Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another

Attachments

• Marquise spinel.bmp
    218.2 KB · Views: 185

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Bright Ice, I think the Swala oval you posted previously is worth looking into further. I suspect the marquise is going to be quite a bit darker on the ends, which would bother me, but might not bother you, and I don't like the color as much as the oval. I don't like either of the other two stones you posted. The first one lacks the color pop you said you are looking for, and the second one is very brown.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1305988536|2927233 said:
Bright Ice, I think the Swala oval you posted previously is worth looking into further. I suspect the marquise is going to be quite a bit darker on the ends, which would bother me, but might not bother you, and I don't like the color as much as the oval. I don't like either of the other two stones you posted. The first one lacks the color pop you said you are looking for, and the second one is very brown.

Thanks Aoife. Of all that I have located I am leaning to the oval from Swala as well. It seems to glow. I should get a response on Monday.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote would go to the pear at the bottom of the last page by a country mile. :appl:

The oval underneath it? :errrr: That's really brown so give that a swerve.

The marquise from Swala - well the photograph looks very odd and also you can clearly see the bow tie in the middle so that also needs avoiding.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1305915818|2926695 said:
Take a look at this one please.

I think I will take a closer look at this one. Will get hand shot and other lighting and background shots.

Measurements 3.77ct, 9.5 x 8.1 x 6.1. Nicely cut (a bit deep), lightly included (slightly visible), pink. (per his description).

Attachments

• 3.77 ct Pink Spinel.bmp
    162.5 KB · Views: 166

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be prepared that it won't be as bright and vibrant as that photo suggests please. I suspect it will look far more muted in real life. Swala's photos tend to make everything super vibrant. I hate saying that because I really really do like Eric but I don't like the photography on his site as I don't believe (for me personally) it's truly representative.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1305989195|2927238 said:
My vote would go to the pear at the bottom of the last page by a country mile. :appl:

The oval underneath it? :errrr: That's really brown so give that a swerve.

The marquise from Swala - well the photograph looks very odd and also you can clearly see the bow tie in the middle so that also needs avoiding.

I really like this one as well, nice size and the color looks good to me. It cost less too.

spinel pink pear.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
LD is exactly right on the Swala oval, so definitely follow Chrono's and LD's suggestions: get a photo showing the stone on his fingers, and be persistent about asking questions. My earlier post about my experiences with Swala is pertinent here.

My one other suggestion, Bright Ice, is to take your time, and be very, very picky. Especially if you are considering a stone from Swala: returning a spinel to Eric would be, if not impossible, very, very complicated, and you want to make sure that what you receive is as good or better than what you are expecting.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is Tan with Odyssey Gems located? He has this pear. How is the customer service? Is it easy to return? I see he has an ebay store as well.

Gem description: GIA certified pear mehenge orangy pink spinel. 4.14ct, 12.33 x 8.66 x 5.63. GIA calls it orangy red? Two different color descriptions.

spinel pink pear.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Do you want orangey red? Or orangey pink?

I have not bought from Tan, but many people on this forum have, and have found him to be good to deal with. Returns don't seem to be a problem, from what I have heard. I believe he's in Thailand? Southeast Asia, anyway.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1305991064|2927254 said:
LD is exactly right on the Swala oval, so definitely follow Chrono's and LD's suggestions: get a photo showing the stone on his fingers, and be persistent about asking questions. My earlier post about my experiences with Swala is pertinent here.

My one other suggestion, Bright Ice, is to take your time, and be very, very picky. Especially if you are considering a stone from Swala: returning a spinel to Eric would be, if not impossible, very, very complicated, and you want to make sure that what you receive is as good or better than what you are expecting.

So, if it is almost impossible to return to eric with Swayla, then I will certainly nock his off my list. I don't want to get into a situation where I am stuck with something I don't like.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to add to my previous post about the orangey-red/pink spinel from Tan. Personally, I like a range of pinks, including some pinks with orange. They can be really amazingly beautiful. But if you are looking for a pure, knock-your-socks-off pink, I don't think this is it. Just make sure you are clear in your own mind what you are looking for, because you could rack up a lot of shipping charges if there is a gap between what you really want, and what shows up on your doorstep.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tan is based in Thailand. It's easy to return things. Do a forum search - that should help.

In the meantime, look at the video of the stone. His videos of Mahenges are pretty accurate (more so than the photos). If the video shows orange then it's likely you'll see that too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tan has had some awesome Mahenges, but I have noticed that much of his material, again like everyone else's, is very orangy as of late, or too much purple. He has a pink trillion pair I like in his VVS1GEM store, but they are more of a pure pink, which I'm happier with than any stone with orange in it. The more orangey Mahenges seem less saturated than the pinks and pinkish reds IMHO.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1305992062|2927259 said:
Where is Tan with Odyssey Gems located? He has this pear. How is the customer service? Is it easy to return? I see he has an ebay store as well.

Gem description: GIA certified pear mehenge orangy pink spinel. 4.14ct, 12.33 x 8.66 x 5.63. GIA calls it orangy red? Two different color descriptions.

I would agree that it is an orangy pink.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results