably about 2mm.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
thanks, ladies. I think during lunch I will go on a little trip and try some out to see. I actually prefer at wider shank which worried me a bit. Not sure the mm that I like. Will have to check measurments on the rings.

Halfpint

Rough_Rock
We are in the process of loooking at many different pave platinum engagement rings.Yours looks beautiful, and very similar to the one i love !! I was just wondering if you could give us any information in reference to which designers you liked the best-WE have been looking for four months now, and i am starting to get stressed out! I never imagined it would take me this long!!There are so many beautiful ones,we are trying to narrow it down to one- Possibly either scott kay, tacori or royal asscher. Did you haVE any experience with any of these companies--Any information would be great! Thanks!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
As you can see if my avator, I have a very very thick band with pave and it separates my fingers a lot but I got used to it very quickly.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at Michael B. his designs are breathtaking!

ninasstar

Rough_Rock
I have a tacori eternity ring and matching band, and I forget they are on.....way more comfortable then I ever imagined!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
If you watch yourself for a day, you''ll notice that your finger are separated most of the time anyway. Never do I have my fingers closed tightly together so it isn''t much of a difference to have the rings on.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Michael B is great. As is tacori. A few ladies on here have it. Also, dvatche has a pave ring and ritani. Also, I found most sites have some form of it in their standard setting. The one I am in love with is from Renaissance Platinum. I think you have to try some on and see how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results